5,597,501 Members 31,705 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[OFF-TOPIC + SANCTUARY] Desire S Users Hangout Lounge

Tip us?
 
olyloh6696
Old
(Last edited by olyloh6696; 24th October 2013 at 08:18 PM.)
#1  
olyloh6696's Avatar
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 1544
Posts: 7,561
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Southport
Default [OFF-TOPIC + SANCTUARY] Desire S Users Hangout Lounge

Following the recent decision from XDA Moderators to remove OT threads in device forums, they have now been closed.

I have found we can continue discussion here as long as the thread is in the OT forum.

I am creating a OT lounge for fellow DS members to carry on.

Here we go.

EDIT: Since Ben's sanctuary thread has gone too, we have decided to combine them to one thread, instead of creating another thread.


EDIT1: Our BBM group

Google Nexus 4 Stock Jelly Bean 4.3
Ployer Momo20 Quad Stock Jelly Bean 4.2.2
HTC Desire S Andromadus Jelly Bean 4.2.2

If This Post Has Helped, Press
Thanks!
 
Kira
Old
#2  
Kira's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 950
Posts: 9,903
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Ohio
The off-topic threads have been closed?
That means I need to launch my attack now!
Follow me on Instagram.
 
olyloh6696
Old
#3  
olyloh6696's Avatar
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 1544
Posts: 7,561
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Southport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urahara View Post
The off-topic threads have been closed?
That means I need to launch my attack now!
Correct. In all device sub forums the have been closed, however we have been given permission to open them here. I fell disappointed by this decision too.

Sent from my Desire S using Tapatalk 2
Google Nexus 4 Stock Jelly Bean 4.3
Ployer Momo20 Quad Stock Jelly Bean 4.2.2
HTC Desire S Andromadus Jelly Bean 4.2.2

If This Post Has Helped, Press
Thanks!
 
Kira
Old
#4  
Kira's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 950
Posts: 9,903
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by olyloh6696 View Post
Correct. In all device sub forums the have been closed, however we have been given permission to open them here. I fell disappointed by this decision too.

Sent from my Desire S using Tapatalk 2
Hasn't been closed over @ kindle fire yet. Why this decision?
Follow me on Instagram.
 
jaszek
Old
#5  
jaszek's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1141
Posts: 5,708
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Brooklyn

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by olyloh6696 View Post
Following the recent decision from XDA Moderators to remove OT threads in device forums, they have now been closed.

I have found we can continue discussion here as long as the Real OTers allow us.

I am creating a OT lounge for fellow DS members to carry on.

Here we go.
FTFY
 
olyloh6696
Old
#6  
olyloh6696's Avatar
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 1544
Posts: 7,561
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Southport
I don't know
Mos major device ones have though, like the N4, One X etc.

Sent from my Desire S using Tapatalk 2
Google Nexus 4 Stock Jelly Bean 4.3
Ployer Momo20 Quad Stock Jelly Bean 4.2.2
HTC Desire S Andromadus Jelly Bean 4.2.2

If This Post Has Helped, Press
Thanks!
 
SimonTS
Old
#7  
SimonTS's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1539
Posts: 3,987
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Bristol
Quote:
Originally Posted by olyloh6696 View Post
Correct. In all device sub forums the have been closed, however we have been given permission to open them here. I fell disappointed by this decision too.
I couldn't agree with you more Oly. I have posted my feelings in both the DS OT threads and hope that they are read by our moderators, even if nothing changes.

This is the worst thing I have known XDA to do yet. The moderators constantly refuse to do anything about the newbies who refuse point-blank to bother searching and then get all upset and aggravated when you tell them to do so, yet they decide to close threads which serve a very useful and valuable purpose on XDA. Putting device-specific threads in the general OT forum just means more chaos - if every device has an OT thread here and they are used regularly then the other OT threads will get hidden 8 pages down the list.

I cannot see a single valid justification for this decision and have just about lost all the respect I once had for the forum moderators.
Sent from the darkest corners of my mind
 
olyloh6696
Old
#8  
olyloh6696's Avatar
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 1544
Posts: 7,561
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Southport
Your logic is spot on. I'm very disappointed in XDA's decision. There really was no need.

I completely see where you are coming from, the OT forum will now have so many device sub threads everywhere, so other OT threads will be buried... Regular OT members will also be affected by this, with all those extra threads.

Can't express my disappointment enough...

I'm sure a few DS people won't come along, the ones who've already left (enigmaamit etc)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
Google Nexus 4 Stock Jelly Bean 4.3
Ployer Momo20 Quad Stock Jelly Bean 4.2.2
HTC Desire S Andromadus Jelly Bean 4.2.2

If This Post Has Helped, Press
Thanks!
 
jugg1es
Old
#9  
jugg1es's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1900
Posts: 13,054
Join Date: May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonTS View Post
I couldn't agree with you more Oly. I have posted my feelings in both the DS OT threads and hope that they are read by our moderators, even if nothing changes.

This is the worst thing I have known XDA to do yet. The moderators constantly refuse to do anything about the newbies who refuse point-blank to bother searching and then get all upset and aggravated when you tell them to do so, yet they decide to close threads which serve a very useful and valuable purpose on XDA. Putting device-specific threads in the general OT forum just means more chaos - if every device has an OT thread here and they are used regularly then the other OT threads will get hidden 8 pages down the list.

I cannot see a single valid justification for this decision and have just about lost all the respect I once had for the forum moderators.
Ok this is the first real time that i have missed the thanks button in ot


What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left.
—Oscar Levant

Please don't pm me with support questions
 
olyloh6696
Old
#10  
olyloh6696's Avatar
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 1544
Posts: 7,561
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Southport
Quote:
Originally Posted by jugg1es View Post
Ok this is the first real time that i have missed the thanks button in ot


What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left.
—Oscar Levant
Same?! Where has it gone?!

You mean there's no thanks button in OT?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
Google Nexus 4 Stock Jelly Bean 4.3
Ployer Momo20 Quad Stock Jelly Bean 4.2.2
HTC Desire S Andromadus Jelly Bean 4.2.2

If This Post Has Helped, Press
Thanks!

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Clean Up Your Logcat Code with Lib Cleaner

Some of you may think that writing code is the hardest part of development. It’s not, as the … more

Tweak Your Xperia Device’s Camera App Yourself

We’ve come to expect nearly perfect cameraperformancein our modern day … more