Android 5.0.2 Fixes 2012 Nexus 7! Sony’s Making a Google Glass Competitor? – XDA TV

Android 5.0.2 Lollipop is available for the … more

Early Lollipop Ports for Micromax A116 and A117

It feels like it was only yesterday when Google announced the mysterious Android L.After … more

Now Gesture Tweaks Replaces Google Now with Custom Action

On most modern Android devices with software navigation keys, swiping up from the … more

ToqAN Fixes Android 5.0 Notification Bug on Qualcomm Toq

The Qualcomm Toq is probably one of the lesser known smartwatches on the market … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[OFF-TOPIC + SANCTUARY] Desire S Users Hangout Lounge

OP olyloh6696

7th January 2013, 11:23 PM   |  #1  
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Manchester
Thanks Meter: 1,548

7,619 posts
More
Following the recent decision from XDA Moderators to remove OT threads in device forums, they have now been closed.

I have found we can continue discussion here as long as the thread is in the OT forum.

I am creating a OT lounge for fellow DS members to carry on.

Here we go.

EDIT: Since Ben's sanctuary thread has gone too, we have decided to combine them to one thread, instead of creating another thread.

EDIT1: Our BBM group

Last edited by olyloh6696; 24th October 2013 at 09:18 PM.
7th January 2013, 11:24 PM   |  #2  
Flag Nowhere
Thanks Meter: 960

10,042 posts
The off-topic threads have been closed?
That means I need to launch my attack now!
7th January 2013, 11:30 PM   |  #3  
Flag Manchester

7,619 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urahara

The off-topic threads have been closed?
That means I need to launch my attack now!

Correct. In all device sub forums the have been closed, however we have been given permission to open them here. I fell disappointed by this decision too.

Sent from my Desire S using Tapatalk 2
7th January 2013, 11:31 PM   |  #4  
Flag Nowhere
Thanks Meter: 960

10,042 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by olyloh6696

Correct. In all device sub forums the have been closed, however we have been given permission to open them here. I fell disappointed by this decision too.

Hasn't been closed over @ kindle fire yet. Why this decision?
7th January 2013, 11:34 PM   |  #5  
Flag Brooklyn
Thanks Meter: 1,141

5,717 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Following the recent decision from XDA Moderators to remove OT threads in device forums, they have now been closed.

I have found we can continue discussion here as long as the Real OTers allow us.

I am creating a OT lounge for fellow DS members to carry on.

Here we go.

FTFY
7th January 2013, 11:35 PM   |  #6  
Flag Manchester

7,619 posts
More
I don't know
Mos major device ones have though, like the N4, One X etc.

7th January 2013, 11:38 PM   |  #7  
Flag Bristol
Thanks Meter: 1,559

4,020 posts
More
Quote:

I couldn't agree with you more Oly. I have posted my feelings in both the DS OT threads and hope that they are read by our moderators, even if nothing changes.

This is the worst thing I have known XDA to do yet. The moderators constantly refuse to do anything about the newbies who refuse point-blank to bother searching and then get all upset and aggravated when you tell them to do so, yet they decide to close threads which serve a very useful and valuable purpose on XDA. Putting device-specific threads in the general OT forum just means more chaos - if every device has an OT thread here and they are used regularly then the other OT threads will get hidden 8 pages down the list.

I cannot see a single valid justification for this decision and have just about lost all the respect I once had for the forum moderators.
7th January 2013, 11:42 PM   |  #8  
Flag Manchester

7,619 posts
More
Your logic is spot on. I'm very disappointed in XDA's decision. There really was no need.

I completely see where you are coming from, the OT forum will now have so many device sub threads everywhere, so other OT threads will be buried... Regular OT members will also be affected by this, with all those extra threads.

Can't express my disappointment enough...

I'm sure a few DS people won't come along, the ones who've already left (enigmaamit etc)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
7th January 2013, 11:42 PM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 1,983

13,212 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonTS

I couldn't agree with you more Oly. I have posted my feelings in both the DS OT threads and hope that they are read by our moderators, even if nothing changes.

This is the worst thing I have known XDA to do yet. The moderators constantly refuse to do anything about the newbies who refuse point-blank to bother searching and then get all upset and aggravated when you tell them to do so, yet they decide to close threads which serve a very useful and valuable purpose on XDA. Putting device-specific threads in the general OT forum just means more chaos - if every device has an OT thread here and they are used regularly then the other OT threads will get hidden 8 pages down the list.

I cannot see a single valid justification for this decision and have just about lost all the respect I once had for the forum moderators.

Ok this is the first real time that i have missed the thanks button in ot

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left.
—Oscar Levant
7th January 2013, 11:44 PM   |  #10  
Flag Manchester

7,619 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jugg1es

Ok this is the first real time that i have missed the thanks button in ot

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left.
—Oscar Levant

Same?! Where has it gone?!

You mean there's no thanks button in OT?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread