Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,851 Members 47,598 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Terrible battery performance

Tip us?

JJT211
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Since you're coming from a flip phone. One thing you need to get used to is poor battery life on smartphones. Lasting a full day or more on a smartphone is generally pretty good.

They are all pretty crappy with the exception of a Razr Maxx and Maxx HD.

Waffles492
Old
Thanks Meter 0
thanks man

Calvinx1
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Battery Full Good battery life!

I have the xt925 no maxx and the first day I was scared about how fast the juice was going! but I did some things and now Im pretty happy with it!

First I turned off the 4G, I use movil data just to text with two programs so I almost dont need 4G speed

brightness set to auto

freeze or delete bloatware, here in Mexico Telcel adds a lot of **** to the phones!

I use trebuchet launcher so no circle widget, no widgets in fact, fc with every widget but u can use holo launcher hd it work well and can use widgets (no circle widget)

Wi fi on, now there are wifi almost everywere so I let it on (use any program to predict default passwords)

And believe me! the batt last enought!! I use the screen indoors mainly but alot of messaging and web browsing, some gamming and trying apps and Im in second day (suspended 6 hrs when I slept) and there are a lot of juice, meaby I finish the second day lets see.

Hope it helps you guys.

Liandros
Old
Thanks Meter 0
No problems with my battery life most of the time! Razr HD(not MAXX) with Rogers

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-01-13-17-22-29.jpg
Views:	567
Size:	26.3 KB
ID:	1642549

steve221
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
So i played around with my settings and have gotten my battery to last a lot longer now. My data and wifi disable whenever i lock my screen and it auto-syncs my emails and facebook every 2 hours. I turned off my LTE and only use HSPA+, since i only use it for browsing and streaming radio (the extra 2 seconds it takes to load a page isn't a problem to me). In the morning i listen to the edge, and when the DBS is over i listen to music on my phone. So far i've managed to get about 4-5 hours of screen on time. So in total i listen to 2 hours of internet radio in the morning and 2 hours of music on the way home, and in between my day i get 4-5 hours of screen time. I didn't think of taking a screen shot at the time but i will post some later.

Motorolalover
Old
Thanks Meter 6
I charged my phone around 10 hours ago. Mobile Data is Off, Wi-fi Off the battery is still 100%. I am amazed with the results. I was expecting it go down atleast 2-3% even when it was sitting idle. I wonder how much battery LTE consumes. Will be testing it soon.

icenight89
Old
Thanks Meter 718

DONATE TO ME
Default Re: Terrible battery performance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorolalover View Post
I charged my phone around 10 hours ago. Mobile Data is Off, Wi-fi Off the battery is still 100%. I am amazed with the results. I was expecting it go down atleast 2-3% even when it was sitting idle. I wonder how much battery LTE consumes. Will be testing it soon.
A lot, with WiFi and data off your phone switches to 2G, which we all know takes up almost nooo battery. As for LTE, there's a reason its still voice only and your phone swaps down to h+ or 3g on a call

Zodwraith
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Default Re: Terrible battery performance

I remember going through the forums trying to squeeze that extra 1/2 hour out of my og RAZR. Turning off this and that and shading my screen so i could read it at min brightness. This is exactly why i dropped the extra bill for the Maxx this go round. $100 is a small price to not have to care about your battery ever again.

Its not that Moto is doing it right so much as everyone else is doing it wrong. Any phone that gives less than 8 hours of heavy usage should be black balled to tell manufacturers we want realistic up time. The HD's life should be the minimum. Anything less is a toy, not a tool.

Sent from my Motorola DROID RAZR HD MAXX SUPER HYPER TURBO MEGA DELUXE ALPHA EDITION.

XRCIST
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by alcaloide_ View Post
I have tried Telstra Jellybean and it was not as good.
I am on Telstra's Jellybean 4.1.2 and my battery life is nothing short of exceptional compared to my friends smart phones..!!

Cheers

grant2
Old
Thanks Meter 67
Battery life on Razr will vary quite extremely depending on your usage pattern.

If you keep the phone on standby, it could definitely last 10 or 15 days. But once you start using screentime, i think it will last something like 8 hours.

MAXX is a nice bump. 2530mAh -> 3300mAh, that's 30% extra juice, but ultimately that's still only about 2.5 hours more screen time.