Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,779,953 Members 36,669 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

★★ CleanROM Inheritance 3.x |CROMI-X UPDATE SOON| OC Kernel | OFFICIAL HELP THREAD ★★

Tip us?

synaptic13
Old
Thanks Meter 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbdags View Post
Official Asus stock value is 160! But the official Asus kernel doesn't allow 160 and boots to 240 so who knows what the play store sees. My rom uses a multi dpi hack play store so doubt changhing dpinwill fix anything. 213 is not the default for sure. It is the default on the nexus 7.

If you search for wild blood it is not found in the play store list. What ROM were you on when you purchased them? Do you not keep tibu backups?
Hmm weird.. So guess it's probably a no go then... Honestly I'm not sure which device I purchased them on lol... I have several

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2

lartomar2002
Old
Thanks Meter 99
Quote:
Official Asus stock value is 160! But the official Asus kernel doesn't allow 160 and boots to 240 so who knows what the play store sees. My rom uses a multi dpi hack play store so doubt changhing dpinwill fix anything. 213 is not the default for sure. It is the default on the nexus 7.

If you search for wild blood it is not found in the play store list. What ROM were you on when you purchased them? Do you not keep tibu backups?
Could we using an app like build.prop or system tuner pro to change the dpi from 213 to 160 so as to download some games and then use them to change the dpi back to 213?
Asus Transformer Infinity TF700T-CROMBi-kk 4.4.2
Nexus 7 2nd gen 32gb
Ouya (rooted)
http://www.xbmchub.com/forums/forum.php
Nothing left in my right brain, nothing right in my left brain

sbdags
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 12,745

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by lartomar2002 View Post
Could we using an app like build.prop or system tuner pro to change the dpi from 213 to 160 so as to download some games and then use them to change the dpi back to 213?
No harm in trying. You can use es file explorer to edit build.prop using its inbuilt note editor.

I still don't think it will work. But prove me wrong please!

Thats OK
Old
Thanks Meter 277
ADB Tool Belt by QuantumCipher
Found this while searching for easier ways to ROM flash.
Maybe we can get this added to the tool list if it works correctly.

sbdags
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 12,745

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thats OK View Post
ADB Tool Belt by QuantumCipher
Found this while searching for easier ways to ROM flash.
Maybe we can get this added to the tool list if it works correctly.
Looks very interesting and makes adb usable for most!

_that
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2,385
Quote:
Looks very interesting and makes adb usable for most!
I see no point in a GUI for adb - replacing simple command lines with complicated dialogs.

IMHO anyone who cannot operate a basic command line interface should stay far away from rooted Android devices.

sbdags
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 12,745

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by _that View Post
I see no point in a GUI for adb - replacing simple command lines with complicated dialogs.

IMHO anyone who cannot operate a basic command line interface should stay far away from rooted Android devices.
Not for more expert users like us. But for beginners its the only way for some to get a foot in the door. Surely you can see that?

Command line prompts are not accessible to most. They are deemed old fashioned, cludgy and archaic. If you can do the same thing by hitting a button why not?

_that
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2,385
Quote:
Command line prompts are not accessible to most. They are deemed old fashioned, cludgy and archaic.
Call it "chatting with the computer", doesn't that sound very modern and much more fun than silently pointing to things with the mouse?

Quote:
But for beginners its the only way for some to get a foot in the door. Surely you can see that?
When I was a beginner, I had to learn how the command line works - simply because there was no GUI. Today, the barrier for using computers is much lower, which is generally good. But for people who don't even want to learn basics about using a command line interface, there is another popular mobile OS much more suitable for them; they should not try to root Android devices and install custom ROMs. Just my opinion.

Hiding the (minimal) complexity of adb behind another layer of more complexity in a GUI only makes the whole system more complex, and if something does not work as intended, makes finding the problem even harder. I saw that already with the batch files to automate fastboot, and most people having trouble with adb on Windows seem to have driver problems, which are not solved at all by a GUI.

Anyway, feel free to disagree with me. I don't have to support that thing anyway.

Thibor69
Old
(Last edited by Thibor69; 9th January 2013 at 04:56 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 170

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by synaptic
Hmm.. weird.. So guess it's probably a no go then... Honestly I'm not sure which device I purchased them on lol... I have several

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2

Sorry i got here late. I AM a huge gamer. Most games i get by (other) means not play store Wild Blood does not work on our device. If you go to playstore you would see this:

Asus ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T
This item is not compatible with your device.

Some great ones that do work in that genera are:

9th Dawn
Chaos Rings
Finall Fantasy III
Dragon Slayer
Spectral Souls
The Bards Tale
Avadon
And many others...

Thibor69

TRANSFORMER INFiNiTY CROMBi--KK [CM11][KK] 4.4.4
SAMSUNG GALAXY TAB 3 10.1" PiMP DROiD [JB] 4.2.2
GALAXY S4 TMOBILE M919 GNF1 SiCKNESS ROM V.1 . [JB] 4.4.2

The Following User Says Thank You to Thibor69 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sbdags
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 12,745

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by _that View Post
Call it "chatting with the computer", doesn't that sound very modern and much more fun than silently pointing to things with the mouse?

When I was a beginner, I had to learn how the command line works - simply because there was no GUI. Today, the barrier for using computers is much lower, which is generally good. But for people who don't even want to learn basics about using a command line interface, there is another popular mobile OS much more suitable for them; they should not try to root Android devices and install custom ROMs. Just my opinion.

Hiding the (minimal) complexity of adb behind another layer of more complexity in a GUI only makes the whole system more complex, and if something does not work as intended, makes finding the problem even harder. I saw that already with the batch files to automate fastboot, and most people having trouble with adb on Windows seem to have driver problems, which are not solved at all by a GUI.

Anyway, feel free to disagree with me. I don't have to support that thing anyway.
No I agree with you 100% People are lazy, they don't want to have to learn, remember and type long syntax strings out to do stuff. So I'm all for tools that allows them to do it safely without having to struggle. Although I get your point that the only way to learn is to do and once you do it's not that difficult.

Tags
clean rom, cleanrom, cromi, guide