Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,615 Members 46,647 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

SGH-T999 Galaxy S III Resource Bible

Tip us?

Christopher4tw
Old
Thanks Meter 23

DONATE TO ME
Hittin' that thanks button. This is a really helpful compilation of our phone's ROMs. Please update this one occasionally! I would love for this to become the hub for GS3 ROMs.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda app-developers app
Current Device:
GS3 SGH-T999 (T-Mobile)
Android Version: 4.1.1
ROM: CyanogenMod 11 (4.4.2) d2mo (UEMJC) Christmas Nightly
Kernel: 3.4.74 CM 11

Developing For:
LG P500 and P509
Version: Android 2.2.2
ROM: OptimusC (Mine)
Kernel: Franco
The Following User Says Thank You to Christopher4tw For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

nomadrider123
Old
Thanks Meter 129
Mods please sticky this great thread
>>>> If I or anyone else has helped you take the time to hit the thank you button <<<<
The Following User Says Thank You to nomadrider123 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mt3g
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3120

DONATE TO ME
I already updated today's changes with DjIntrigue re-release party and PureMotive's new release with Multi-Window. I'll do my best with updating and adding some goodies.

T-Mobile SGS III
**HTC Uno Crew**
***Former RC Crew***

Christopher4tw
Old
Thanks Meter 23

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by mt3g View Post
I already updated today's changes with DjIntrigue re-release party and PureMotive's new release with Multi-Window. I'll do my best with updating and adding some goodies.

T-Mobile SGS III
That's great to hear, I hope this gets stickied too. Glad to see this thread. Thanks again.

Current Device:
GS3 SGH-T999 (T-Mobile)
Android Version: 4.1.1
ROM: CyanogenMod 11 (4.4.2) d2mo (UEMJC) Christmas Nightly
Kernel: 3.4.74 CM 11

Developing For:
LG P500 and P509
Version: Android 2.2.2
ROM: OptimusC (Mine)
Kernel: Franco
The Following User Says Thank You to Christopher4tw For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mgbotoe
Old
Thanks Meter 1486

DONATE TO ME
this was very helpful. I'm used to the whole android/rooting/rom flashing lifestyle. When i found this forum i thought wicked was the only good thing because i was scared of the other roms. This was VERY helpful in curing that fear

mt3g
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3120

DONATE TO ME
Thanks, there are still how to root guides and get to know your device type threads that are stickied. Glad you found this useful though!

T-Mobile SGS III
**HTC Uno Crew**
***Former RC Crew***

MegaMan X
Old
Thanks Meter 33
for the first page, I found out something that would be interesting for owners of the T999v model specifically.

Even though the T999 & T999v are supposed to be identically the same, it turns out they are very different. I found out via the hard way that the T999v can not accept any T999 radios, as you will get an unknown baseband, IMEI, and IMEI SV afterwards if you flash a T999 radio. Flashing any T999v ICS radio back to the T999v will restore the baseband, IMEI, and IMEI SV.

As such, I was trying to get a T999v Jelly Bean radio to go with a CM10.1 rom. I was able to rip the T999v Jelly Bean radio from a KIES source:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2099315

I was also able to find out two things:

1.) If you flash the entire Wind T999v image (meaning the stock Jelly Bean image from KIES), it will update your radio and rom to Jelly Bean. Afterwards, if you were to install a custom recovery, and flash CM10.1 (I tried Nightlies from Jan 11 - Jan 14), CM10.1 will not recognize the radio and will think it is a CDMA phone. In the phone status, IMEI & IMEI SV status are no longer there, replaced with a unknown MEID & PRL status.

2.) If you flash just the radio in any non-AOSP rom, it will work fine. If you flash the radio on any AOSP-based rom, you will get the MEID/PRL problem mentioned in 1.

In conclusion, I think all the developers developing AOSP-based rom needs to work out the kinks regarding this radio specifically. The solution is instantly rectified when flashing any of the T999v ICS radio. So it has to be the ROM and not the Radio that's causing the MEID/PRL error.

mt3g
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3120

DONATE TO ME
That is great that you put that all out there, but... there is a thread here for all things involving t999v http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1775616 I don't have it and usually read right over anything to do with it in every thread I search, and/or read through. I think there are more threads pertaining to T999V model also.
**HTC Uno Crew**
***Former RC Crew***

Woody
Old
Moderator & RC/RT Committees - Particle Physics Gives me a Hadron
Thanks Meter 8628
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsy214 View Post
Very very good. All we need is a mod to make this thread sticky.
Quote:
Originally Posted by daxecutioner24 View Post
<Snip>...Would love the kernel section and this need to be sticky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody View Post
Once it gets "reasonably" finished, we will definitely consider it. I put reasonably in quotes because it will never BE finished as ROMs get updated constantly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadrider123 View Post
Mods please sticky this great thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher4tw View Post
That's great to hear, I hope this gets stickied too. Glad to see this thread. Thanks again.

Yes we heard you and agree that this should be stuck.

Now it is for everyone to send new Users to this thread and that way we will hopefully curtail all the "Best ROM" threads.
<a href=http://www.whiskey103.nl/x/sigs/Woody6_15fps.gif target=_blank rel=nofollow >http://www.whiskey103.nl/x/sigs/Woody6_15fps.gif</a>
ZFFZ

I GPL I

"The work of men of genius, however wrongly directed, hardly ever fails to open the eyes of men to new possibilities."
- Dr. Victor Frankenstein (Mary Shelley)
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Woody For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

DigitalUnderground
Old
Thanks Meter 2255
Maybe add recoveries as well? Cwm, cwm touch, and twrp

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2