No registration required

SGH-T999 Galaxy S III Resource Bible

OP mt3g

10th January 2013, 12:33 AM   |  #21  
Thanks Meter: 23

60 posts
Donate to Me
More
Hittin' that thanks button. This is a really helpful compilation of our phone's ROMs. Please update this one occasionally! I would love for this to become the hub for GS3 ROMs.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to Christopher4tw For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th January 2013, 04:02 AM   |  #22  
Flag MN
Thanks Meter: 129

989 posts
More
Thumbs up
Mods please sticky this great thread
The Following User Says Thank You to nomadrider123 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th January 2013, 04:32 AM   |  #23  
OP Senior Member
Flag Phoenix
Thanks Meter: 3,130

6,932 posts
Donate to Me
More
I already updated today's changes with DjIntrigue re-release party and PureMotive's new release with Multi-Window. I'll do my best with updating and adding some goodies.

T-Mobile SGS III
10th January 2013, 04:57 AM   |  #24  
Thanks Meter: 23

60 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mt3g

I already updated today's changes with DjIntrigue re-release party and PureMotive's new release with Multi-Window. I'll do my best with updating and adding some goodies.

T-Mobile SGS III

That's great to hear, I hope this gets stickied too. Glad to see this thread. Thanks again.

The Following User Says Thank You to Christopher4tw For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th January 2013, 08:33 PM   |  #25  
Flag Berkeley
Thanks Meter: 1,887

2,393 posts
Donate to Me
More
this was very helpful. I'm used to the whole android/rooting/rom flashing lifestyle. When i found this forum i thought wicked was the only good thing because i was scared of the other roms. This was VERY helpful in curing that fear
15th January 2013, 09:13 PM   |  #26  
OP Senior Member
Flag Phoenix

6,932 posts
Donate to Me
More
Thanks, there are still how to root guides and get to know your device type threads that are stickied. Glad you found this useful though!

T-Mobile SGS III
16th January 2013, 08:09 PM   |  #27  
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 36

84 posts
for the first page, I found out something that would be interesting for owners of the T999v model specifically.

Even though the T999 & T999v are supposed to be identically the same, it turns out they are very different. I found out via the hard way that the T999v can not accept any T999 radios, as you will get an unknown baseband, IMEI, and IMEI SV afterwards if you flash a T999 radio. Flashing any T999v ICS radio back to the T999v will restore the baseband, IMEI, and IMEI SV.

As such, I was trying to get a T999v Jelly Bean radio to go with a CM10.1 rom. I was able to rip the T999v Jelly Bean radio from a KIES source:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2099315

I was also able to find out two things:

1.) If you flash the entire Wind T999v image (meaning the stock Jelly Bean image from KIES), it will update your radio and rom to Jelly Bean. Afterwards, if you were to install a custom recovery, and flash CM10.1 (I tried Nightlies from Jan 11 - Jan 14), CM10.1 will not recognize the radio and will think it is a CDMA phone. In the phone status, IMEI & IMEI SV status are no longer there, replaced with a unknown MEID & PRL status.

2.) If you flash just the radio in any non-AOSP rom, it will work fine. If you flash the radio on any AOSP-based rom, you will get the MEID/PRL problem mentioned in 1.

In conclusion, I think all the developers developing AOSP-based rom needs to work out the kinks regarding this radio specifically. The solution is instantly rectified when flashing any of the T999v ICS radio. So it has to be the ROM and not the Radio that's causing the MEID/PRL error.
16th January 2013, 09:04 PM   |  #28  
OP Senior Member
Flag Phoenix

6,932 posts
Donate to Me
More
That is great that you put that all out there, but... there is a thread here for all things involving t999v http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1775616 I don't have it and usually read right over anything to do with it in every thread I search, and/or read through. I think there are more threads pertaining to T999V model also.
16th January 2013, 09:20 PM   |  #29  
Moderator & RC/RT Committees - Particle Physics Gives me a Hadron
Flag Immersed in Dark Matter
Thanks Meter: 9,843

6,992 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsy214

Very very good. All we need is a mod to make this thread sticky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daxecutioner24

<Snip>...Would love the kernel section and this need to be sticky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody

Once it gets "reasonably" finished, we will definitely consider it. I put reasonably in quotes because it will never BE finished as ROMs get updated constantly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadrider123

Mods please sticky this great thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher4tw

That's great to hear, I hope this gets stickied too. Glad to see this thread. Thanks again.

Yes we heard you and agree that this should be stuck.

Now it is for everyone to send new Users to this thread and that way we will hopefully curtail all the "Best ROM" threads.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Woody For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th January 2013, 05:13 PM   |  #30  
Flag St. Paul, MN
Thanks Meter: 2,426

3,654 posts
More
Maybe add recoveries as well? Cwm, cwm touch, and twrp

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread