Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Thread Closed

[ROM] KillaJoule v0.9 |UVLAK8| 23 Toggles | Wifi Tether | Mooar Bacon ! |01.16.13|

OP KillaHurtz

15th February 2013, 03:52 AM   |  #291  
Thanks Meter: 45

124 posts
Donate to Me
More
Smile
so this might be a stupid question but is the native wifi tethering cracked on thsi rom or can tmobile still pick up on me using it because i cant get any third party rooted apps to tether anything
19th February 2013, 05:03 PM   |  #292  
Flag Norwood
Thanks Meter: 116

678 posts
Donate to Me
More
Question
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolkid893

so this might be a stupid question but is the native wifi tethering cracked on thsi rom or can tmobile still pick up on me using it because i cant get any third party rooted apps to tether anything

My understanding is that if TMO can pickup on you using tethering then you will get the upsel page. If they dont pickup (or cant) then you dont get upsel page. I rarly have to use the tethering feature but sometimes i do so im glad its here. TMO is already charging me for an unlimitted plan, I should be able to use that "unlimitted" data anyway I want.

---------- Post added at 11:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:52 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillaHurtz

The next update will be when the next ota comes out. So soon guys !

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda premium

Hi KillaHurtz.

Based on the releases:
::T889UVALL4:: (01/16/2013)

::T889UVALK8:: (12/19/2012)

::T889UVALJ1:: (11/02/2012)

So this ROM is based on the 12/19 firmware.

Are you working on one with the UVALL4 or waiting for the next update? Not asking for an ETA cause thats a nono...Just wondering cause I do enjoy your rom (its also the only one that I can get allshare cast with triangle away to work on) so was just wondering what your plans are.
20th February 2013, 04:28 PM   |  #293  
OP Senior Member
Flag Albuquerque
Thanks Meter: 739

2,435 posts
More
Re: [ROM] KillaJoule v0.9 |UVLAK8| 23 Toggles | Wifi Tether | Mooar Bacon ! |01.16.13
I have already stated I will work on the next ota which will unlock the LTE features. Should be coming in the next few weeks. The UVALL4 update brought nothing new in terms of functionality so I saw no need to update til we hit an incremental number @ 4.1.2

As far as the thethering goes T-Mobile can do nothing about it as the string has been changed as to where (IP address) that it uses to connect. It is setup to where the data usage is indescernable from regular data usage on the phone. The only thing you might need to change is the user agent in a browser. I have used literally it for all 5gb when I tested it.

Last edited by KillaHurtz; 20th February 2013 at 04:33 PM.
20th February 2013, 04:47 PM   |  #294  
Flag Norwood

678 posts
Donate to Me
More
Re: [ROM] KillaJoule v0.9 |UVLAK8| 23 Toggles | Wifi Tether | Mooar Bacon ! |01.16.13
Quote:

I have already stated I will work on the next ota which will unlock the LTE features. Should be coming in the next few weeks. The UVALL4 update brought nothing new in terms of functionality so I saw no need to update til we hit an incremental number @ 4.1.2

As far as the thethering goes T-Mobile can do nothing about it as the string has been changed as to where (IP address) that it uses to connect. It is setup to where the data usage is indescernable from regular data usage on the phone. The only thing you might need to change is the user agent in a browser. I have used literally it for all 5gb when I tested it.

I tried to check previous posts to see if you were working on uvall4 or not but didn't find a post about that. Sorry. Just checking up. I didn't mean to be rude. I agree that the latest update didn't do much.. The multi Window was a big one.. After that not so much.. I also can't figure out why your rom is the only one I can get the all share cast dongle to work.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda app-developers app
21st February 2013, 01:24 PM   |  #295  
OP Senior Member
Flag Albuquerque

2,435 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by harpocrates

I tried to check previous posts to see if you were working on uvall4 or not but didn't find a post about that. Sorry. Just checking up. I didn't mean to be rude. I agree that the latest update didn't do much.. The multi Window was a big one.. After that not so much.. I also can't figure out why your rom is the only one I can get the all share cast dongle to work.

Sorry, I don't think you were being rude. So are saying the dongle does work or does not work ? I did slim down the rom some so it may be missing an APK that's required or something. I am happy with the ROM the way it stands right now, and have asked for what users want to see in the next revision, but it seems nobody is using it, or they don't care to improve the experience :/
25th February 2013, 02:25 PM   |  #296  
Flag Norwood

678 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Sorry, I don't think you were being rude. So are saying the dongle does work or does not work ? I did slim down the rom some so it may be missing an APK that's required or something. I am happy with the ROM the way it stands right now, and have asked for what users want to see in the next revision, but it seems nobody is using it, or they don't care to improve the experience :/

The dongle does work.. I think i have to flash stock Kernel for it to work and use triangle away(is been a while so if have to check) . It's a weird issue. I've had trouble getting it to work with other roms. Especially the latest Jedi Master roms even when i would flash a stock Kernel on top.

I can really think of anything more i would want.. This rom works great, battery life is great and i love the boot up screen most of all. Oh.. The one thing I've noticed is the sound is not as loud on this rom as others. Maybe if anything can be done there? It had awesome beats on stock and that worked well.. Other than that i wouldnt need anything changed. The stock tethering is awesome to.. I rarely use it but i hate not being allowed to use it when i want... Especially when I'm paying for unlimited data. Even the wifi calling works better on this than stock.. Not sure why but it does..

If i think of anything for this rom I'll let you know. I know asking for eta is the most frustrating topic but i just wanted to know what the status is on this rom. Especially since its at version 0.9 so i was wondering if you were working on a rev 1.it might as well be but the name makes it sound like beta

26th February 2013, 02:47 AM   |  #297  
OP Senior Member
Flag Albuquerque

2,435 posts
More
Sound can be adjusted in the stweaks app, along with CPU/GPU speeds.
27th February 2013, 12:58 AM   |  #298  
Flag Norwood

678 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Sound can be adjusted in the stweaks app, along with CPU/GPU speeds.

I checked that a while ago. Unfortunately since i had to flash stock Kernel to get all share cast working there is no kernel support

27th February 2013, 01:20 AM   |  #299  
OP Senior Member
Flag Albuquerque

2,435 posts
More
Try volume+, or louder volume hack from the market.
27th February 2013, 01:42 AM   |  #300  
Flag Clarksville, TN
Thanks Meter: 19

87 posts
More
This works on most ROMs I've tried..
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1931970

The Following User Says Thank You to inkd86 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread

Tags
arch energy, bacon, speed, winning
Previous Thread Next Thread