Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,901 Members 54,287 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM] KillaJoule v0.9 |UVLAK8| 23 Toggles | Wifi Tether | Mooar Bacon ! |01.16.13|

Tip us?
 
coolkid893
Old
#291  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 45
Posts: 121
Join Date: Apr 2010

 
DONATE TO ME
so this might be a stupid question but is the native wifi tethering cracked on thsi rom or can tmobile still pick up on me using it because i cant get any third party rooted apps to tether anything
 
harpocrates
Old
#292  
harpocrates's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 115
Posts: 671
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Norwood

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolkid893 View Post
so this might be a stupid question but is the native wifi tethering cracked on thsi rom or can tmobile still pick up on me using it because i cant get any third party rooted apps to tether anything
My understanding is that if TMO can pickup on you using tethering then you will get the upsel page. If they dont pickup (or cant) then you dont get upsel page. I rarly have to use the tethering feature but sometimes i do so im glad its here. TMO is already charging me for an unlimitted plan, I should be able to use that "unlimitted" data anyway I want.

---------- Post added at 11:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:52 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillaHurtz View Post
The next update will be when the next ota comes out. So soon guys !

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda premium
Hi KillaHurtz.

Based on the releases:
::T889UVALL4:: (01/16/2013)

::T889UVALK8:: (12/19/2012)

::T889UVALJ1:: (11/02/2012)

So this ROM is based on the 12/19 firmware.

Are you working on one with the UVALL4 or waiting for the next update? Not asking for an ETA cause thats a nono...Just wondering cause I do enjoy your rom (its also the only one that I can get allshare cast with triangle away to work on) so was just wondering what your plans are.
Never Argue with an idiot...they will drag you to their level and beat you with experience!!!

Phone: Note 3
Carrier: T-Mobile
Rom: Stock.... for now
Storage: 32gb int+32gb etx.


Progress is made by lazy men trying to find easier ways to do something."
"Robert Heinlein"


 
KillaHurtz
Old
(Last edited by KillaHurtz; 20th February 2013 at 03:33 PM.)
#293  
KillaHurtz's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 731
Posts: 2,426
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Albuquerque
Default Re: [ROM] KillaJoule v0.9 |UVLAK8| 23 Toggles | Wifi Tether | Mooar Bacon ! |01.16.13

I have already stated I will work on the next ota which will unlock the LTE features. Should be coming in the next few weeks. The UVALL4 update brought nothing new in terms of functionality so I saw no need to update til we hit an incremental number @ 4.1.2

As far as the thethering goes T-Mobile can do nothing about it as the string has been changed as to where (IP address) that it uses to connect. It is setup to where the data usage is indescernable from regular data usage on the phone. The only thing you might need to change is the user agent in a browser. I have used literally it for all 5gb when I tested it.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda premium

Device: Nexus 5 32gb "HammerHead"
ROM : Stock 4.4.2

www.soundcloud.com/lakrymist
If you find my post helpful hit the "Thanks" button
 
harpocrates
Old
#294  
harpocrates's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 115
Posts: 671
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Norwood

 
DONATE TO ME
Default Re: [ROM] KillaJoule v0.9 |UVLAK8| 23 Toggles | Wifi Tether | Mooar Bacon ! |01.16.13

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillaHurtz View Post
I have already stated I will work on the next ota which will unlock the LTE features. Should be coming in the next few weeks. The UVALL4 update brought nothing new in terms of functionality so I saw no need to update til we hit an incremental number @ 4.1.2

As far as the thethering goes T-Mobile can do nothing about it as the string has been changed as to where (IP address) that it uses to connect. It is setup to where the data usage is indescernable from regular data usage on the phone. The only thing you might need to change is the user agent in a browser. I have used literally it for all 5gb when I tested it.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda premium
I tried to check previous posts to see if you were working on uvall4 or not but didn't find a post about that. Sorry. Just checking up. I didn't mean to be rude. I agree that the latest update didn't do much.. The multi Window was a big one.. After that not so much.. I also can't figure out why your rom is the only one I can get the all share cast dongle to work.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda app-developers app
Never Argue with an idiot...they will drag you to their level and beat you with experience!!!

Phone: Note 3
Carrier: T-Mobile
Rom: Stock.... for now
Storage: 32gb int+32gb etx.


Progress is made by lazy men trying to find easier ways to do something."
"Robert Heinlein"


 
KillaHurtz
Old
#295  
KillaHurtz's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 731
Posts: 2,426
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Albuquerque
Quote:
Originally Posted by harpocrates View Post
I tried to check previous posts to see if you were working on uvall4 or not but didn't find a post about that. Sorry. Just checking up. I didn't mean to be rude. I agree that the latest update didn't do much.. The multi Window was a big one.. After that not so much.. I also can't figure out why your rom is the only one I can get the all share cast dongle to work.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda app-developers app
Sorry, I don't think you were being rude. So are saying the dongle does work or does not work ? I did slim down the rom some so it may be missing an APK that's required or something. I am happy with the ROM the way it stands right now, and have asked for what users want to see in the next revision, but it seems nobody is using it, or they don't care to improve the experience :/

Device: Nexus 5 32gb "HammerHead"
ROM : Stock 4.4.2

www.soundcloud.com/lakrymist
If you find my post helpful hit the "Thanks" button
 
harpocrates
Old
#296  
harpocrates's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 115
Posts: 671
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Norwood

 
DONATE TO ME
Default Re: [ROM] KillaJoule v0.9 |UVLAK8| 23 Toggles | Wifi Tether | Mooar Bacon ! |01.16.13

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillaHurtz View Post
Sorry, I don't think you were being rude. So are saying the dongle does work or does not work ? I did slim down the rom some so it may be missing an APK that's required or something. I am happy with the ROM the way it stands right now, and have asked for what users want to see in the next revision, but it seems nobody is using it, or they don't care to improve the experience :/
The dongle does work.. I think i have to flash stock Kernel for it to work and use triangle away(is been a while so if have to check) . It's a weird issue. I've had trouble getting it to work with other roms. Especially the latest Jedi Master roms even when i would flash a stock Kernel on top.

I can really think of anything more i would want.. This rom works great, battery life is great and i love the boot up screen most of all. Oh.. The one thing I've noticed is the sound is not as loud on this rom as others. Maybe if anything can be done there? It had awesome beats on stock and that worked well.. Other than that i wouldnt need anything changed. The stock tethering is awesome to.. I rarely use it but i hate not being allowed to use it when i want... Especially when I'm paying for unlimited data. Even the wifi calling works better on this than stock.. Not sure why but it does..

If i think of anything for this rom I'll let you know. I know asking for eta is the most frustrating topic but i just wanted to know what the status is on this rom. Especially since its at version 0.9 so i was wondering if you were working on a rev 1.it might as well be but the name makes it sound like beta

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda app-developers app
Never Argue with an idiot...they will drag you to their level and beat you with experience!!!

Phone: Note 3
Carrier: T-Mobile
Rom: Stock.... for now
Storage: 32gb int+32gb etx.


Progress is made by lazy men trying to find easier ways to do something."
"Robert Heinlein"


 
KillaHurtz
Old
#297  
KillaHurtz's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 731
Posts: 2,426
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Albuquerque
Sound can be adjusted in the stweaks app, along with CPU/GPU speeds.

Device: Nexus 5 32gb "HammerHead"
ROM : Stock 4.4.2

www.soundcloud.com/lakrymist
If you find my post helpful hit the "Thanks" button
 
harpocrates
Old
#298  
harpocrates's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 115
Posts: 671
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Norwood

 
DONATE TO ME
Default Re: [ROM] KillaJoule v0.9 |UVLAK8| 23 Toggles | Wifi Tether | Mooar Bacon ! |01.16.13

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillaHurtz View Post
Sound can be adjusted in the stweaks app, along with CPU/GPU speeds.
I checked that a while ago. Unfortunately since i had to flash stock Kernel to get all share cast working there is no kernel support

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda app-developers app
Never Argue with an idiot...they will drag you to their level and beat you with experience!!!

Phone: Note 3
Carrier: T-Mobile
Rom: Stock.... for now
Storage: 32gb int+32gb etx.


Progress is made by lazy men trying to find easier ways to do something."
"Robert Heinlein"


 
KillaHurtz
Old
#299  
KillaHurtz's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 731
Posts: 2,426
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Albuquerque
Try volume+, or louder volume hack from the market.

Device: Nexus 5 32gb "HammerHead"
ROM : Stock 4.4.2

www.soundcloud.com/lakrymist
If you find my post helpful hit the "Thanks" button
 
inkd86
Old
#300  
Member
Thanks Meter 17
Posts: 83
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: fort Campbell, KY
This works on most ROMs I've tried..
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1931970

The Following User Says Thank You to inkd86 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
arch energy, bacon, speed, winning
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes