Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,636 Members 52,718 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][AOSP][4.4.2][3G][KOT49H] SomethingExplosive - v2.0.4 - 01/11/14

Tip us?
 
something15525
Old
(Last edited by something15525; 12th January 2014 at 06:35 AM.)
#1  
something15525's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 830
Posts: 870
Join Date: Dec 2010

 
DONATE TO ME
Talking [ROM][AOSP][4.4.2][3G][KOT49H] SomethingExplosive - v2.0.4 - 01/11/14


Tilapia

This is AOSP built with root capabilities and added functionality. Fast and light!

Features
Here

Changelog
Here

Thanks to
dreamsforgotten
UBER
IT_Blackbelt
mwalt2
bigrushdog for the GAPPS
Mike Wielgosz and his Crossbones repositories, they really helped me get started on this.
Crossbones GitHub
CyanogenMod for the great code they contribute to this community.
CyanogenMod GitHub


Please, let me know what you think and report any problems! Thanks XDA!

Sources:
Google: Android 4.4.2_r1
SomethingExplosive: GitHub
Me: My GitHub
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SoMeX.png
Views:	14878
Size:	76.7 KB
ID:	1758752  
The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to something15525 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
something15525
Old
(Last edited by something15525; 12th January 2014 at 06:36 AM.)
#2  
something15525's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 830
Posts: 870
Join Date: Dec 2010

 
DONATE TO ME
Downloads

Flashing Instructions
Download ROM (links below)
Wipe data,cache,system
Flash ROM
Flash Gapps
Profit!


NOTE: If coming from a previous build, wipe cache and dirty flash!

Current Version (Updated 1/11/14)

Downloads

Google Apps (Updated 1/11/14)

Gapps
Download
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to something15525 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
KeLeM
Old
#3  
Member
Thanks Meter 15
Posts: 44
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Saint Petersburg
Great new rom for Tilapia.

On first post all links broken.


Отправлено с моего Nexus 7 через Tapatalk
 
something15525
Old
#4  
something15525's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 830
Posts: 870
Join Date: Dec 2010

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeLeM View Post
Great new rom for Tilapia.

On first post all links broken.


Отправлено с моего Nexus 7 через Tapatalk
Oops, my bad. They should be working now. Quick disclaimer, which I will put up in the OP. I don't have a Nexus 7 3G, so I was hoping you guys could test it out, let me know how it works. Tell me whats broken and I'll get to fixing it. Thanks for trying it out!
The Following User Says Thank You to something15525 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
KeLeM
Old
#5  
Member
Thanks Meter 15
Posts: 44
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Saint Petersburg
Some issues:
1. No APN, maybe for Russian only
2. Two EMail App (install Gapps BRD)
But ROM very clean and fast.

Отправлено с моего Nexus 7 через Tapatalk
 
something15525
Old
#6  
something15525's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 830
Posts: 870
Join Date: Dec 2010

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeLeM View Post
Some issues:
1. No APN, maybe for Russian only
2. Two EMail App (install Gapps BRD)
But ROM very clean and fast.

Отправлено с моего Nexus 7 через Tapatalk
Alright, when you say APN you mean no wireless tethering/access point?

And the two Email apps is my fault, I added the stock email apk into the ROM, i'm trying to get off of the BRD Gapps, although the only thing I have left to move over is the Gesture Keyboard.

If you flash the minimal gapps, it should only have one. Just no gesture keyboard at the moment.
 
KeLeM
Old
#7  
Member
Thanks Meter 15
Posts: 44
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Saint Petersburg
Quote:
Originally Posted by something15525 View Post
Alright, when you say APN you mean no wireless tethering/access point?

And the two Email apps is my fault, I added the stock email apk into the ROM, i'm trying to get off of the BRD Gapps, although the only thing I have left to move over is the Gesture Keyboard.

If you flash the minimal gapps, it should only have one. Just no gesture keyboard at the moment.
No APN - settings for 3G internet (access point to gsm network)


Отправлено с моего Nexus 7 через Tapatalk
 
something15525
Old
#8  
something15525's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 830
Posts: 870
Join Date: Dec 2010

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeLeM View Post
Some issues:
1. No APN, maybe for Russian only
2. Two EMail App (install Gapps BRD)
But ROM very clean and fast.

Отправлено с моего Nexus 7 через Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeLeM View Post
No APN - settings for 3G internet (access point to gsm network)


Отправлено с моего Nexus 7 через Tapatalk
Can you post me a screenshot of the issue? Or lack of feature? That would help me to troubleshoot the problem.

I also updated the BRD Gapps in the OP with a fix that should remove the duplicate Email app. Let me know how it works.
 
KeLeM
Old
(Last edited by KeLeM; 8th January 2013 at 09:51 AM.)
#9  
Member
Thanks Meter 15
Posts: 44
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Saint Petersburg
Quote:
Originally Posted by something15525 View Post
Can you post me a screenshot of the issue? Or lack of feature? That would help me to troubleshoot the problem.

I also updated the BRD Gapps in the OP with a fix that should remove the duplicate Email app. Let me know how it works.
It's no lack, I setup this manual, but in other ROM this settings setup automatic.


On second page must this for me, for other must settings for other operators



Отправлено с моего Nexus 7 через Tapatalk
 
something15525
Old
#10  
something15525's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 830
Posts: 870
Join Date: Dec 2010

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeLeM View Post
It's no lack, I setup this manual, but in other ROM this settings setup automatic.


On second page must this for me, for other must settings for other operators



Отправлено с моего Nexus 7 через Tapatalk
Awesome, this definitely helps. Which ROM is that in the bottom? Just curious. Thanks for the information.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes