Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,322 Members 50,556 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Message from Asus about Jelly Bean on TF101

Tip us?

ZxJesus
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy Message from Asus about Jelly Bean on TF101

Hi Jesus,

We have no plans at this time to release an official Jelly Bean update for the Eee Pad Transformer.

If you're comfortable with an unofficial, non supported update, you can try following along this thread and updating it to Jelly Bean:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2010903

Thanks,
-Rick @ASUS

CalvinH
Old
Thanks Meter 37
Nothing new, but I'd rather recommend EOS
Sent from my ASUS Eee Pad Transformer.
The Following User Says Thank You to CalvinH For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Lethe6
Old
Thanks Meter 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalvinH View Post
but I'd rather recommend EOS
+1

zmmmmm
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I'm kind of amazed they pointed to XDA (or that their customer support was even aware of it). I guess I have to give them some respect for acknowledging that if nothing else. But I wish they would stop with the messing around and just say "never" if they are not going to do it. As long as they keep up with the "at this time" stuff it just holds back all of those of us who are reluctant to move from stock from getting on with it.

just lou
Old
Thanks Meter 581
Don't tell me you guys actually think this is real, and ASUS is sending people to XDA to download JB ROMS. lol

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to just lou For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

BigRed6
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
What are your main reasons? I've been trying the RaymanFX and EOS 4, and they seem very similar (although with EOS 4 in some forms, the keyboard closes.

Thanks.

Brand New
Old
Thanks Meter 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRed6 View Post
What are your main reasons? I've been trying the RaymanFX and EOS 4, and they seem very similar (although with EOS 4 in some forms, the keyboard closes.

Thanks.
The latest EOS3 build is wonderfully stable, and you're not forced to use phablet UI
Samsung SGH i637-->iPhone 3g-->HTC Vivid-->Samsung GS3 i747-->Moto G

Lethe6
Old
Thanks Meter 88
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks.
I've tried most of them and EOS4 is the only one that's stable enough for me to use, and it works very well. With others (including rayman's) I have random reboots, freezes, lag, etc. I suspect performance/stability issues might have something to do with the exact model you own.

CalvinH
Old
Thanks Meter 37
Quote:

Thanks.
I just think EOS is kept more up to date than Rayman's. Rayman publishes several ROM and sometimes he will left some of them without further update. Besides almost every Rayman ROM I have tried suffers from Wifi weak signal.

Anyway all of this is just based on my TF and personal feeling. You should try and pick the best one for you / your HW.

I also prefer EOS3 to EOS4. JB 4.2.1 (not EOS4, any JB 4.2.1 implementation) has some app incompatibility (not available on Play Store) that I don't like. And I find JB 4.1 snappier than 4.2.1. I have to oc my TF on 4.2.1 to get the same performance I get in 4.1 with stock clock speeds.
Sent from my ASUS Eee Pad Transformer.

*Detection*
Old
Thanks Meter 510
EOS3 #81 & KAT Kernel
Droid: TF101
HW: B4O
ROM: KatKiss KitKat

KatKiss Dev / Stable
Kat Kernel
Kat App
Gapps