FORUMS

PSA: You Can Optimize Your Note 4’s Recents Menu & RAM

The Note 4 never had the fastest Recents Menu, and despite its 3GB of RAM, … more

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (July 25 – Aug 1)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more

Voices Of XDA: Orbiting The Earth With Android

Editor’s note: This week’s feature has been written by forum … more

CloudPlayer: DIY HiFi Music Streaming Solution

In our Helpful Guide to Music Streaming Services, we mentioned several different services … more

[ROM][4 May 2013] CM7 for HTC Merge/Lexikon [Kernel: msm7x30 CM]

n/a posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By jianC, Guest on 10th January 2013, 07:44 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
I originally released this rom on 2fastforums.com (http://2fastroms.com/showthread.php?...nel-CM-msm7x30) and now feel it is ready for release on XDA. (Site is currently down for unknown reasons)

Quote:

CM7 for HTC Merge/Lexikon

Code:
Features:
-100% stock CM7 from source
Quote:

What works:
Almost everything

Quote:

What doesn't work:
MMS on USC?
Jittery Compass

Quote:

Instructions
1) Flash recovery through bootloader or fastboot
2) Boot into recovery and factory reset, also go into mounts and format system
3) Flash Rom
4) Flash GApps

Quote:

Downloads

Recovery: http://d-h.st/users/e334/?fld_id=6766 (Either one will work, I personally prefer v5.0.2.8 Capacitive Touch)
ROM: http://d-h.st/users/e334/?fld_id=6727
GApps: https://www.box.com/s/79bpq0ywdxcf4093t926 (thanks liamf1!)

All my changes are documented on github.

Credits: Cyberblade (CDMA fix), liamf1 (beta tester/helpful feedback) 2fast4u88, Cyanogenmod & Team, Kali-, Neopeek & Team, UnitedDev & Team, and everyone else who contributed.

Please leave any feedback about bugs/problems/glitches/etc and I will try to fix them.
Last edited by jianC; 5th May 2013 at 03:57 AM.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to jianC For This Useful Post: [ View ]

14th January 2013, 03:49 PM |#2  
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Thank you ;D

Sent from my HTC Merge using Tapatalk 2
jianC
15th January 2013, 05:40 AM |#3  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by faille13

Thank you ;D

Nice to see you on here too
15th January 2013, 12:34 PM |#4  
Flag Chicago

More
Lol yeah, I'm everywhere.

---------- Post added at 01:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:12 PM ----------

I don't get around here too often. I haven't seen a dedicated forum for my merge yet.

2nd February 2013, 08:34 PM |#5  
Flag Kaunas

More
Sign GPS problem
How to fix the GPS ?
It won't turn on , I mean GPS icon is not shown in the notifications bar and it searches for the satellites forever .

I use 20130121 version of this mod and gsm mode .
jianC
9th February 2013, 06:23 AM |#6  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gytixas

How to fix the GPS ?
It won't turn on , I mean GPS icon is not shown in the notifications bar and it searches for the satellites forever .

I use 20130121 version of this mod and gsm mode .

Hmm.. i'll look into it.
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th February 2013, 06:25 AM |#7  

More
Thumbs up
I am so happy that new version established but i GSM doesn't work. Please fix the bug
Thanks
10th February 2013, 08:38 AM |#8  

More
Smile Mistake
sorry sorry, GSM works perfect, Just needed to reboot. Thanks a lot. but Bluetooth and GPS doesn't work either. Plz fix these bugs ! Thanks
10th February 2013, 02:34 PM |#9  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikoloz995

I am so happy that new version established but i GSM doesn't work. Please fix the bug
Thanks

+1

development of the firmware is?
The Following User Says Thank You to wired9 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th February 2013, 09:43 AM |#10  

More
Thank you so much, this is the best rom for this phone (the only working cyanogen). I am happy to report that after a few weeks use it has across the board improved my phones responsiveness, battery life, and usability. However... I have one problem. I live in Alaska and have GCI as a carrier... when I alter my cdma apn info, everything works up to the point I want to change my MCC and MNC... it's defaulting to 310 and 012 respectively. When I leave those values alone it saves the apn... when I alter them, the apn entry disappears! How can I fix this? I I need it to be 311 and 370 but can't get it to save my apn.

If this never works, I don't care, I wil continue using this rom without mobile internet or mms downloads... it's just that good.
Last edited by lexikonlover; 20th February 2013 at 07:05 PM. Reason: typos
1st March 2013, 04:08 PM |#11  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lexikonlover

Thank you so much, this is the best rom for this phone (the only working cyanogen). I am happy to report that after a few weeks use it has across the board improved my phones responsiveness, battery life, and usability. However... I have one problem. I live in Alaska and have GCI as a carrier... when I alter my cdma apn info, everything works up to the point I want to change my MCC and MNC... it's defaulting to 310 and 012 respectively. When I leave those values alone it saves the apn... when I alter them, the apn entry disappears! How can I fix this? I I need it to be 311 and 370 but can't get it to save my apn.

If this never works, I don't care, I wil continue using this rom without mobile internet or mms downloads... it's just that good.

APN backup and restore app worked for me on US Cellular (backup apn from stock install, then restore to CM7), though I had to switch to GoSMS as a messaging app for MMS to send properly (stock app would receive but not send MMS - SMS worked normally in both). I had no success manually entering the apn info - didn't seem to have any effect when I tried.

@JianC
I found an issue with the 20130121 version from Jan 21 you posted on 2fastroms: If the phone is left on the charger it will charge all the way up, then discharge all the way back to zero while still plugged in. It still displays that it is at 100%, but then abruptly drops to whatever the actual charge level is after a few minutes of use. I've tried wiping battery stats to no effect and it works properly in stock rom. This is the only bug I can't seem to work around... Any fix or suggestions for things to try would be most appreciated! Thanks again for your work on this ROM!

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread