Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Post pictures of your DNA with your case.

OP Funkym0nkey

11th January 2013, 06:45 PM   |  #11  
adamjamess's Avatar
Member
Albuquerque
Thanks Meter: 16
 
83 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
More
White/clear TPU case from eBay on Employee Edition DROID DNA.


Posted from my Verizon Employee Edition DROID DNA #01749.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1357926185173.jpg
Views:	1638
Size:	49.7 KB
ID:	1636286   Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1357926219586.jpg
Views:	1496
Size:	62.9 KB
ID:	1636291   Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1357926254201.jpg
Views:	1351
Size:	35.5 KB
ID:	1636293   Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1357926301622.jpg
Views:	1260
Size:	40.8 KB
ID:	1636296  
Last edited by adamjamess; 11th January 2013 at 06:49 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to adamjamess For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th January 2013, 09:03 PM   |  #12  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
21 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2012
Thumbs up Poetic Atmosphere Case for HTC Droid DNA
I bought the Poetic Atmosphere Case for HTC Droid DNA from Amazon for $7 and just received it today. It is a really nice case and fits the DNA perfectly. It adds almost no bulk to the DNA while providing average protection for daily use. The Poetic case also accommodates the rear LED notification light. The back of the case is transparent and a bit slippery while the sides are gray. There are raised buttons for the power and volume buttons. Pictures are available on Amazon. Here is the info from Amazon:

Made of polycarbonate and thermoplastic polyurethane
Transparent durable material
Grey borders surround the edges
Customer built-in volume control buttons
Raised knobs on each corner to protect from surface scratches.


Comparing it to the Ballistic SG Case that I'm currently using, It is a much sleeker case, but the Ballistic SG Case offers more protection at the expense of more bulk. The Ballistic SG Case seems to be squeezing the DNA a bit too tightly and might be causing the bluish splotches on the DNA screen. However, I do feel more at ease if the DNA is in the Ballistic case than the Poetic case. I'll post pictures later when I get a chance.
Last edited by crikeycrapper; 11th January 2013 at 09:19 PM.
12th January 2013, 01:46 AM   |  #13  
blackstallion's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 15
 
214 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
Just did a review of my DNA with the Incipio Faxion. Thread below.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2087153

Incipio Faxion

Sent from my Droid DNA
14th January 2013, 02:52 AM   |  #14  
juzz86's Avatar
Retired Senior Moderator
Flag Australia
Thanks Meter: 1,893
 
6,297 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2009
More
Picked up a Nillkin hard case for ten bucks off eBay. Usually go for more protection, but this one's done a good job so far. I also didn't want something that put a stack of pressure on the sides of the phone:







Well worth the ten bucks, the included screen protector goes well also.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Nillkin-M...item3a7cb95a60
14th January 2013, 03:28 AM   |  #15  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
13 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by juzz86

Picked up a Nillkin hard case for ten bucks off eBay. Usually go for more protection, but this one's done a good job so far. I also didn't want something that put a stack of pressure on the sides of the phone:

SNIP

Well worth the ten bucks, the included screen protector goes well also.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Nillkin-M...item3a7cb95a60

Have this case, I like its slim profile.
Seems like you placed the screen protector a tad low, no lifted edges on mine.
14th January 2013, 03:31 AM   |  #16  
juzz86's Avatar
Retired Senior Moderator
Flag Australia
Thanks Meter: 1,893
 
6,297 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2009
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verean

Seems like you placed the screen protector a tad low, no lifted edges on mine.

Yeah, in a rush
14th January 2013, 09:00 PM   |  #17  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 11
 
131 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by crikeycrapper

I bought the Poetic Atmosphere Case for HTC Droid DNA from Amazon for $7 and just received it today. It is a really nice case and fits the DNA perfectly. It adds almost no bulk to the DNA while providing average protection for daily use. The Poetic case also accommodates the rear LED notification light. The back of the case is transparent and a bit slippery while the sides are gray. There are raised buttons for the power and volume buttons. Pictures are available on Amazon. Here is the info from Amazon:

Made of polycarbonate and thermoplastic polyurethane
Transparent durable material
Grey borders surround the edges
Customer built-in volume control buttons
Raised knobs on each corner to protect from surface scratches.


Comparing it to the Ballistic SG Case that I'm currently using, It is a much sleeker case, but the Ballistic SG Case offers more protection at the expense of more bulk. The Ballistic SG Case seems to be squeezing the DNA a bit too tightly and might be causing the bluish splotches on the DNA screen. However, I do feel more at ease if the DNA is in the Ballistic case than the Poetic case. I'll post pictures later when I get a chance.

Had the poetic case...it's nice...but it eventually broke on me. The back of the case started to detach from the sides. I'm by no means rough with my phone so it didnt take much for it to come apart.
15th January 2013, 12:55 AM   |  #18  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
21 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmboba

Had the poetic case...it's nice...but it eventually broke on me. The back of the case started to detach from the sides. I'm by no means rough with my phone so it didnt take much for it to come apart.

Yikes. That's not good news. Did you get a replacement? Poetic seems to be giving a 3 year warranty for it.
16th January 2013, 02:45 AM   |  #19  
osmosizzz's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Blackmist Town
Thanks Meter: 371
 
1,306 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by juzz86

Picked up a Nillkin hard case for ten bucks off eBay. Usually go for more protection, but this one's done a good job so far. I also didn't want something that put a stack of pressure on the sides of the phone:







Well worth the ten bucks, the included screen protector goes well also.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Nillkin-M...item3a7cb95a60

What camera was used to take the pictures? really clean shots
16th January 2013, 07:21 AM   |  #20  
juzz86's Avatar
Retired Senior Moderator
Flag Australia
Thanks Meter: 1,893
 
6,297 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2009
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by osmosizzz

What camera was used to take the pictures? really clean shots

Canon EOS 1100D man, stock 18-55 lens

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes