Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,807 Members 52,519 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Huawei AscendY H866C ROOTED!!!

Tip us?
 
sketchscarz
Old
(Last edited by sketchscarz; 10th January 2013 at 07:39 PM.)
#1  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Posts: 60
Join Date: Mar 2011
Thumbs up Huawei AscendY H866C ROOTED!!!

Huawei Ascend Y H866C ROOTED!!!

If you have been lurking the posts on google for a root for the phone, you are just like me, so i
decided to learn some things. I contacted GiantPune and we worked together applying this root:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/k9b3ks

download poot, install it let it download and install ministro,

start poot,it will then start ministro

Ministro will create some libraries,thats ok.

Poot will then start, make sure to press the poot button and then it will give you some code

At the end of the code somewhere in there it should say sucessfully found and wrote su.

press the built in rootcheck to see if you are rooted

restart the phone go to the playstore and download Superuser.

You are now fully rooted!

All the thanks goes out to GiantPune for his awesome and funny creation.

Let me know if this works and if I helped you,please press the thank you button!
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to sketchscarz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
billyv
Old
#2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 3
Join Date: Dec 2012
It worked great, I've been watching the forums for a root for almost 3 months. I'm new to this, but I believe I could write a book over the things I've read. I do have one question what is the next thing I need to do? Once again thank y'all for making a flawless way to root. Billy

Sent from my H866C using xda app-developers app
 
sketchscarz
Old
#3  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Posts: 60
Join Date: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by billyv View Post
It worked great, I've been watching the forums for a root for almost 3 months. I'm new to this, but I believe I could write a book over the things I've read. I do have one question what is the next thing I need to do? Once again thank y'all for making a flawless way to root. Billy

Sent from my H866C using xda app-developers app
install some cool root apps from the market including wireless tether =)

here is a list of rooted apps you can download right from your phone in the browser

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1781500

check it out and enjoy your rooted device!

i am making a ROM NOW~! so be sure to check back
 
ETAnever
Old
#4  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 2
Join Date: Jan 2013
This failed to root my H866c, here is the info the apk returned.

2012 giantpune
[+]opened device
[+]Set logging mode
[+]Resolved Symbols
[+]Mapped 0x1000000
[+]Hooked mask_request_validate()
[-]Error running kernel-mode code
[-]Failed to clean up our mess
[-]current && current != last + 1 0000ffff 0000ffff
[-]Haxx has run its coarse. Reboot the device to play again.

A demon materialized while pooting. Error code: 87
su binary was not written
You need to restart your device

Any ideas?
 
bigchris212
Old
#5  
bigchris212's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 12
Join Date: May 2011
Location: hartford il
Worked perfect! Thanks!

Sent from my Rooted H866c Ascend Y via XDA.
 
billyv
Old
#6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 3
Join Date: Dec 2012
Default Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by sketchscarz View Post
install some cool root apps from the market including wireless tether =)

here is a list of rooted apps you can download right from your phone in the browser

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1781500

check it out and enjoy your rooted device!

i am making a ROM NOW~! so be sure to check back
Please help. My phone froze , so i had to take my battery out to restart. Well it restarted but iit would not load the system, so i shut it down and it druid three same thing. Then I tried to do a factory restore and now when ii boot it stays in the Huawei screen and that's it. I can get to my restore screen and Go nto my SD Card but i can't load any backups or packages because of the signature verification. Please let me knowthe steps to take to get my phone up and running l... thank you in advanced.
 
sketchscarz
Old
#7  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Posts: 60
Join Date: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by ETAnever View Post
This failed to root my H866c, here is the info the apk returned.

2012 giantpune
[+]opened device
[+]Set logging mode
[+]Resolved Symbols
[+]Mapped 0x1000000
[+]Hooked mask_request_validate()
[-]Error running kernel-mode code
[-]Failed to clean up our mess
[-]current && current != last + 1 0000ffff 0000ffff
[-]Haxx has run its coarse. Reboot the device to play again.

A demon materialized while pooting. Error code: 87
su binary was not written
You need to restart your device

Any ideas?
Hard reset the device install it again

Sent from my SPH-D600 using Tapatalk 2
 
ETAnever
Old
#8  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 2
Join Date: Jan 2013
No luck with the exact same debugging.
 
bigchris212
Old
#9  
bigchris212's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 12
Join Date: May 2011
Location: hartford il
Everything is running smooth and fast. Now we need a custom Rom...

Sent from my H866C using xda premium
 
kris29440
Old
#10  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 14
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Georgetown,SC
Thumbs up Thanks!~

Quote:
Originally Posted by sketchscarz View Post
Huawei Ascend Y H866C ROOTED!!!

If you have been lurking the posts on google for a root for the phone, you are just like me, so i
decided to learn some things. I contacted GiantPune and we worked together applying this root:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/k9b3ks

download poot, install it let it download and install ministro,

start poot,it will then start ministro

Ministro will create some libraries,thats ok.

Poot will then start, make sure to press the poot button and then it will give you some code

At the end of the code somewhere in there it should say sucessfully found and wrote su.

press the built in rootcheck to see if you are rooted

restart the phone go to the playstore and download Superuser.

You are now fully rooted!

All the thanks goes out to GiantPune for his awesome and funny creation.

Let me know if this works and if I helped you,please press the thank you button!

Works great been looking for this my friend really needed this!

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes