5,598,297 Members 48,228 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

My N7000 project

Tip us?

BojanMK
Old
(Last edited by BojanMK; 15th May 2013 at 12:25 AM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 68

DONATE TO ME
Default My N7000 project

A friend of mine recently was playing with his Samsung Galaxy Note and the phone somehow froze during a flash and he got the battery out. The phone after that wasn't turning on and he sent it to a local service shop. The service shop tried JTAGing the phone with Riff box but probably the servicer who was trying the JTAG screwed the EMMC chip even more and completely fried it. He told me all of this and I thought of the idea buying the phone so I decided to offer him 100 euros... and he agreed.

After 3 days of Google-ing, searching everywhere on the internet and trying everything (even for other phones), I found that the only solution for this phone is replacing the EMMC chip which costs 60 euros if I order it from here (I haven't found any other website to order N7000 EMMC chip but if you know some other, please share!).

Now I'm going to order this chip tomorrow and it should arrive in a week so I'll post the progress of my project.

Thought of sharing my experience with buying and repairing a completely screwed up phone that even JTAG couldn't fix it.

Click here to read last update post...

Тоtal money spent: 125 euros.
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to BojanMK For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

nokiamodeln91
Old
Thanks Meter 2483
Hmmmm. Good. Following it

gszabi
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Do you have any kind of infrared soldering equipment? Are you removed the old emmc? Is it glued? (Ofcourse it is!)

Do you have any high level soldering skill? Special flux gel, reball equipment? Ok i dont bothering you more im just trying to told that it will be a very very very hard project for a man who dont trained specially for these kind of work.

BojanMK
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 68

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by gszabi View Post
Do you have any kind of infrared soldering equipment? Are you removed the old emmc? Is it glued? (Ofcourse it is!)

Do you have any high level soldering skill? Special flux gel, reball equipment? Ok i dont bothering you more im just trying to told that it will be a very very very hard project for a man who dont trained specially for these kind of work.
I have a local electrician over here which is willing to solder the specific BGA chip. I know that is a hard thing to do by your own.

howard bamber
Old
(Last edited by howard bamber; 11th January 2013 at 11:31 AM.)
Thanks Meter 152
You would of been a lot better buying a full second hand main board, instead of the chip. Reballing and reflowing a chip is not something to do in your kitchen.
The Following User Says Thank You to howard bamber For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

BojanMK
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 68

DONATE TO ME
Default Disagree

Quote:
Originally Posted by howard bamber View Post
You would of been a lot better buying a full second hand main board, instead of the chip. Reballing and reflowing a chip is not something to do in your kitchen.
Buying a new motherboard is more expensive than buying just the emmc chip... of course, if you know what's the problem of the phone.
The Following User Says Thank You to BojanMK For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

qazibasit
Old
Thanks Meter 119
Everytime i started any such mission. It always leads to ruining the equipment. I have damaged my microwave, laptop operated it to clean the fan, my old tv and so many other goods.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda app-developers app

BojanMK
Old
(Last edited by BojanMK; 16th January 2013 at 12:20 AM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 68

DONATE TO ME
Default Order placed

Guys I have placed the order of the chip at parts4repair.com . I hope the shipping time of the item will be fast because it's not a big thing and it will be processed fast trough postals and customs. It should arrive for about 2 weeks so stay put.

Quote:
Originally Posted by qazibasit View Post
Everytime i started any such mission. It always leads to ruining the equipment. I have damaged my microwave, laptop operated it to clean the fan, my old tv and so many other goods.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda app-developers app
That's why is better to take the motherboard to a local electronics technician and he'll do all the nasty work.

msedek
Old
Thanks Meter 642
Quote:
Originally Posted by BojanMK View Post
Guys I have placed the order of the chip at parts4repair.com . I hope the shipping time of the item will be fast because it's not a big thing and it will be processed fast trough postals and customs. It should arrive for about 2 weeks so stay put.

That's why is better to take the motherboard to a local electronics technician and he'll do all the nasty work.
Lol I can't wait to see the result of this

Tapatalking on my n7000

abhinav quietly brilliant
Old
Thanks Meter 234
any progress?

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2
Happy cm user using cm since cm 6..!

Tags
emmc, n7000, note, repair, samsung