32gb card not working

Search This thread

TJEclipse

Apr 11, 2011
Florida Panhandle
Im 100% stock, bought a new 32gb card and i can see the card but it keeps giving a error saying its corrupt. I tried to format it several times and each time no luck. I put it in my tab and no issues so idk what the problem is... can anyone help?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda premium

ktmdave7

Feb 17, 2011
Roseville, CA
try TWRP 2.3.3.1 Recovery

I Have same problem with my SGS3 in CWM Recovery with 32 GB class 10 Micro card.

Maybe try TWRP 2.3.3.1 Recovery (that works with my 32 GB Card)

vopezy

Feb 7, 2012
Who made the card? I have had bad luck with 32g class10 SanDisk cards with this phone. Just bought an adata no problems so far.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda premium

1slow4G

Nov 19, 2012
South Tex
I just put in a 32 class 4 sandisk yesterday. Have no problems

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using neighbors wifi :p

mark925

Jan 3, 2009
I had a Sandisk 32gb Class 10 card I got back in November do this to me about a week ago. I quickly backed up the data off of it, put it on a 8gb card and it's been fine since. A card should not crap out after only 2-3 months.

Sk17z0

Nov 29, 2010
Sounds like a bad card. Just return where you got it from and get another. I have a 32 Sandisk with no problems.

B

Bass_Man25

I had a Sandisk 32gb Class 10 card I got back in November do this to me about a week ago. I quickly backed up the data off of it, put it on a 8gb card and it's been fine since. A card should not crap out after only 2-3 months.

I had the exact same problem with a Sandisk 32gb Class 4 card - died after 2-3 months of use. Luckily, I was able to back it up on my PC before it finally gave out. The guy I ordered it from is exchanging it, but I'm concerned that the same thing will happen again.

EDIT: Looking at one of the reviews for an SD card on Amazon, a review has offered some great suggestions to check the SD card is authentic and can perform up to standard (i.e., if labeled a Class 10, reads/writes at 10MBs/sec). Full review can be found here.

One program is an app called SD Tools by Veluscek Ales (available here). It verifies the card information and helps to determine if it's fake or not.

Another free program for the PC is called H2testw (most current version as of writing is V1.4), and this tool will perform read/write tests on the card.

Last edited:

elesbb

Jun 20, 2010

I had the exact same problem with a Sandisk 32gb Class 4 card - died after 2-3 months of use. Luckily, I was able to back it up on my PC before it finally gave out. The guy I ordered it from is exchanging it, but I'm concerned that the same thing will happen again.

EDIT: Looking at one of the reviews for an SD card on Amazon, a review has offered some great suggestions to check the SD card is authentic and can perform up to standard (i.e., if labeled a Class 10, reads/writes at 10MBs/sec). Full review can be found here.

One program is an app called SD Tools by Veluscek Ales (available here). It verifies the card information and helps to determine if it's fake or not.

Another free program for the PC is called H2testw (most current version as of writing is V1.4), and this tool will perform read/write tests on the card.

Yeah be careful with online SD cards. I've bought 2 in my lifetime and never will again. I will only buy from Walmart or any local retail store like staples best buy etc.

Sent from my Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk 2

TJEclipse

Apr 11, 2011
Florida Panhandle
I bought mine from wally world and it didn't work straight out the box in my phone it works fine in my Xoom. I'm not sure why but I'm going to wait awhile before I try again.

Sent from my Xoom using xda premium