Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,412 Members 45,206 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Want to upgrade to the note 2 and keep unlimited data (Without adding a line)

Tip us?

AcE XBOX
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshw0000 View Post
Another loophole is to transfer your upgrade to a dumphone (assuming you have a dumbphone on your account), upgrade that line to a GN2, keeping unlimited on your other lines and adding a tiered plan to this line, activate, deactivate and put the flip phone back on which will cancel the tiered data plan again leaving your other lines untouched, move the GN2 to the line of your choice. You may potentially receive a months data on your next bill. Call 611 and explain the situation and you'll be credited back for the month (minus a day) on your next bill.

I've done it twice now. Enjoy!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2
This was the trick I used to use, but according to my coworkers this stopped working. Now it supposedly gets switched automatically to a 2gb plan. I was told this last week.

Sooner or later Verizon will catch on and fix these loopholes.

billku
Old
Thanks Meter 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by AcE XBOX View Post
This was the trick I used to use, but according to my coworkers this stopped working. Now it supposedly gets switched automatically to a 2gb plan. I was told this last week.

Sooner or later Verizon will catch on and fix these loopholes.
Crap. Can anyone else confirm this no longer works?

eraursls1984
Old
Thanks Meter 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by billku View Post
Still worked for me a week ago.

joshw0000
Old
Thanks Meter 422
I did it over the phone when the i5's first released and a few weeks ago for the GN2. Ask a rep, worst they can say is no. But ask 2 or 3 more before giving up until you find one that understands what you're trying to do and has done it before.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

billku
Old
Thanks Meter 48
The upgrade I plan to transfer to my dumb phone doesn't come up until end of the month, I will pray you guys are right and it's still working then...

LvnInOC
Old
Thanks Meter 2

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
I just received my Note2 yesterday and had ordered it by calling and was told specifically I would not lose my unlimited data as I have a dummy line I used for upgrading . I have yet to activate it as I have a GNex on my unlimited line now. But I will activate tomorrow when I can actually call and speak to someone and switdh the upgrade to my unlimited data line and keep the non smart phone thats on the dummy line as it is and not have to have a tiered plan for the extra line, Basically its my sons line who doesnt need a smart phone and I used his upgrade, done it before on two other lines for my daughters lines in the past without losing my unlimited. If I get a different response tomorrow when I call to do the switch and activation I have two options I can do- 1- return the note to them and stay with my GNEX unlimited plan. Option 2 would be to tell Verizon to go &%^themselves and not return their note2 and good luck getting any early term fees and go somewhere else . All depends on them!! I hear TMob will be offering a $250 mail in rebate on the Note2 next month bringing the cost to only $49 plus fees with contract-? and unlimited as well.

billku
Old
Thanks Meter 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by LvnInOC View Post
I just received my Note2 yesterday and had ordered it by calling and was told specifically I would not lose my unlimited data as I have a dummy line I used for upgrading . I have yet to activate it as I have a GNex on my unlimited line now. But I will activate tomorrow when I can actually call and speak to someone and switdh the upgrade to my unlimited data line and keep the non smart phone thats on the dummy line as it is and not have to have a tiered plan for the extra line, Basically its my sons line who doesnt need a smart phone and I used his upgrade, done it before on two other lines for my daughters lines in the past without losing my unlimited. If I get a different response tomorrow when I call to do the switch and activation I have two options I can do- 1- return the note to them and stay with my GNEX unlimited plan. Option 2 would be to tell Verizon to go &%^themselves and not return their note2 and good luck getting any early term fees and go somewhere else . All depends on them!! I hear TMob will be offering a $250 mail in rebate on the Note2 next month bringing the cost to only $49 plus fees with contract-? and unlimited as well.
Will you post and let us know how it goes? Thanks so much!

LvnInOC
Old
Thanks Meter 2

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Will you post and let us know how it goes? Thanks so much!

For sure I will. I have done this before recently and didn't have a problem. I have 5 lines in all for my family and used one for wife's new phone, But if Verizon wants to keep screwing their long time customers (15+ years) with the bogus share everything crap, I will not have any issues screwing back! For sure ill post back tomorrow after.

billku
Old
Thanks Meter 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by LvnInOC View Post
For sure I will ll. I have done this before recently and didn't have a problem. I have 5 lines in all for my family and used one for wife's new phone, But if Verizon wants to keep screwing their long time customers (15+ years) with the bogus share everything crap, I will not have any issues screwing back! For sure ill post back tomorrow after.
Looking forward to it, thanks so much for your help!
The Following User Says Thank You to billku For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

homerunbm33
Old
Thanks Meter 27
I used a dummy phone to keep my unlimited on Jan 2nd with no problems. I have a friend who works for Verizon and he makes sure everything goes smoothly.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2