Want to upgrade to the note 2 and keep unlimited data (Without adding a line)

OP i3oost

22nd February 2013, 11:26 PM   |  #51  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2

13 posts
Re: Want to upgrade to the note 2 and keep unlimited data (Without adding a line)
Quote:
Originally Posted by npainter7

I thought the guy who did this to begin with didn't even have a dummy line? Am I wrong? He just did it through best buy.com and then Verizon's site. Or is the dummy line just another way?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

I did and it worked fine and no stress of having to talk to anyone at the vzw store.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to i3oost For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th March 2013, 05:48 PM   |  #52  
Flag Philadelphia
Thanks Meter: 68

585 posts
More
my brother and i both have unlimited data, on a plan with our mom who has a dumb phone. we have 1 upgrade ready and then another coming in august. he got the S3 when it came out and im going to grab the S4. whenever we have an upgrade, we are going to transfer the upgrade to her line, upgrade her line. deactivate it, turn her old dumb phone back on, get rid of the tiered data pack and then activate the S4 on my line.

some people mentioned here doing the upgrade on your line but when the phone comes activating the phone on the dumb phone line but i would suggest just transferring the upgrade to the dumb phone. dont get your main line involved at all.
4th March 2013, 08:38 PM   |  #53  
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
anyone else?
Quote:
Originally Posted by i3oost

I did and it worked fine and no stress of having to talk to anyone at the vzw store.

Has anyone else been successful with the OP's bestbuy method?
5th March 2013, 06:43 AM   |  #54  
Flag San Antonio
Thanks Meter: 522

6,394 posts
More
Re: Want to upgrade to the note 2 and keep unlimited data (Without adding a line)
But can you transfer the upgrade if that line already has one available? My kids lines were already upgradeable. Ordered the phones, activated then, then swapped Sims, went online and put their dinc2's back on.

Guess if I really like anything later this year, I might try to transfer the upgrades or use them to get the kids new phones.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread