Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,397 Members 48,492 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[MOD] Add auto-correct to Samsung Keyboard and shorten long-press delay

Tip us?

djafropiq
Old
Thanks Meter 0
swapped out the apk but the autocorrect isnt working. still have to select the proper spelling.

metal666fukhead
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Default Re: [MOD] Add auto-correct to Samsung Keyboard and shorten long-press delay

I really wish I would have came here first and saw that auto correct isnt working after the ma7 update, this blows =/

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda app-developers app

metal666fukhead
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Default Re: [MOD] Add auto-correct to Samsung Keyboard and shorten long-press delay

Found this link to a working stock keyboard with auto correct for ma7 I've been using it all day and haven't had a single problem just loving my auto correct! =D so anyways go to
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2110841 and click spoiler in the op at the bottom of the list is the keyboard for sprint. It says to flash it but I just unzipped the zip file and manually moved the apk to system/app and deleted the .odex file. If I helped at all please thank me =)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to metal666fukhead For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mranonymous
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by metal666fukhead View Post
Found this link to a working stock keyboard with auto correct for ma7 I've been using it all day and haven't had a single problem just loving my auto correct! =D so anyways go to
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2110841 and click spoiler in the op at the bottom of the list is the keyboard for sprint. It says to flash it but I just unzipped the zip file and manually moved the apk to system/app and deleted the .odex file. If I helped at all please thank me =)

I see it's built for MA5, not MA7.

BrianBaker
Old
Thanks Meter 884

Quote:
Originally Posted by mranonymous View Post
But he's on MA7 and says it's working...I'll be giving it a shot if I go back to MA7 this weekend.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda premium
<<I was a Victim of Apple patent #5,946,647>>
Rom:Stock-Unlocked

mranonymous
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianBaker View Post
But he's on MA7 and says it's working...I'll be giving it a shot if I go back to MA7 this weekend.

I get that. Typically you wouldnt want to mix versions of stock apps as you could lose fixes or new features.

In any event, I unpacked a virgin MA7 SamsungIME.apk along with the modified MA5 apk and did a file compare on every file. The only differences were the code changes to enable auto correct and the shortened key press.

I installed the MA5 verison last night and everything works great.

BrianBaker
Old
Thanks Meter 884

Quote:
I get that. Typically you wouldnt want to mix versions of stock apps as you could lose fixes or new features.

In any event, I unpacked a virgin MA7 SamsungIME.apk along with the modified MA5 apk and did a file compare on every file. The only differences were the code changes to enable auto correct and the shortened key press.

I installed the MA5 verison last night and everything works great.
Care to share it?

<<I was a Victim of Apple patent #5,946,647>>
Rom:Stock-Unlocked

mranonymous
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianBaker View Post
Care to share it?

See the post a few above yours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by metal666fukhead View Post

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mranonymous For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

metal666fukhead
Old
Thanks Meter 11

Quote:
Yes I noticed it said it was for ma5 but I figured what the heck ill try it anyways and viola works like a charm been 3 days now without a single glitch =)

jrdejavux
Old
Thanks Meter 19
not working with macksrom

Tags
keyboard, mod