Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,851 Members 47,137 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Note 2 SDS (sudden death syndrome)

Tip us?

sachinaik
Old
Thanks Meter 198
Default Re: Note 2 SDS (sudden death syndrome)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcpathak View Post
Hey Ketan,
Please help with a few things:
1. What is the usual practice these days about the warranty while buying a device? Will the seller fill the warranty card and stamp it or should the sales bill we get from the seller is sufficient. When I bought my last htc device in Mumbai, all I got was sales bill but it worked fine with the service center. Since you know the seller in your place, you might clarify this.
2. Is there any new update released in March 2013 in India for note 2? Does it fixes the sds?
3. I'm thinking of buying it if the manufacturing date is of Feb, 2013 and immediately update the device after opening up the box.
we all are becoming pesky in asking so many questions but I hope you would appreciated that the money at stake is high and also the mental peace.
Thanks in advance,
1. They will give u 24 hours, if u find any hardware issues like dead pixels, some kind of tint on screen, or bad battery u can immediately get a new piece. After 24 hrs u will have to goto service centre.
Yes warranty card should be stamped and signed.

2. No update released on March. But if you buy with manufacture date as Feb 2013, it will come out of the box with 4.1.2 and the Rom is of date Feb 2013. Also the emmc firware will be 0x1f7.
You are safe with this. Buy Titanium grey coloured Feb 2013 dated phone.

3. Good. But even if u immediately update also, it will say phine is up to date.

Happy buying. Now that sammy s4 is fragmented, and we dont know the temperatures the phone for octa core version also no review !!!! Good time to have uniform body titanium grey Note 2 with 2Gb ram and awesome multitasking

Its also gona get 90% of software goodie that s4 has.....

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to sachinaik For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kkapoorr
Old
Thanks Meter 223

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinaik View Post
1. They will give u 24 hours, if u find any hardware issues like dead pixels, some kind of tint on screen, or bad battery u can immediately get a new piece. After 24 hrs u will have to goto service centre.

2. No update released on March. But if you buy with manufacture date as Feb 2013, it will come out of the box with 4.1.2 and the Rom is of date Feb 2013. Also the emmc firware will be 0x1f7.

3. Good. But even if u immediately update also, it will say phine is up to date.

Happy buying. Now that sammy s4 is fragmented, and we dont know the temperatures the phone for octa core version also no review !!!! Good time to have uniform body titanium grey Note 2 with 2Gb ram and awesome multitasking

Thanks man!
I have one question: Can't I buy the white version? And get the ''0x1f7''???

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
Currnet Device:Samsung Galaxy Note 2Past Devices:HTC One X & Sony Ericsson Xperia X10

dcpathak
Old
(Last edited by dcpathak; 29th March 2013 at 09:29 AM.)
Thanks Meter 20
Quote:

Thanks a lot for an elaborate reply.
My plan is to buy a titanium grey one.
Which country you belong to, if you don't mind disclosing it, since I doubt in India the seller would not replace the set within 24 hours Also, I realised that mostly sellers just give a sales bill and don't fill the warranty card. And most important question: was there a warranty card inside the box when you purchased your phone? I vaguely remember that when I bought my desire z, there was just a document explaining the warranty and no card as such.
Should I buy from a Samsung Cafe to be on safer side?
A quick reply would be appreciated as I may buy it today itself
thanks in advance

badril81
Old
Thanks Meter 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkapoorr View Post
Thanks man!

Yes u can

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to badril81 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sachinaik
Old
Thanks Meter 198

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkapoorr View Post
Thanks man!

Yes you can. But make sure that the manufacturing date is Feb2013.

---------- Post added at 11:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:37 AM ----------

Quote:
Thanks a lot for an elaborate reply.
My plan is to buy a titanium grey one.
Which country you belong to, if you don't mind disclosing it, since I doubt in India the seller would not replace the set within 24 hours Also, I realised that mostly sellers just give a sales bill and don't fill the warranty card. And most important question: was there a warranty card inside the box when you purchased your phone? I vaguely remember that when I bought my desire z, there was just a document explaining the warranty and no card as such.
Should I buy from a Samsung Cafe to be on safer side?
A quick reply would be appreciated as I may buy it today itself
thanks in advance
Yes m from India - Bangalore.

The 24 hours thing is applicable to everyone. But no one will tell u that while buying.
You have to ask them "what if I open it now n see that there are ten dead pixels". Then they tell u abt 24 hrs replacement policy.
But only standard shops like Reliance digital and Big Samsung cafe guys will be aware of this and provide it to customers.

Safer side pls goto samsung showroom only.

Also the waranty card is present inside the sealed box along with phone manuals. U have to tell them to seal it and then sign it. They will do it.

The Following User Says Thank You to sachinaik For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dcpathak
Old
Thanks Meter 20
Quote:
Yes you can. But make sure that the manufacturing date is Feb2013.

---------- Post added at 11:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:37 AM ----------

Yes m from India - Bangalore.

The 24 hours thing is applicable to everyone. But no one will tell u that while buying.
You have to ask them "what if I open it now n see that there are ten dead pixels". Then they tell u abt 24 hrs replacement policy.
But only standard shops like Reliance digital and Big Samsung cafe guys will be aware of this and provide it to customers.

Safer side pls goto samsung showroom only.

Also the waranty card is present inside the sealed box along with phone manuals. U have to tell them to seal it and then sign it. They will do it.

Thanks a lot buddy.
I'm from Hyderabad. I also noticed that different shops are offering different prices. One Samsung shop near CTC offered it at 35500/= some 10 days back (after the price hike), another at Karkhana at 37 something. The Samsung Cafe would sell at the price mentioned at Samsung e-store. Why such a wide spectrum of price offering? Of course there is also a hongkong market near ctc, where I can get this at 33300 also but they are perhaps ebay products!
And I would definitely ask them for 24 hours replacement policy, thanks otherwise I was not aware of it. What other reasons can be sited for replacement: suppose, just by chance, after turning the phone on I find that the mobile has an insane chip, what reason I may site to replace it?
I suppose a screen-guard is a must have accessory and I should buy it immediately. What are other important accessories that I should get soon?

sachinaik
Old
(Last edited by sachinaik; 29th March 2013 at 12:38 PM.)
Thanks Meter 198

Quote:
Thanks a lot buddy.
I'm from Hyderabad. I also noticed that different shops are offering different prices. One Samsung shop near CTC offered it at 35500/= some 10 days back (after the price hike), another at Karkhana at 37 something. The Samsung Cafe would sell at the price mentioned at Samsung e-store. Why such a wide spectrum of price offering? Of course there is also a hongkong market near ctc, where I can get this at 33300 also but they are perhaps ebay products!
And I would definitely ask them for 24 hours replacement policy, thanks otherwise I was not aware of it. What other reasons can be sited for replacement: suppose, just by chance, after turning the phone on I find that the mobile has an insane chip, what reason I may site to replace it?
I suppose a screen-guard is a must have accessory and I should buy it immediately. What are other important accessories that I should get soon?
Buying online is definitely not recommended as you dont get to check it and also u dont get to check the Mfg date.

The price of note2 will only come down if S4 gets released. Untill that time the price will be ~37k in shops.

Best thing to do is to unbox the piece after the purchase in front of the salesman who guided u. Then put on the sim (enable 3g) and sdcard.
Configure google account and play some video.

Offcourse u cant check for the dead pixels there only, as they are so tiny, hence the 24 hours return policy.

Other reasons for return :
Battery bad, like in an hour drained from 100 to 10.
Nfc not working.
Front cam not working.
Phone freezes alot (easily reproducible)
Etc.

But for the flagship I dont think u should look for any other problems but only dead pixels.

U need to buy
1. Glossy crystal clear screen guard.
2. A black/grey back cover.
3. A black earphone (samsung bundled white ones !!!)

Best place would be a capdase shop. U'll get back cover and screenguard for 699.
Ask the shop guy to put on the screen guard. (Make sure u dont remove the initial screen guard which comes out of the box). Let this guy remove it and put the capdase screen guard. This ensures 0 bubbles.

For headphone I recommend Techfusion Twinwoofers. Its 1550Rs and u can get it in capdase shop directly. It comes with a tiny carrying pouch also. Its awesome, atleast for my taste.

dcpathak
Old
Thanks Meter 20
Quote:

The price of note2 will only come down if S4 gets released. Untill that time the price will be ~37k in shops.

Will launch of S4 affect the price of note 2? I'm afraid that people would still prefer note 2 over S4 (we would not get the octa core most probably). And if the price of note 2 falls then, it would further create problems in selling S4.

Which company screen guard you are using. I saw on Flipkart about Amzer!
The Following User Says Thank You to dcpathak For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

hayabusa08
Old
Thanks Meter 70

DONATE TO ME

Prices of note 2 n7105 have fallen in the recent weeks. When it was launched its selling price was sgd$980. Now the recent price is only at sgd$765 and i expect it to drop lower when the s4 is launched. As for me note 2 is as good as it was before the s4 even launched. With spen features... octa core will be second in my list. Even the latest games are running smoothly on my quad core note 2. As for camera wise... u want a real photography hobby... get a dslr. A mobile will always be a mobile. Never will it come close to a standalone camera.

dcpathak
Old
(Last edited by dcpathak; 29th March 2013 at 06:37 PM.)
Thanks Meter 20
Quote:

I made a survey of three shops today evening:
A. Samsung smart cafe (at Tirumalgiri):
1. date of manufacturing: Feb. 2013,
2. I made them download the eMMC Check from play store on one of the display sets, and it showed a sane chip. I also checked using the code "*#12580*369#" and it showed the safer option: MP 1.301. So it seems to be safe to buy from here.
3. The price offered was 36700/=. No discounts, maximum free goody: screen guard.
4. They are not offering the 24 hours replacement policy. They said I need to take my set to the service center which will give me some TOU or DOU (whatever it is) and then I would take it to the shop. They would bring a new set from the main stockist and then replace it. I can take my set to the service center up to 8 days of purchase for replacement.

B. Sangeetha Mobiles (Karkhana):
1. Price: 36400+Bluetooth+General Third Party insurance
2. 24 hour replacement policy.
3. Manufacturing date: Feb 2013.

C. Don't Remember the Name (Karkhana):
1. Price: 36300+Bluetooth
2. 24 hour replacement policy
3. The only demo mobile they are using for last couple of month was showing problematic response when checked using the code.
4. Manufacturing date: Feb 2013.

Now, I'm surprised that the Samsung Smart cafe is not giving a 24 hour replacement policy while others are giving! Either he is telling me plain truth (that others are hiding) or he is trying to avoid trouble in case of replacement.

The last shop also showed my boxed pack of Sony Xperia Z. Coming at 37900/= with a free headset and flip cover. How does Xperia Z fares to note 2?
And which of these shops should I buy the note 2 if I go for it. yes, I didn't by it today as it became late in evening and I wanted to do proper research before buying. I may buy it on this Sunday.
Further, the smart cafe guy told me that S4 should come by 2nd week of April. Then should I wait for price fall in note 2?
Thanks