Originally Posted by sachinaik
The 24 hours thing is applicable to everyone. But no one will tell u that while buying.
You have to ask them "what if I open it now n see that there are ten dead pixels". Then they tell u abt 24 hrs replacement policy.
But only standard shops like Reliance digital and Big Samsung cafe guys will be aware of this and provide it to customers.
I made a survey of three shops today evening:
A. Samsung smart cafe (at Tirumalgiri):
1. date of manufacturing: Feb. 2013,
2. I made them download the eMMC Check from play store on one of the display sets, and it showed a sane
chip. I also checked using the code "*#12580*369#" and it showed the safer option: MP 1.301. So it seems to be safe to buy from here.
3. The price offered was 36700/=. No discounts, maximum free goody: screen guard.
4. They are not offering the 24 hours replacement policy. They said I need to take my set to the service center which will give me some TOU or DOU (whatever it is) and then I would take it to the shop. They would bring a new set from the main stockist and then replace it. I can take my set to the service center up to 8 days of purchase for replacement.
B. Sangeetha Mobiles (Karkhana):
1. Price: 36400+Bluetooth+General Third Party insurance
2. 24 hour replacement policy.
3. Manufacturing date: Feb 2013.
C. Don't Remember the Name
1. Price: 36300+Bluetooth
2. 24 hour replacement policy
3. The only demo mobile they are using for last couple of month was showing problematic response when checked using the code.
4. Manufacturing date: Feb 2013.
Now, I'm surprised that the Samsung Smart cafe is not giving a 24 hour replacement policy while others are giving! Either he is telling me plain truth (that others are hiding) or he is trying to avoid trouble in case of replacement.
The last shop also showed my boxed pack of Sony Xperia Z. Coming at 37900/= with a free headset and flip cover. How does Xperia Z fares to note 2?
And which of these shops should I buy the note 2 if I go for it. yes, I didn't by it today as it became late in evening and I wanted to do proper research before buying. I may buy it on this Sunday.
Further, the smart cafe guy told me that S4 should come by 2nd week of April. Then should I wait for price fall in note 2?