[ROM][ARC/ARC S] Racing Bean V3.1 (Fastest rom, latest features)
Racing Bean Version 3.1!
(Rom for Xperia Arc and Arc S)
Racing Bean is a Jelly Bean based Rom for your Xperia Arc/S. It is simply the perfect blend between Battery life and pure speed. Gaming and multitasking. Sony and Nexus user interface. Latest Android features and stability.
But the best thing about this feature-packed rom is its speed. With a brilliant Antutu benchmark score of 6565, the Xperia Arc S surpasses even the Samsung Galaxy Tablet 10.1”. Testers have claimed it is the fastest rom available.
- Based on the latest Cm10 release by Fxp
- Gapps included
- Supercharged, adrenaline boosted, sysctl tweaked and zipaligned.
- Beats Audio
- A camera with 6mp 16:9 photos
- Deleted a few junk apps
- Mass Storage Mode
- A working panorama app by Sony Ericsson.
- Adfree built into system (no Adfree app, no ads)
- My very own vast collection of tweaks for a far better experience
- Choice between Cm10's Aosp home launcher or good old Xperia Home
- Nexus 4 boot animation
- Surprisingly battery friendly, lasting more than 2 days with 5 and a half hours of screen on time
- A nice sleek background to a few dark themed apps like Settings and TB.
- Deleted a lot of poor message, ringtone and alarm tones and added the good old Sony Ericsson ones for easier picking on tones. (Thanks Hotfingers)
- Far better Ram consumption, up to 223mb free and amazing multitasking
- Android 4.2 keyboard, Google Play Music and Gmail app with pinch to zoom. (Thanks SafariKing)
- Very Stable with HDMI being the only bug and rarely any FCing
- Absolutely blazingly fast. With this ROM the Xperia Arc S has outperformed several dual core devices with a 6565 score in Antutu Benchmark. Perhaps the fastest rom available for Xperia Arc and Arc S.
-Rebased to Fxp152
-Fixed bad zip error
-Minor speed optimizations
-Trimmed down on useless stuff
-Set default ringtone, notification and alarm tones to nice ones
- Added Walkman player (thanks thilinaC)
- Fixed low brightness issue
- Changed settings app background to one voted by users.
- Fixed 3G battery drain
- Disabled button backlights
- Greatly improved the Dalvik VM tweaks for better gaming performance over long time
- Xperia style settings icon
- Xperia style quick seeings icon
- Redid build.prop tweaks for faster 3G, scrolling, WiFi, better battery life etc.
- Added baseband 72 for better signal and data connection (thanks papayayoghurt)
- Added on screen buttons add-on
- Fixed Bootloop when wiping data before installing.
- Re-based to Fxp204 for full compatibility with latest Fusion and LuPus kernels.
- Fixed some broken speed tweaks (faster now)
- Fixed many bugs
- xLoud audio engine
- Xperia Z launcher
- Enabled 720p video recording (18fps)
- Rebased to latest Fxp
- Huge gaming performance improvements (I'm not much of a gamer, but Temple Run 2 runs smoothly without any lag whatsoever on the highest quality @ 1ghz)
- I fixed some minor bugs
- Changed the old ugly charging animation when switched off
- Fixed a tonne of bugs (thanks besttt)
- Upgraded the Android 4.2 keyboard to the latest version (swype looks better)
- Deleted the old gallery and camera and replaced with Gallery ICS
- Bravia Engine 2
- Some speed tweaking optimizations for faster overall experience
- Some cool theming here and there
- Modded services.jar for 100% functional Supercharger
- A few strings changes
- Rebased to Fxp210 (lots of improvements there)
- Latest Adreno GPU drivers for better graphical performance
- Fixed reboot to recovery function (included in Usb fix or buttons)
- Fixed System errors on start up
- Removed Bravia Engine 2 for less battery drain
- A few minor speed tweaks
- Fixed bootloop when coming from another rom (again )
" Your ROM is very fast.
AWESOME!!! Good Job, I use your ROM!" Evolutios
"the rom is wonderful so far, fast and smooth" Mattds
"it is fast, the best JB i tried so far" yukarundeng
"THIS IS THE BEST ROM IV USED THANKS littlejoelgriffo
LIGHTNING FAST" Damin777
"I can vouch for this guy and his ROM 100%. Everything is stable and rock solid! Nice work!" Silencer96
"THX your rom is the FASTEST JB ROM !!!
I can play NFS MW !!!" XarcShad0w
Just a word: Great Rom
For me, seems better JB rom for Arc s now avalaible
Great job, go on like this" franyo
"Your ROM is amazing! I used Ultimate HD and i searched a rom with jellybean's design, so, your rom is just perfect! Thanks!" ZzKrackzZ
"Racing Bean gave other life to my ArcS! I was experiencing a lot of problems caused by lack of RAM with CM and now its gone!" Lord_Snake
"- To the Rom developer - Where is your Donate Button?!" nostrike
"absolutely this rom is amazing. features, visuality, productivity and fantasticly fast. i love it and thank you for perfect rom" armutyus
"This ROM is Just awesome!, Works very nice, clean and smooth." caqo71
"This Rom is awesome , is really a good job." lt18
"This rom is truly amazing,I love it its so good looking,fast and stable + battery friendly." clau22bv
"Very good battery life with this rom. i used fusion v4.0 and every thing work well. fast, stable, battery is very friendly" hoangluongvinh
"everything is working fine and this ROM is really fast (i'm comming from FXP 201)!!! nice work" gigabyt3
" I must say that your rom in version 1.1 should have in the changelog something like "Bla bla bla tweaks, and some BLACK MAGIC"
because it made my arc s fly like I have never seen before, even comparing to the old GB times . Thank you for your amazing work, and i can't wait to try version 2! " Jet70355
"2.01 was great, 2.2 even greater! Why would you release V3, there cant be much to improve!"
"at playing games,,i already tried temple run,NFS,MC 4,and NOVA 3,,i won't compare with another rom,,but honestly this is the best rom for gaming,just try and you'll never tried another rom "
Add this to your signature to support me.
If you are enjoying my work please consider donating:
Donations are voluntary but allow me to spend more time working on the next version.
NOTE: xLoud Audio Engine plugin will make play store music apps like Poweramp FC on start. Do not flash if you use one.
NOTE 2: If you are facing problems such as "Status Error 7" while installing, read the FAQ
If coming from another rom:
1.Download Racing Bean and a 4.1.2 kernel (recommended Fxp or Fusion)
2.Place the Wi-Fi modules and Racing Bean on your SDcard
3.Flash your chosen kernel via Flashtool, then boot your phone to recovery
4.Wipe data and format /system
5.Flash Racing Bean and Wi-Fi modules
6. Reboot and have Mess around
7. Flash either usb fix OR On screen buttons addon.
If updating from a previous Racing Bean Version:
1. Wipe cache and dalvik cache
2. Flash the update, Wi-Fi modules and either on screen buttons addon OR usb fix. Also any desired addons.
3. Reboot and enjoy!
Nope. Unless your coming from Fusion and had it's modules installed. Then you'd have to reflash the rom in order to have working WiFi with the Fxp kernel
Using Fusion Kernel I get reboots occasionally?
This is a known problem with Fusion kernel. Usually a clean installation will fix this but if you can't be bothered with that, try LuPus.
I'm having problems installing?
Make sure you are using the latest fusion kernel and wiping /system before flashing.
But if all else fails, This will always work
Any battery saving tips? What CPU settings?
In both screenshots in the OP, I used these tips:
1. CPU - 184 ~ 1200mhz InteractiveX with Deadline is optimal for daily usage on the Xperia Arc S.
2. Screen - If you watch your battery stats, you will know that the screen is always the biggest drainer (unless you hardly ever use your phone and keep it in a sock drawer). Decreasing screen brightness and timeout will help lots.
3. Data - As with all Android phones, data usage is a heavy drainer. Whenever you are not in need of internet or are connected to WiFi, turning off data will help greatly.
So many different applications want to send us notifications that … more
23 Sep 2014
By Jimmy McGee
XDA Developers was founded by developers, for developers. It is now a valuable resource for people who want to make the most of their mobile devices, from customizing the look and feel to adding new functionality. Are you a developer?