Android 5.1 Possibly Coming February 2015

Google released Android 5.0 just over a month ago, and since then Lollipop has been trying to … more

Double Tap to Wake on the Nexus 6 Without Root

A few weeks ago, we featured an app which allowed the Nexus 6 to regain the double tap to wake … more

Make Your Own Heat Sink for the LG Optimus 4X HD

Its not a rare occurrence that performing a resource heavy task on your Android device (e.g. … more

Learn How to Create an Old School Dialer

XDA is not only a great source for custom ROMs, kernels, and various modifications for numerous … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Release] RTDStore - On device appstore for RT - version BETA 1

OP djboo

11th January 2013, 09:19 PM   |  #11  
Flag auxerre
Thanks Meter: 3

41 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pth6

no, I have this error with all programs

Its good with 0.31

Now all works
11th January 2013, 09:23 PM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 27

121 posts
More
Releases are to fast for me

And I confirm that work for me to.
11th January 2013, 09:32 PM   |  #13  
Recognized Developer
Flag Seattle
Thanks Meter: 2,782

5,862 posts
More
Very nice!

For the benefit of those who don't read French (I barely do), please run your error messages through a translator (or translate them yourself). It's fine to still include the originals, but it's generally easier to determine what an inexactly translated error means than it is to understand a completely un-translated one at all.
11th January 2013, 09:35 PM   |  #14  
OP Senior Member
Flag Bournemouth
Thanks Meter: 40

335 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodDayToDie

Very nice!

For the benefit of those who don't read French (I barely do), please run your error messages through a translator (or translate them yourself). It's fine to still include the originals, but it's generally easier to determine what an inexactly translated error means than it is to understand a completely un-translated one at all.

I'm just about to add versioning so it will upgrade apps when they become available. Any other requests?
11th January 2013, 10:47 PM   |  #15  
Thanks Meter: 10

178 posts
i installed v0.4 but then i start the app as admin it crashes.
my device is unlocked.
11th January 2013, 10:54 PM   |  #16  
OP Senior Member
Flag Bournemouth

335 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pujdo1

i installed v0.4 but then i start the app as admin it crashes.
my device is unlocked.

oops! dumb mistake. all fixed now in 0.41
12th January 2013, 09:01 AM   |  #17  
Thanks Meter: 0

22 posts
Prompt
Hey man good job on making this! A couple of problems, the first is that the app when put in to "maximum" state, ie snapped to the top, will underlay beneath the taskbar which hides the download button!

Bugs as of 4.01:

-IPMessage doesn't come up with a description
- I don't know if you're trying to fetch the item names from your server on every click but it often takes a bit too long for items to come up if you are to have a clean and non-frustrating experience! Storing a cache for the data that is fetched at startup could go a long way in terms of usability.
- We need an icon!!! I don't think i can live with the default VS icon any longer!

Anyway good job, keep it up champ! Any chance I could get a hold of the source?
12th January 2013, 02:33 PM   |  #18  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Kenilworth, Coventry
Thanks Meter: 13,242

11,667 posts
Donate to Me
More
Thanks for doing this. It works a treat.
13th January 2013, 08:31 PM   |  #19  
OP Senior Member
Flag Bournemouth

335 posts
Donate to Me
More
I'm looking at ways to make me not the 'owner' of this. I would like for other people to be able to add/update apps etc. Theres a few options available...

a) I have a management website and people can request a log in and that gives them the ability to add apps, and update ones they uploaded.

b) I just share a dropbox folder to trusted devs and they all can manage the apps that are available

c) I add a repository system: anyone can host apps, and the Folder structure is merged so the end user only needs to add a repository - they dont need to know which repo has what (or even we have the main server host repo files to add new repos). To host your own repro you only need basic webhosting - a dropbox 'public' folder would actually work.

c is my personal fave option, but I want to leave this up to the community.

To make it clear - im still willing to host, i just understand that some people may be made nervous by me having all the control.

As for sharing the source code - let me play with it for a week. I'm enjoying myself making this so for the moment I want to be selfish and keep having all the fun, but I promise, after next sunday, I shall set up an SVN server with the code.

Let me know what you think please.
13th January 2013, 09:12 PM   |  #20  
Thanks Meter: 3

24 posts
I personally enjoy option C as well, gives us Dev's more of a chance to get more people involved.

On a different note, has anyone had trouble installing and running CrystalBoy? The store seemingly allows me to download the program into my program folder, but when I try to run it, it tells me that the Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Can anyone shed any light for me?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread