5,597,198 Members 41,370 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[UNOFFICIAL]CM10.1 UNOFFICIAL Builds for D2VZW GSIII

Tip us?

mastamoon
Old
(Last edited by mastamoon; 31st July 2013 at 04:40 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2534

DONATE TO ME
Default [UNOFFICIAL]CM10.1 UNOFFICIAL Builds for D2VZW GSIII

This thread is for UNOFFICAL CM10.1 Builds. All are welcome to post their builds! You can find many of us in IRC, freenode #verizons3.

Other Threads of Interest
OFFICIAL CM10.1 builds - [OFFICIAL]CM10.1 Official Nightlies for D2VZW GSIII
Q&A Thread for CM10.1 - [Official] CM 10.1 Q&A Thread.
Linaro unofficial builds - [UNOFFICIAL][LINARO]CM10.1 UNOFFICIAL builds w/ Linaro for D2VZW

My 'semi'daily builds.
Here is my 7/31 build. Repo Sync @ around 11:00 AM EST

This ROM now uses a service from www.romdashboard.com that allows instant notifications and downloads of my daily updates. You will see an app in your app-drawer that enables this service called "ROMdb Dev Tool". Please don't remove this unless you don't want to use the notification service. No other mods are built in so if you block/delete/freeze that app, that should be the end of it. When an update is uploaded, you will get a notification that an update is ready. Click download and you are ready to go. The ROM gets downloaded to /sdcard/download folder.

Download - http://bit.ly/1cooKbo / MD5SUM - 88fe3b9d2b4c3988ac449f0572005894

Recommended GAPPS (20130301) - http://bit.ly/13Mcy2N
Recommended Firmware (VRBMF1) - http://bit.ly/1aIhVR3
Recommended Firmware (VRBMB1) - http://bit.ly/1b08F8h
New favorite boot animation (flash in recovery) - http://bit.ly/13Gnle3

Cherry Picks:
Reverts:
Uncommited Tweaks
  • Tweaked MMS image attachment size (attachment size limit, dimensions, user-agent and UAProf)
  • re-enabled Standalone Power Collapse - was disabled by cyanogen a few months back, just testing to see if anything bad happens turning it back on
  • tweaked LTE signalbar display

Enjoy!
d2vzw
My unofficial builds: CM10.1 / CM10.2 / CM11.x
The Following 84 Users Say Thank You to mastamoon For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

pinhead875
Old
Thanks Meter 43
Thanks, masta! You're CM10.1 build is the best I've come across, easily a daily driver. Thanks for all that you do!
hammerhead
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pinhead875 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

termleech
Old
Thanks Meter 896

DONATE TO ME
So just FYI I've got (on a CM derived ROM) audio working perfectly (and confirmed by multiple people) with no lags or stuttering. This includes bluetooth streaming, talking, etc. In call volume is working perfectly as is speakerphone. If you need any help mastamoon getting it working on your builds let me know I'll be happy to help.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to termleech For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Chris123NT
Old
(Last edited by Chris123NT; 11th January 2013 at 06:53 PM.)
Thanks Meter 395
Quote:
Originally Posted by termleech View Post
So just FYI I've got (on a CM derived ROM) audio working perfectly (and confirmed by multiple people) with no lags or stuttering. This includes bluetooth streaming, talking, etc. In call volume is working perfectly as is speakerphone. If you need any help mastamoon getting it working on your builds let me know I'll be happy to help.
Well this would just be awesome. This is exactly what I'm looking for, a build with all of these things working. I was so happy when BT audio worked in the beginning, and then they borked it in the name of open source lol.

And the worst part is JB TW ROMs crackle on BT for me, but ICS roms are fine, which makes no sense whatsoever but whatever.
Google Nexus 5
ROM: CM 11.0 (My Own Builds)
Kernel: Franco
Launcher: Nova Prime

Previous Phones:
Samsung Galaxy S4 Dev Edition VZW - Bricked and samsung told me to go pound sand
Samsung Galaxy SIII VZW

Recon0212
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Sweet, I've used your build before. Now has the most recent ones fixed the weak signal issues? I have full bars where I am now on 4.1.2, but with 4.2 before I had 0-1

M Diddy
Old
Thanks Meter 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Recon0212 View Post
Sweet, I've used your build before. Now has the most recent ones fixed the weak signal issues? I have full bars where I am now on 4.1.2, but with 4.2 before I had 0-1
Probobly not as the RIL is still a mess on 4.2 for the d2.

I know the CM guys are working on (invisiblek) so hopefully we'll have some stuff ironed out soon.

Recon0212
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by M Diddy View Post

I know the CM guys are working on (invisiblek) so hopefully we'll have some stuff ironed out soon.
Figured, it's a shame, I really like CM10.1

M Diddy
Old
Thanks Meter 31
Masta,

One thing. I'm on your 1-10 build and everything is gravy, except battery life. For some reason, Maps is using a lot of battery even though I haven't even opened the app. Any idea what's causing that?

mastamoon
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2534

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Masta,

One thing. I'm on your 1-10 build and everything is gravy, except battery life. For some reason, Maps is using a lot of battery even though I haven't even opened the app. Any idea what's causing that?
I hear opening and closing Maps fixes battery drain. I keep maps frozen on my phone to stop all battery drain from location services. I don't think anything I pick/reverted should cause battery issues, but one never knows.
d2vzw
My unofficial builds: CM10.1 / CM10.2 / CM11.x

termleech
Old
Thanks Meter 896

DONATE TO ME
Quote:

There are a couple things recently merged into CM that will help with that and a couple cherry picks you can do. My signal on my build is as good as it was on 4.1.