Before we start , A bit of background as I've been reading these forums and I am aware how some may find this a contenious subject, So before anyone goes accusing me of any illegality let me say I have a Kindle Fire 2 and Kindle Fire HD, both in demomode as they were acquired from the Comet UK Firesale after the company went bankrupt late last , Unfortunately I don't think the staff where that dedicated to customer service at that point.
Right Down to business - So in the doing the research the obviously the Factory Cable Method and that's about it isn't it? I thought I have a little play around as my solder skills aren't the great.
The Firmware on the Device is 10.0.2.A I'd expect this to work on earlier firmware, Later ones however I'm not so sure, The Aforementioned Fire HD which I also have has had the Final Part of the process I'm going to describe fixed.
What You Need: Your Fingers and A Wifi network you can connect to!
1. Boot The Fire, Touch To Try The Fire and Run.
2. With the device in Potrait, Press in the search box , three options should appear below the search box ( Libraries , Stores and Web )
3. Press Web. I was the informed I had no network connection, and very nicely asked "If I wished to sign in?"
4. Press the Wireless Settings button which should take you to the wireless network settings. where you can configure a network
5. Download an apk file, any apk file will do , google code have lot, and I've heard this other site, I think it begins with an X They also have a couple
6. Pull the Nofication Bar Down, You should have a notification that the download is complete, Click to install
7. You'll Should Get a notification about non amazon prime apps not being allowed along with the option to change that setting,
8. Press the Settings button to take you into the Device menu. From there you can get into developer option and turn USB Debugging On!
9. An For the Icing on the cake , you can restart adb as root from your PC. as demo seems to have an insecure boot image. lol so you don't even need any root explioits.
Not much else to say other than "All you are demo modes belong to us", I'm glad I didn't go with plan A to update the firmware.
Note: Don't worry If it restart demo mode in the middle as your wifi connection settings are perisisted
Also Keep Unknown Application Sources off and you'll be able to run this process as many times as you like.
I'll post pictures etc later on as I've not removed demo yet. I've not remove demo mode yet.
Like I say this could be very specific to just this version the firmware
Hack On People!