[LOCKED BL/Jellybean support] LG Optimus L9 Recovery Installer | v18.104.22.168 27.04.13
Hi, I present you CWM Recovery 6 with easy apk installer for LG L9 (For now tested P760 and P765). It has few bugs but This recovery is stable for use. Now It supports JellyBean and other roms.
Recovery tested on: P760, P765, P768 (on other variants recovery also should work)
If you have unlocked bootloader use this better recovery: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2394985
What is working:
What isn't working:
- Backup and Restore
- Installing zip
- All partitions are mounted
- Internal SD Card fully working!
- SD-EXT partition (only ext3)
- External and Internal SD USB Mount (can't be fixed because recovery don't allow to mount mtp, copy files through adb or use this app to copy: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1057059)
- LG L9
- Correct busybox
<MOD EDIT - PPC LINK REMOVED>
- Download and Install apk
- Run L9 Recovery Installer
- Press Install/Update Recovery
- Press CWM ICS/JB (Stable)
- Click Yes, Install Recovery
Recovery can be updated on older version normally through Install/Update Recovery
Fix for users which didn't have error during installation, but they can't boot to recovery (thanks for @Tablechair for detailed instructions
Booting to recovery:
Originally Posted by Tablechair
Video of installing and booting to recovery: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCO_I2TgowE
- Turn off phone
- Turn on, when LG logo appears and leds will be blinking press and hold vol down button
- You are in recovery
- You can also use option in CWM installer to reboot to CWM
- Delete /system/bootstrap directory
- Delete /system/bin/e2fck
- Rename /system/bin/e2fck.bin to e2fck
milaq - for the CWM Installer for Prada. I was basing on this recovery.
About SD-EXT support
I added support for sd-ext partition. For now only ext3 partition works. To use compatible with my recovery sd-ext parition I reccomend to partition sd card usung Advanced>Partition SD Card in my recovery. All data will be deleted! After this paritioning sd-ext works with my recovery and Link2SD. If you partition SD Card in recovery don't try to create swap partition, because we haven't got support for swap.
- Support for Jellybean and other roms
- Stable SD-EXT (ext3) support
- Fixed ADB, now working correctly
- Changed some text to make installer cleaner
- Changes only to test version
- SD-EXT support, but it is still in testing. See Notes above changelog, because sd-ext don't work in 100% (you must partition sd card with recovery)
- All bugs fixed
- Can't still mount Internal and External SD because can't mount in recovery through MTP, please copy files through adb or use this app to copy: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1057059)
- Fixed Internal SD
- Some texts in apk changed
Q: How to install and use this?
A: Everything wrote in this theard.
Q: What is CWM?
A: Here it is: http://forum.xda-developers.com/wiki...rkMod_Recovery
Q: When I do Backup in CWM and check backup folder size i see size about 20 mb, my backup should be about 1 GB?
A: Don't worry. CWM since 6 version use diffrent backup format. CWM don't store everything in backup directory, It uses diffrent directories and backup structute. Everything is OK!
Q: I installed CWM and it don't boot.
A: Check if You propely installed this CWM, nad check if you propely boot to recovery. Maybe you tried to install other recovery? If It still doesn't work reflash firmware with KDZ (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2085344
), and try to install on clean, rooted rom.
Download for all my projects: artas182x.tk
I stopped supporting my project on all boards. Use my wesbite to report bugs and comment.
If you want buy me a beer
My projects: ClockworkMod Recovery for L9 ICS/JB (Bootstrap)
| Ubuntu Touch for L9
| L9 Rom tweaks
from ExperiencedSeries | CyanogenMod 11 for L9 Optimus L9
Press like : https://www.facebook.com/artas182x