Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
Just for the hell of it, I tried installing Firefox 1.08. I wouldn't bother reporting except some weird stuff happened:
1. Running the installing through win86emu started a self-extractor program that ran extremely slowly and at max CPU usage, after around a minute it had yet to show a single bar of progress. Extracting using 7z took only a few seconds for the whole thing.
2. Running the extracted installer "worked" except that the installer program tossed up an error MessageBox: "File not found: install.ini". After that it exited (errorcode 0). This is weird because install.ini is definitely present in the extraction folder, and can be opened successfully. I tried copying it to the win86emu folder or even the system32 folder, just in case; no dice. Whatever the reason might be, the installer apparently can't open that file.