5,593,401 Members 36,360 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Can't get Beautiful Widgets to work

Tip us?
 
prokennexusa
Old
(Last edited by prokennexusa; 14th January 2013 at 08:24 PM.) Reason: Removed the apk
#11  
prokennexusa's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 937
Posts: 2,637
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Petaluma

 
DONATE TO ME
Prompt Beautiful Widgets on Kindle Fire HD and 2 - Version 4.10.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmonsta View Post
Thanks for the update! Looks like everyone has as an earlier version which works

Sent from my KFTT using xda app-developers app
Cmonsta,

Look what I found on our storage array? Beautiful Widgets V4.10.2 this is an older version:

<<Cmonsta PM us for the link - Leflou has distributed this version at N/C but the WILL NOT

support version 4.10.2.>>

Before you attempt to install this version be sure to remove the new version, reboot

then install this version. When the developer responds with a fix I will post it to this

forum.
Best Regards, Chris Bryant (prokennexusa Team Member)


The Noob Guys, where Simplicity is Key......

Skype: prokennexusa (Online 10am to 2am PST)
Main Line: (707) 774-5923

KFFA Bug Tracking: http://mantis.canonicaldev.com
Pastebin for Info: http://pastebin.canonicaldev.com/

Facebook: prokennexusa@gmail.com
Twitter: #prokennexus

Search XDA for Noob............More to come!
 
kgyuszko
Old
#12  
Member
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 46
Join Date: Jan 2013
Default confused!

Quote:
Originally Posted by prokennexusa View Post
Cmonsta,

Look what I found on our storage array? Beautiful Widgets V4.10.2 this is an older version:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/54456659/be...102-4.10.2.apk

Before you attempt to install this version be sure to remove the new version, reboot

then install this version. When the developer responds with a fix I will post it to this

forum.

Hi everyone, not sure if i am being completly stupid here, but when i unzip the zip file to desktop ready to transfer to KFHD, i was looking for the .apk expension, but i get 3 or 4 folders and no .apk file?- am i missing something, or just being a noob
 
Reborn627
Old
(Last edited by Reborn627; 14th January 2013 at 09:39 PM.)
#13  
Reborn627's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 28
Posts: 303
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Goffstown, NH
OK, I'm not trying to start anything or be a jerk. That is definitely not my intention. However, because Beautiful Widgets is a paid app/widget is it right to post it here? I'm just curious whether this is a violation of some sort. If the makers of the app/widget have given permission I'll shut my mouth and move on. I understand that the version posted is an older version but in all of my searching, even older version of BW were not free.

Again, I'm just asking a question. I'm not trying to start anything.

Thanks,
Ray
 
prokennexusa
Old
#14  
prokennexusa's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 937
Posts: 2,637
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Petaluma

 
DONATE TO ME
Default Beautiful Widgets on Kindle Fire HD and 2 - Version 4.10.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reborn627 View Post
OK, I'm not trying to start anything or be a jerk. That is definitely not my intention. However, because Beautiful Widgets is a paid app/widget is it right to post it here? I'm just curious whether this is a violation of some sort. If the makers of the app/widget have given permission I'll shut my mouth and move on. I understand that the version posted is an older version but in all of my searching, even older version of BW were not free.

Again, I'm just asking a question. I'm not trying to start anything.

Thanks,
Ray
Reborn627 (Ray),

This was distributed to us through Leflou at Levelup Studio, she stated "since this is an unsupported version, it is OK to

post the answer to your client but be aware we no longer support this version, so if there is a problem, we will not be

able to help..." Do not worry Reborn627, I am extremely cautious regarding distributing software and since I can

communicate with Cmonsta through PM, I will remove the post just to keep everyone happy.

---------- Post added at 12:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:21 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgyuszko View Post
Hi everyone, not sure if i am being completly stupid here, but when i unzip the zip file to desktop ready to transfer to KFHD, i was looking for the .apk expension, but i get 3 or 4 folders and no .apk file?- am i missing something, or just being a noob
kgyuszko,

We posted the link in error, unless you own a Beautiful Widget license, this version can not be distributed

to you, sorry for the confusion. We have removed the link and software.
Best Regards, Chris Bryant (prokennexusa Team Member)


The Noob Guys, where Simplicity is Key......

Skype: prokennexusa (Online 10am to 2am PST)
Main Line: (707) 774-5923

KFFA Bug Tracking: http://mantis.canonicaldev.com
Pastebin for Info: http://pastebin.canonicaldev.com/

Facebook: prokennexusa@gmail.com
Twitter: #prokennexus

Search XDA for Noob............More to come!
 
Reborn627
Old
#15  
Reborn627's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 28
Posts: 303
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Goffstown, NH
Thanks for clarification, Chris.

Peace
 
prokennexusa
Old
#16  
prokennexusa's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 937
Posts: 2,637
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Petaluma

 
DONATE TO ME
Wink Link Removed - Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reborn627 View Post
Thanks for clarification, Chris.

Peace
Reborn627,

No worries Reborn627, have a great week and a successful 2013.
Best Regards, Chris Bryant (prokennexusa Team Member)


The Noob Guys, where Simplicity is Key......

Skype: prokennexusa (Online 10am to 2am PST)
Main Line: (707) 774-5923

KFFA Bug Tracking: http://mantis.canonicaldev.com
Pastebin for Info: http://pastebin.canonicaldev.com/

Facebook: prokennexusa@gmail.com
Twitter: #prokennexus

Search XDA for Noob............More to come!
 
prokennexusa
Old
#17  
prokennexusa's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 937
Posts: 2,637
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Petaluma

 
DONATE TO ME
Thumbs up Can't Not Get Beautiful Widgets To Work On The Kindle Fire HD and 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmonsta View Post
So I installed Widget app picker so I can choose widgets on my KFHD. But I can't get Beautiful Widgets to work. It always closes. I've tried searching for the answer. I apologize if there's already a topic on this. I've seen screenshots of others getting it to work. Need help! Thanks in advance
Cmonsta,

I know this has been a long time but last night the solution came to us! If you have a Kindle Fire 2 or HD with Root permissions please follow these steps to get the latest version of Beautiful Widgets to work on the Kindle Fire HD Series or Kindle Fire 2:

Step 1: Install a Beautiful Widgets license by using Google Play Store - Search for Beautiful Widgets and select Beautiful Widgets from Levelup Studio (pay attention to the logo, we will use this in the next step) select Install, then Accept & download - wait for the package to install

Step 2: Using either ES File Explorer or Root Explorer, navigate to /data/app folder, find the icon that matches the above install. The icon will be named something like: com.levelup.beautifulwidgets or com.levelup.beautifulwidgets.apk - please long press on the icon named com.levelup.beautifulwidgets.apk (may have a slightly different name on your kindle) select Move. Next Move com.levelup.beautifulwidgets.apk to /system/app

Step 3: Next find com.levelup.beautifulwidgets.apk in system/app folder. Long press on com.levelup.beautifulwidgets.apk and select Permissions on Root Explorer or Properties on ES File Explorer. Change the Permissions to User: Read Write Group: Read and Others: Read

Step 4: Reboot the Kindle

Step 5: Add a Beautiful Widget - the service no longer crashes
Best Regards, Chris Bryant (prokennexusa Team Member)


The Noob Guys, where Simplicity is Key......

Skype: prokennexusa (Online 10am to 2am PST)
Main Line: (707) 774-5923

KFFA Bug Tracking: http://mantis.canonicaldev.com
Pastebin for Info: http://pastebin.canonicaldev.com/

Facebook: prokennexusa@gmail.com
Twitter: #prokennexus

Search XDA for Noob............More to come!
 
Cmonsta
Old
#18  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 12
Join Date: May 2011
Thumbs up Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by prokennexusa View Post
Cmonsta,

I know this has been a long time but last night the solution came to us! If you have a Kindle Fire 2 or HD with Root permissions please follow these steps to get the latest version of Beautiful Widgets to work on the Kindle Fire HD Series or Kindle Fire 2:

Step 1: Install a Beautiful Widgets license by using Google Play Store - Search for Beautiful Widgets and select Beautiful Widgets from Levelup Studio (pay attention to the logo, we will use this in the next step) select Install, then Accept & download - wait for the package to install

Step 2: Using either ES File Explorer or Root Explorer, navigate to /data/app folder, find the icon that matches the above install. The icon will be named something like: com.levelup.beautifulwidgets or com.levelup.beautifulwidgets.apk - please long press on the icon named com.levelup.beautifulwidgets.apk (may have a slightly different name on your kindle) select Move. Next Move com.levelup.beautifulwidgets.apk to /system/app

Step 3: Next find com.levelup.beautifulwidgets.apk in system/app folder. Long press on com.levelup.beautifulwidgets.apk and select Permissions on Root Explorer or Properties on ES File Explorer. Change the Permissions to User: Read Write Group: Read and Others: Read

Step 4: Reboot the Kindle

Step 5: Add a Beautiful Widget - the service no longer crashes
Thanks for the update!
 
prokennexusa
Old
#19  
prokennexusa's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 937
Posts: 2,637
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Petaluma

 
DONATE TO ME
Default Can't get Beautiful Widgets to work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmonsta View Post
Thanks for the update!
Cmonsta,

Thank you for taking the time to post feedback. If you need anything else, please let us know.
Best Regards, Chris Bryant (prokennexusa Team Member)


The Noob Guys, where Simplicity is Key......

Skype: prokennexusa (Online 10am to 2am PST)
Main Line: (707) 774-5923

KFFA Bug Tracking: http://mantis.canonicaldev.com
Pastebin for Info: http://pastebin.canonicaldev.com/

Facebook: prokennexusa@gmail.com
Twitter: #prokennexus

Search XDA for Noob............More to come!
 
kgyuszko
Old
#20  
Member
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 46
Join Date: Jan 2013
Default Query?

Quote:
Originally Posted by prokennexusa View Post
Cmonsta,

I know this has been a long time but last night the solution came to us! If you have a Kindle Fire 2 or HD with Root permissions please follow these steps to get the latest version of Beautiful Widgets to work on the Kindle Fire HD Series or Kindle Fire 2:

Step 1: Install a Beautiful Widgets license by using Google Play Store - Search for Beautiful Widgets and select Beautiful Widgets from Levelup Studio (pay attention to the logo, we will use this in the next step) select Install, then Accept & download - wait for the package to install

Step 2: Using either ES File Explorer or Root Explorer, navigate to /data/app folder, find the icon that matches the above install. The icon will be named something like: com.levelup.beautifulwidgets or com.levelup.beautifulwidgets.apk - please long press on the icon named com.levelup.beautifulwidgets.apk (may have a slightly different name on your kindle) select Move. Next Move com.levelup.beautifulwidgets.apk to /system/app

Step 3: Next find com.levelup.beautifulwidgets.apk in system/app folder. Long press on com.levelup.beautifulwidgets.apk and select Permissions on Root Explorer or Properties on ES File Explorer. Change the Permissions to User: Read Write Group: Read and Others: Read

Step 4: Reboot the Kindle

Step 5: Add a Beautiful Widget - the service no longer crashes

Hi Guys

Followed this to the letter, and it works, and doesnt appear to crash... but (and this has the potential to be a really d'oh moment)
Beautiful widget is installed, as i can double click icon , and change settings, but the actual widget, how to i get it on screen???its not available under add widgets,so what am i doing wrong!1

I have rooted the kfhd by the way

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Prevent Unwanted Butt Dialing with Smart Pocket Guard

You may recall that back in August of last year, we took a look atAir SwiperbyXDA … more

Google ATAP Details Project Ara in Developers’ Conference

Earlier today, the Google ATAP teamkicked offits first ever Project Ara … more

HTC Sense 6 Ported to the Nexus 5

The Google Nexus 5 is regarded as having everything an Android user needs or wants: timely updates, … more