[BACKUP][RECOVERY] Kindle Fire HD and 2 First Aide Software - Noob (Simple) Version

In your opinion, when looking back at this thread, how easy were the instructions?

• Total voters
Search This thread

prokennexusa

Jan 12, 2012
Petaluma
plus.google.com
In this Noob series, we will use a software package that will automate the backup, restore and recovery process among many other features - this is a 'Swiss Army Knife' for the Kindle. This tool has been in development for some time now and is still in Beta, although it has been thoroughly tested and can be used safely. This tool is designed to backup, recover and restore the Kindle Fire 2 7", the Kindle Fire HD 7" and the Kindle Fire HD 8.9" (HD 8.9" Does Not Require The Factory USB Cable). The download size is less than 14 MB and automates several processes, no command line knowledge required. Please post any bugs to this Thread so we can quickly make changes to the software, then post an update. Most Bugs are solved within 24 hours.

To keep your Kindle safe, we have integrated this feature into our software, You do not need any command line knowledge, just as simple as 1, 2, and 3.

Prerequisites for the Recover Options:
1. Install The Latest Version Of Java SE: Java SE Development Kit 7u13

If you are uncomfortable with these procedure, please stop and contact us, we specialize in Kindle customization and development. You can ship the Kindle to our office and have us install all the upgrades, then return it to you turn-key. This service is fee based, contact our office for additional information.

SOFTWARE UPDATE (CRITICAL RELEASE) ON 06/30/2013 Version 4.1.100 - PLEASE DOWNLOAD THE ENTIRE PACKAGE IF YOUR VERSION IS DATED PRIOR TO THIS RELEASE DATE.

WARNING! THIS TOOL CAN PERMANENTLY DAMAGE THE KINDLE IF IT IS NOT USED PROPERLY. DO NOT FLASH THE
KINDLE FIRE 2 IMAGE TO A KINDLE FIRE HD OR FLASH A KINDLE FIRE HD 7" TO A KINDLE FIRE 8.9" DEVICE. THIS
WILL CAUSE PERMANENT DAMAGE THAT CAN NOT BE REVERSED. ONLY FLASH THE CORRECT MODEL SOFTWARE
TO YOUR DEVICE.

HOW TO UPGRADE KINDLE FIRE FIRST AIDE:
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=38435305&postcount=1072

HOW TO CREATE THE WINDOWS PATH: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=38409721&postcount=1018

HOW TO FIX THE YELLOW KINDLE TRIANGLE:
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=38432739&postcount=1062

These are the current features on Version 4.1.100-beta:

• Images are stored securely on our 100TB storage array on a Gigabyte Infrastructure
  • Download is fast - script is fast and lightweight
  • Secure SSL on all images to eliminate image hacking
  • All images are stored behind a firewall with IDS
  • Restores fresh system.img, boot.img and recovery.img
  • Fresh Restore Support the Kindle Fire 2 7"
  • Fresh Restore Support the Kindle Fire HD 7"
  • Fresh Restore Supports the Kindle Fire HD 8.9"
  • Fresh Restore Currently supports software Rev x.2.3
  • ChainsDD Superuser APK and SU Binary Included
  • Automated Backup - Full and Partial Backup
  • Automated Amazon OTA (Over The Air) Disable
  • No Command line Knowledge Required
  • Automated Device Reboot After Restore
  • Pulls Device Information
  • Automated ADB Driver Install
  • Reboot the Kindle into Fastboot Mode
  • Software Support for x.2.4 where applicable
  • Software Support for x.1.5 where applicable
  • Easy Upgrade or Downgrade option
  • Automated Root - Two Versions
  • Automated Google Play Store Installation
  • Automated Google Apps Installation
  • Wipe Dalvik Cache
  • Automated Restoration of the Backup Files
  • Automated Pimp My Beats Install
  • Automated Sony Bravia "Best Resolution Audio Visual Integrated Architecture" Installation
  • Automated Sony xLoud Installation
  • Automated Pimp My Beats Audio Upgrade Installation
  • Android Fix Permissions Script
  • Automated Disable Amazon Ad Services
  • Make Google Play Store The Default Market
  • Unroot For Amazon Returns
  • Install Apex Launcher
  • Install Holo Launcher
  • Install Boat Browser with Flash Player
  • VPN and SIP VoIP Client Install
  • Automated Permission Fixer
  • Automated Alternative Driver Install
  • Automated Busybox Installer
  • Automated Wallpaper Mod
  • Automated Lock Screen Upgrade
  • Fix Broken Install Script
  • AVIC Alice TTS Upgrade
  • Automated Launcher Install which will includes over 2 Launcher Options
  • Flash Custom Recovery
  • Side-load Zip Files like the latest Google Apps Pack
  • Automated TTS (Text To Speech) Install - AVIC Alice
  • Automated Install, Upgrade and Correct ADB
  • Superuser Upgrade Service
  • Install ChainFire 3D Upgrade

These are the features we will offer soon in 4.2.4 and up:

• Automated APK Install - Single or Multiple APK's
  • Automated Flash support for Titanium Backup Update.zip Files
  • Automatic Update feature so you are always using the latest version
  • Automated Push and Pull files to and from the Kindle to PC
  • Automated build.prop editor
  • Automated Tune Up and Deodex
  • Automated services.jar editor
  • Remote Storage Option for your boot.img recovery.img and system.img Backup Files
  • Information and Help
  • Special Kindle Toolkit, Tips and Tricks
  • Pull the System Logs (LogCat) to help solve problems
  • Dump Bug Reports to your PC
  • Open Command Prompt for Developers or for Manual Input
  • Automated Custom ROM Support
  • Automated TTS Voice Editor
  • Your Choice of Media Player Upgrades
  • 180 DPI Support
  • Automated Keyboard Upgrade with Framework Edits Included
  • Automated Amazon Book Import to Google Books
  • Much more to come......................
Now let's get to the software itself. The following is step-by-step guide, please DO NOT modify the batch file in any
way, this took us weeks to perfect, so please respect the code. If you have recommendations, please post them,
we love to give you the feature that are important to YOU not us.

Kindle Fire First Aide Step 1: Using Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome or Internet Explorer Download Kindle Fire First Aide 4.1.100-Beta:
KFFirstAide.zip

Note: Be sure to extract the package to C:\KFFirstAide

Update Java To The Latest Version here: Java SE Development Kit 7u25

Kindle Fire First Aide Step 2: Using either 7-Zip or Microsoft Zip, unzip the KFFirstAide100.zip to your C:\ Drive as C:\KFFirstAide

Kindle Fire First Aide Step 3: With your mouse, open the C:\KFFirstAide contents by double mouse clicking the C:\KFFirstAide folder

Kindle Fire First Aide Step 4: Find the RunMe.bat file. Right Hand Mouse click on RunMe.bat, select 'Send to', select Desktop (Create Shortcut). Now press the Left Hand Mouse button to create the Shortcut named RunMe.bat. Temporary disable the Android SDK.

Kindle Fire First Aide Step 5: Find the RunMe Shortcut on your desktop, select it by left mouse click over the icon, then while on the icon choose Right Hand mouse click, select Properties.

Kindle Fire First Aide Step 6: This will display the RunMe properties. Select the General Tab, change the top name to KF First Aide. Then click on the Shortcut tab, click on Advanced. Check 'Run as Administrator', click OK, then click Apply, then click OK. All windows should be closed.

Kindle Fire First Aide Step 7: Double Mouse Click the new Icon named KF First Aide. You may be presented with a security window, just click Yes.

Kindle Fire First Aide Step 8: Please click on the Windows Key plus Pause/Break, this will display the Windows System Properties. Next Click on the Advanced Tab and find "Environment Variables". Please click on Environment Variables and find the Path Statement. Carefully add at the end of the Path Statement:

Code:
;C:\KFFirstAide

Note: Do Not forget the (;) semi-colon before the C:\KFFirstAide

Kindle Fire First Aide Step 9: That is it! The software is ready. Next we get the Kindle ready to Flash.

Kindle Fire First Aide Step 10: Next, go to the Kindle, pull down the status menu, select More+ then select Security, make sure Enable ADB is ON. Last, depress the <- and select Device. Make sure 'Allow Installation of Applications' is On.

Kindle Fire First Aide Step 11: Insert the Original USB Cable to the Kindle, please ensure you have a solid connection, this is VERY critical.

Kindle Fire First Aide Step 12: Next, make sure the Kindle Fire is Turned Off. Take the other end of the USB Cable and carefully inset it into a free USB Slot on your Computer - be careful to not disconnect the other end.

Kindle Fire First Aide Step 13 : The Kindle Fire should automatically turn on and boot regular Bootmode. If the Kindle does not turn on depress the power button until it turns on. Next select Option 15 in the Software. The Kindle will reboot and will now see a screen that says: Fastboot Kindle Fire.

Note: If Option 15 does not trigger the Kindle to boot into Fastboot, then your Bootloader is damaged. Please send SkOrPn a PM to order a Factory USB Cable.

Kindle Fire First Aide Step 14: Place the Kindle on a safe surface so it does not disconnect when running the software.

Kindle Fire First Aide Step 15: Launch the KF First Aide software by double mouse clicking on the KF First Aide icon.

Kindle Fire First Aide Step 16: You will be presented with a Kindle Fire First Aide Menu, carefully select the operations you would like to perform on the Kindle.

Kindle Fire First Aide Step 17: If the option states "Fastboot" you need to leave the Kindle as noted above, this is Fastboot Mode. As the last operation be sure to Wipe the Cache and User Data which is Backup Option 3 in the Menu.

Kindle Fire First Aide Step 18: Next, we will disable "Fastboot Mode" and enable ADB on the Kindle Fire. Select Option 10 in the Software Menu, the Kindle will Reboot into Regular Mode.

Kindle Fire First Aide Step 19: You may now perform the 'ADB Mode' options in the Menu.

Kindle Fire First Aide Note 1: Remember, after you perform the full Recovery, you are working with a Fresh Copy of the Software. ADB is disabled by default so be sure to Enable ADB under Security and Allow Installation of Programs under the Device Tab.

Kindle Fire First Aide Note 2: After the complete restore, please be sure to clear the Davlik Cache and the User Data by selecting Backup Option #3. You may also wipe the User Data and Cache by opening a Administrative Command Prompt within the KFFirstAide Folder and enter:

Code:
fastboot -i 0x1949 erase cache
fastboot -i 0x1949 erase userdata 
fastboot -i 0x1949 reboot

Kindle Fire First Aide Note 3: The original versions of the Kindle Fire HD 8.9" with a software Versions 8.2.3 or 8.2.4 may find there Kindle Boot-loader loops to a Red Fastboot Screen. If your Kindle is stuck in Fastboot, please follow these steps to recover the Boot-loader: How To Recover Kindle Fire HD 8.9" Bootloader*

Note: Please be aware of two main options in the Menu - one is Fastboot Mode where you have several Menu Operations that use Fastboot to execute properly and two is ADB Mode where you have several Menu Operations that use ADB to execute properly.

Backup Option #1 Note: When selecting Backup Option 1 the images will be backed up to the SD Card in a folder named KindleBackup. Please copy this folder to your desktop until we are able to upload it to our secure servers. There will be a restore option in the future that will automatically pull YOUR images for restoration. There is a known Bug in Windows where you will not see the images in the Kindle Internal Drive which can be found in Computer. To overcome this issue, please download and install WiFi File Transfer then open your Web Browser to transfer these Backup files from your Kindle to the PC.

Backup Option #2 Note: When selecting Backup Option 2 the images are first copied to the Kindle, then they are transfered to your Computer inside a folder named Backup which can be found inside the C:\KFFirstAide folder.

If this was helpful and you would like to support our work, please send us a donation using this link:
http://xdaforums.com/dona....php?u=4435645

We would like to thank Mark Skippen for the "Toolkit" idea. Mark is a real master with Samsung products and his profile can be found here: mskip anyone who owns a Samsung or Samsung built (Nexus) product should obtain his Toolkit.

*Note: After several conference calls with the Amazon Development Team we found Amazon applied a patch to the Bootloader in an effort to lock down the Bootloader, this patch rarely causes the Bootloader to stick or Bootloop, please use the above link to release the Bootloader. We have removed this patch from the boot-prod.img eliminating future issues with recovered HD 8.9" users.

Last edited:

prokennexusa

Jan 12, 2012
Petaluma
plus.google.com
Follow Up - Feedback

You guys rock!

Sent from my KFHD7 using xda premium

Krsmqn,

We thought of you when we were developing this package, It took us over 4 months to perfect. We held back many feature, just wait until we release the Production Version of 4.2.3, it even made us smile:D. As we have said before,
we are truly honored to be part of the XDA Community and feel blessed to be able to offer this software to XDA Members. This package and version 4.2.3 is fee based elsewhere.

SkOrPn

Jun 3, 2007
Albuquerque, NM
www.planetamd64.com
LOL, you typed in my user name so many times that I'm afraid if anyone does a Google search for me they will get re-directed to this thread first and foremost :p

I am honored you feel so highly about my work, really I do. Thanks for all you do as well. Wish I could develop software, but I am a hardware developer myself. Its Devs like you that make me want to own a Kindle, lol :good:

Krsmqn

Jan 23, 2012
OnePlus 7 Pro
Google Pixel 5
I was born to tinker... so this is definitely for me.

Questions on Version 4.2.3beta:

Does it come with preloaded non-stock launchers?

Will my device be rooted afterwards?

Will google apps be preloaded?

Or is it going to be like out-of-the-box new /with tweaks?

Thanks.

prokennexusa

Jan 12, 2012
Petaluma
plus.google.com
[Recovery Backup] Kindle Fire HD and 2 First Aide - Software - Noob (Simple) Version

I was born to tinker... so this is definitely for me.

Questions on Version 4.2.3beta:

Does it come with preloaded non-stock launchers?

Will my device be rooted afterwards?

Will google apps be preloaded?

Or is it going to be like out-of-the-box new /with tweaks?

Thanks.

Krsmqn,

As we said, we really did think of you as we were developing the package. I said to my developer, "we have to notify

XDA User Krsmqn as soon as we launch this package...". The current Beta release includes all the 17 features mentioned

above including preinstalled ChainsDD Superuser so it is Rooted. By the time you get the cable, we will have released the

production version 4.2.3 which should include menu options to install: Nova Launcher, Go Launcher, Apex Launcher and

ADW Launcher. We will also have a menu option to install Google Play and Google Apps. In release 4.2.4 we will have

over 40 additional features which will include but not limited to: automated v6 Supercharging, automated build.prop

edits, automated services.jar refinements, automated Deodoxed, Automated Zip-alignment, and much much much more!

Just post what you would like to see immediately in production release 4.2.3 and what you would like to see in future

releases.

prokennexusa

Jan 12, 2012
Petaluma
plus.google.com
Follow Up - Feedback

LOL, you typed in my user name so many times that I'm afraid if anyone does a Google search for me they will get re-directed to this thread first and foremost :p

I am honored you feel so highly about my work, really I do. Thanks for all you do as well. Wish I could develop software, but I am a hardware developer myself. Its Devs like you that make me want to own a Kindle, lol :good:

SkOrPn,

Yes, true, this is why your name has a redirect to your profile, so if anyone clicks on your name it immediately redirects

to you. Hey SkOrPn you do good work and good work needs to be acknowledged. We are very picky company with the

people we choose to support but once we make that choice we are extremely loyal to the vendor. This software package

is in it's infancy and very raw. We plan to change the code to C# and pack everything into one executable for

portability, so anyone who does field service work can place this app on a thumb drive and launch it from the customer's

site. I love software development since the options here are limitless. Since mskip focuses on the Samsung, we decided

to focus on the Kindle and stay away from his area of expertise. Once this package is polished we will be ready to launch

custom ROM's for the Kindle. Much more to come.................

Hay, thank you for posting comments on our thread.:good:

Reactions: quan_1986

BELASCO

Nov 28, 2012
H-Town, Texas
I'd like to see some tts/voice alternatives.

---------- Post added at 10:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:17 PM ----------

Excellent cable, sir. Already saved my a$$.

prokennexusa

Jan 12, 2012
Petaluma
plus.google.com
Kindle Fire First Aide Feature Request

I'd like to see some tts/voice alternatives.

---------- Post added at 10:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:17 PM ----------

Excellent cable, sir. Already saved my a$$.

BELASCO,

Done. The request has been added to the software manifest, we will have this feature added before production

version #4.2.3. Thank you for making the feature request.

Reactions: lillygrl321

BELASCO

Nov 28, 2012
H-Town, Texas
Making it "noob-friendly" to install new keyboards could be another consideration:. I'm enjoying the so-called "Hacker's Keyboard", but I recall having to jump through firey hoops to install it.

Reactions: bothered

prokennexusa

Jan 12, 2012
Petaluma
plus.google.com
Kindle Fire First Aide Feature Request

Making it "noob-friendly" to install new keyboards could be another consideration:. I'm enjoying the so-called "Hacker's Keyboard", but I recall having to jump through firey hoops to install it.

BELASCO,

That is a great request! I will add this to the Software Manifest now. Great idea BELASCO - no problem to automate that

install. I am aware of the difficulty and it can be done through automation. Thanks again!

prokennexusa

Jan 12, 2012
Petaluma
plus.google.com

Krsmqn

Jan 23, 2012
OnePlus 7 Pro
Google Pixel 5
Software

I'd like to see something that allows easily changed wallpaper. Something that allows you to add your own photos. I'm an amateur photographer with several HQ pictures that I'd like to have as wallpapers.

With photo's in mind, some kind of script, or whatever, that would allow you to customize and add pictures in the stock locker. I like the stock locker so I kept it. I just wish I could add a whole bunch of personal photos to it.

One more thing. When the DPI is lowered, the normal android lock screen returns but it has a black background. I have my DPI set at 180 and the black lock screen is still there. I like that locker too but wouldn't want to keep it w/o pictures. Only problem is, I love that look when the DPI is lowered. I really want to keep it at 180. So if there's any way to add the ability to add photos to the locker when the DPI is set below whatever the change point is, that'd be sweet.

Thanks.

P.S. per the media player idea, I like Pro Player. Just an idea.

prokennexusa

Jan 12, 2012
Petaluma
plus.google.com
Kindle Fire First Aide Feature Request - Wallpaper

I'd like to see something that allows easily changed wallpaper. Something that allows you to add your own photos. I'm an amateur photographer with several HQ pictures that I'd like to have as wallpapers.

With photo's in mind, some kind of script, or whatever, that would allow you to customize and add pictures in the stock locker. I like the stock locker so I kept it. I just wish I could add a whole bunch of personal photos to it.

One more thing. When the DPI is lowered, the normal android lock screen returns but it has a black background. I have my DPI set at 180 and the black lock screen is still there. I like that locker too but wouldn't want to keep it w/o pictures. Only problem is, I love that look when the DPI is lowered. I really want to keep it at 180. So if there's any way to add the ability to add photos to the locker when the DPI is set below whatever the change point is, that'd be sweet.

Thanks.

P.S. per the media player idea, I like Pro Player. Just an idea.

Krsmqn,

Another wonderful idea. It is funny Krsmqn, we are working on the software at the moment and guess what feature we

are testing? The wallpaper idea! Yes, this feature will be included in future releases. I will look at the 180 dpi, I do

not see a problem with this integration. I will also look at Pro Player, I think this is the player we use on our Nexus

prokennexusa

Jan 12, 2012
Petaluma
plus.google.com
Kindle Fire First Aide Feature Request - Wallpaper

This app might handle backgrounds for you. The lockscreen pix I've seen some posts on, but haven't seriously investigated.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.wall.changer

BELASCO,

That is the application we are using as a Framework for the integrated function. We will offer an automated install and if

anyone wants to keep it stock and just change the wallpaper, that too will be an option.:laugh:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    In this Noob series, we will use a software package that will automate the backup, restore and recovery process among many other features - this is a 'Swiss Army Knife' for the Kindle. This tool has been in development for some time now and is still in Beta, although it has been thoroughly tested and can be used safely. This tool is designed to backup, recover and restore the Kindle Fire 2 7", the Kindle Fire HD 7" and the Kindle Fire HD 8.9" (HD 8.9" Does Not Require The Factory USB Cable). The download size is less than 14 MB and automates several processes, no command line knowledge required. Please post any bugs to this Thread so we can quickly make changes to the software, then post an update. Most Bugs are solved within 24 hours.

To keep your Kindle safe, we have integrated this feature into our software, You do not need any command line knowledge, just as simple as 1, 2, and 3.

Prerequisites for the Recover Options:
    1. Install The Latest Version Of Java SE: Java SE Development Kit 7u13

If you are uncomfortable with these procedure, please stop and contact us, we specialize in Kindle customization and development. You can ship the Kindle to our office and have us install all the upgrades, then return it to you turn-key. This service is fee based, contact our office for additional information.

SOFTWARE UPDATE (CRITICAL RELEASE) ON 06/30/2013 Version 4.1.100 - PLEASE DOWNLOAD THE ENTIRE PACKAGE IF YOUR VERSION IS DATED PRIOR TO THIS RELEASE DATE.

WARNING! THIS TOOL CAN PERMANENTLY DAMAGE THE KINDLE IF IT IS NOT USED PROPERLY. DO NOT FLASH THE
    KINDLE FIRE 2 IMAGE TO A KINDLE FIRE HD OR FLASH A KINDLE FIRE HD 7" TO A KINDLE FIRE 8.9" DEVICE. THIS
    WILL CAUSE PERMANENT DAMAGE THAT CAN NOT BE REVERSED. ONLY FLASH THE CORRECT MODEL SOFTWARE
    TO YOUR DEVICE.

HOW TO UPGRADE KINDLE FIRE FIRST AIDE:
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=38435305&postcount=1072

HOW TO CREATE THE WINDOWS PATH: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=38409721&postcount=1018

HOW TO FIX THE YELLOW KINDLE TRIANGLE:
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=38432739&postcount=1062

These are the current features on Version 4.1.100-beta:

• Images are stored securely on our 100TB storage array on a Gigabyte Infrastructure
    • Download is fast - script is fast and lightweight
    • Secure SSL on all images to eliminate image hacking
    • All images are stored behind a firewall with IDS
    • Restores fresh system.img, boot.img and recovery.img
    • Fresh Restore Support the Kindle Fire 2 7"
    • Fresh Restore Support the Kindle Fire HD 7"
    • Fresh Restore Supports the Kindle Fire HD 8.9"
    • Fresh Restore Currently supports software Rev x.2.3
    • ChainsDD Superuser APK and SU Binary Included
    • Automated Backup - Full and Partial Backup
    • Automated Amazon OTA (Over The Air) Disable
    • No Command line Knowledge Required
    • Automated Device Reboot After Restore
    • Pulls Device Information
    • Automated ADB Driver Install
    • Reboot the Kindle into Fastboot Mode
    • Software Support for x.2.4 where applicable
    • Software Support for x.1.5 where applicable
    • Easy Upgrade or Downgrade option
    • Automated Root - Two Versions
    • Automated Google Play Store Installation
    • Automated Google Apps Installation
    • Wipe Dalvik Cache
    • Automated Restoration of the Backup Files
    • Automated Pimp My Beats Install
    • Automated Sony Bravia "Best Resolution Audio Visual Integrated Architecture" Installation
    • Automated Sony xLoud Installation
    • Automated Pimp My Beats Audio Upgrade Installation
    • Android Fix Permissions Script
    • Automated Disable Amazon Ad Services
    • Make Google Play Store The Default Market
    • Unroot For Amazon Returns
    • Install Apex Launcher
    • Install Holo Launcher
    • Install Boat Browser with Flash Player
    • VPN and SIP VoIP Client Install
    • Automated Permission Fixer
    • Automated Alternative Driver Install
    • Automated Busybox Installer
    • Automated Wallpaper Mod
    • Automated Lock Screen Upgrade
    • Fix Broken Install Script
    • AVIC Alice TTS Upgrade
    • Automated Launcher Install which will includes over 2 Launcher Options
    • Flash Custom Recovery
    • Side-load Zip Files like the latest Google Apps Pack
    • Automated TTS (Text To Speech) Install - AVIC Alice
    • Automated Install, Upgrade and Correct ADB
    • Superuser Upgrade Service
    • Install ChainFire 3D Upgrade

These are the features we will offer soon in 4.2.4 and up:

• Automated APK Install - Single or Multiple APK's
    • Automated Flash support for Titanium Backup Update.zip Files
    • Automatic Update feature so you are always using the latest version
    • Automated Push and Pull files to and from the Kindle to PC
    • Automated build.prop editor
    • Automated Tune Up and Deodex
    • Automated services.jar editor
    • Remote Storage Option for your boot.img recovery.img and system.img Backup Files
    • Information and Help
    • Special Kindle Toolkit, Tips and Tricks
    • Pull the System Logs (LogCat) to help solve problems
    • Dump Bug Reports to your PC
    • Open Command Prompt for Developers or for Manual Input
    • Automated Custom ROM Support
    • Automated TTS Voice Editor
    • Your Choice of Media Player Upgrades
    • 180 DPI Support
    • Automated Keyboard Upgrade with Framework Edits Included
    • Automated Amazon Book Import to Google Books
    • Much more to come......................
    Now let's get to the software itself. The following is step-by-step guide, please DO NOT modify the batch file in any
    way, this took us weeks to perfect, so please respect the code. If you have recommendations, please post them,
    we love to give you the feature that are important to YOU not us.

Kindle Fire First Aide Step 1: Using Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome or Internet Explorer Download Kindle Fire First Aide 4.1.100-Beta:
    KFFirstAide.zip

Note: Be sure to extract the package to C:\KFFirstAide

Update Java To The Latest Version here: Java SE Development Kit 7u25

Kindle Fire First Aide Step 2: Using either 7-Zip or Microsoft Zip, unzip the KFFirstAide100.zip to your C:\ Drive as C:\KFFirstAide

Kindle Fire First Aide Step 3: With your mouse, open the C:\KFFirstAide contents by double mouse clicking the C:\KFFirstAide folder

Kindle Fire First Aide Step 4: Find the RunMe.bat file. Right Hand Mouse click on RunMe.bat, select 'Send to', select Desktop (Create Shortcut). Now press the Left Hand Mouse button to create the Shortcut named RunMe.bat. Temporary disable the Android SDK.

Kindle Fire First Aide Step 5: Find the RunMe Shortcut on your desktop, select it by left mouse click over the icon, then while on the icon choose Right Hand mouse click, select Properties.

Kindle Fire First Aide Step 6: This will display the RunMe properties. Select the General Tab, change the top name to KF First Aide. Then click on the Shortcut tab, click on Advanced. Check 'Run as Administrator', click OK, then click Apply, then click OK. All windows should be closed.

Kindle Fire First Aide Step 7: Double Mouse Click the new Icon named KF First Aide. You may be presented with a security window, just click Yes.

Kindle Fire First Aide Step 8: Please click on the Windows Key plus Pause/Break, this will display the Windows System Properties. Next Click on the Advanced Tab and find "Environment Variables". Please click on Environment Variables and find the Path Statement. Carefully add at the end of the Path Statement:

Code:
    ;C:\KFFirstAide

Note: Do Not forget the (;) semi-colon before the C:\KFFirstAide

Kindle Fire First Aide Step 9: That is it! The software is ready. Next we get the Kindle ready to Flash.

Kindle Fire First Aide Step 10: Next, go to the Kindle, pull down the status menu, select More+ then select Security, make sure Enable ADB is ON. Last, depress the <- and select Device. Make sure 'Allow Installation of Applications' is On.

Kindle Fire First Aide Step 11: Insert the Original USB Cable to the Kindle, please ensure you have a solid connection, this is VERY critical.

Kindle Fire First Aide Step 12: Next, make sure the Kindle Fire is Turned Off. Take the other end of the USB Cable and carefully inset it into a free USB Slot on your Computer - be careful to not disconnect the other end.

Kindle Fire First Aide Step 13 : The Kindle Fire should automatically turn on and boot regular Bootmode. If the Kindle does not turn on depress the power button until it turns on. Next select Option 15 in the Software. The Kindle will reboot and will now see a screen that says: Fastboot Kindle Fire.

Note: If Option 15 does not trigger the Kindle to boot into Fastboot, then your Bootloader is damaged. Please send SkOrPn a PM to order a Factory USB Cable.

Kindle Fire First Aide Step 14: Place the Kindle on a safe surface so it does not disconnect when running the software.

Kindle Fire First Aide Step 15: Launch the KF First Aide software by double mouse clicking on the KF First Aide icon.

Kindle Fire First Aide Step 16: You will be presented with a Kindle Fire First Aide Menu, carefully select the operations you would like to perform on the Kindle.

Kindle Fire First Aide Step 17: If the option states "Fastboot" you need to leave the Kindle as noted above, this is Fastboot Mode. As the last operation be sure to Wipe the Cache and User Data which is Backup Option 3 in the Menu.

Kindle Fire First Aide Step 18: Next, we will disable "Fastboot Mode" and enable ADB on the Kindle Fire. Select Option 10 in the Software Menu, the Kindle will Reboot into Regular Mode.

Kindle Fire First Aide Step 19: You may now perform the 'ADB Mode' options in the Menu.

Kindle Fire First Aide Note 1: Remember, after you perform the full Recovery, you are working with a Fresh Copy of the Software. ADB is disabled by default so be sure to Enable ADB under Security and Allow Installation of Programs under the Device Tab.

Kindle Fire First Aide Note 2: After the complete restore, please be sure to clear the Davlik Cache and the User Data by selecting Backup Option #3. You may also wipe the User Data and Cache by opening a Administrative Command Prompt within the KFFirstAide Folder and enter:

Code:
    fastboot -i 0x1949 erase cache
    fastboot -i 0x1949 erase userdata 
    fastboot -i 0x1949 reboot

Kindle Fire First Aide Note 3: The original versions of the Kindle Fire HD 8.9" with a software Versions 8.2.3 or 8.2.4 may find there Kindle Boot-loader loops to a Red Fastboot Screen. If your Kindle is stuck in Fastboot, please follow these steps to recover the Boot-loader: How To Recover Kindle Fire HD 8.9" Bootloader*

Note: Please be aware of two main options in the Menu - one is Fastboot Mode where you have several Menu Operations that use Fastboot to execute properly and two is ADB Mode where you have several Menu Operations that use ADB to execute properly.

Backup Option #1 Note: When selecting Backup Option 1 the images will be backed up to the SD Card in a folder named KindleBackup. Please copy this folder to your desktop until we are able to upload it to our secure servers. There will be a restore option in the future that will automatically pull YOUR images for restoration. There is a known Bug in Windows where you will not see the images in the Kindle Internal Drive which can be found in Computer. To overcome this issue, please download and install WiFi File Transfer then open your Web Browser to transfer these Backup files from your Kindle to the PC.

Backup Option #2 Note: When selecting Backup Option 2 the images are first copied to the Kindle, then they are transfered to your Computer inside a folder named Backup which can be found inside the C:\KFFirstAide folder.

If this was helpful and you would like to support our work, please send us a donation using this link:
    http://xdaforums.com/dona....php?u=4435645

We would like to thank Mark Skippen for the "Toolkit" idea. Mark is a real master with Samsung products and his profile can be found here: mskip anyone who owns a Samsung or Samsung built (Nexus) product should obtain his Toolkit.

*Note: After several conference calls with the Amazon Development Team we found Amazon applied a patch to the Bootloader in an effort to lock down the Bootloader, this patch rarely causes the Bootloader to stick or Bootloop, please use the above link to release the Bootloader. We have removed this patch from the boot-prod.img eliminating future issues with recovered HD 8.9" users.
    Follow Up - Feedback

You guys rock!

Sent from my KFHD7 using xda premium

Krsmqn,

We thought of you when we were developing this package, It took us over 4 months to perfect. We held back many feature, just wait until we release the Production Version of 4.2.3, it even made us smile:D. As we have said before,
    we are truly honored to be part of the XDA Community and feel blessed to be able to offer this software to XDA Members. This package and version 4.2.3 is fee based elsewhere.
    How To Manually Recover The Kindle Fire 8.9" Stuck In Fastboot?

To All-

If you would like to try a last ditch effort in getting the Kindle Fire 8.9" back online, please do the following:

Step 1: Please run the Kindle Fire First Aide, attempt the HD 8.9" Recovery, if it fails move on to Step 2

Step 2: Exit the Kindle Fire First Aide utility, double mouse click the KFFirstAide Folder.

Step 3: Download Boot Image Number 1 from here (save the image to the KFFirstAide Folder): http://dl.dropbox.com/u/54456659/kfhd-8.2.3/Images/boot-prod.img

Step 4: Download Recovery Image Number 2 from here (save the image to the KFFirstAide Folder): http://dl.dropbox.com/u/54456659/kfhd-8.2.3/Images/recovery-prod.img

Step 5: Open up an Administrative Command Prompt from within the KFFirstAide Folder by opening up the KFFirstAide Folder then press your Right Hand Mouse Key while you are over the KFFirstAide Folder contents, then select Open a command prompt here. You should see something like

Code:
    C:\Users\Your Name\KFFirstAide>
    Step 6: Next you would make sure the Kindle Fire is plugged into USB and Turned off, type the following and press enter after the command while the Kindle is off and plugged into USB:

Code:
    fastboot reboot -i 0x1949
    Step 6: You will see a Windows Command Prompt that will look like:

Code:
    C:\Users\Your Name\KFFirstAide>fastboot reboot -i 0x1949
    <waiting for device>
    Step 7: Next Power on the Kindle While you see the above, one the Kindle Boots the Kindle will suddenly reboot back into Fastboot although we have seen this step free the Bootloader, so if the Kindle begins to Boot normally unplug it from USB, if the Kindle boot back to Fastboot red screen proceed to step 8.

Step 8: While the Kindle is in Fastboot Mode type the following at the Windows Command Prompt:
    Code:
    fastboot flash recovery recovery-prod.img -i 0x1949
    Code:
    fastboot erase cache -i 0x1949
    fastboot erase userdata -i 0x1949
    Step 9: Leave the Kindle Plugged into USB. Wait for the device to Boot back to Fastboot, if the device boot back to a Fastboot screen with odd vertical line running through it, stop here, the Kindle has begun the recovery phase. If the Kindle begins it recovery, it will react odd and reboot several times, this is normal. Wait 10 to 15 minutes. If the Kindle boot back to Red Fastboot Screen proceed to Step 10.

Step 10: Leave the Kindle Plugged into USB. Next type the following command:

Code:
    fastboot flash boot boot-prod.img -i 0x1949
    Step 11: Next let's do a little house cleaning. The following commands wipe the old Dalvik Cache and User Data which is, in simple, tied to the old Android Operating System. Having said this, when the new OS attempts to retrieve data from these partitions, a content stream of errors occur in the background, causing the Kindle to react VERY slow and at times completely unresponsive. To eliminate this problem we will wipe these partitions before booting the new OS. Please enter the following commands, press enter after each one:

Code:
    fastboot erase cache -i 0x1949
    fastboot erase userdata -i 0x1949
    Step 12: Unplug from USB. The Kindle HD 8.9" will reboot with an odd Fastboot screen with vertical lines running through it, this is normal, do not interrupt the recovery. Let the Kindle begin it's recovery phase. This may take up to 10 to 15 minutes and the Kindle will reboot several times.

Step 13: Once the Kindle Stabilizes, please be sure to apply the Amazon OTA Patch before connecting the Kindle to your WiFi, otherwise you will loose Root and Google Play Store which are both installed on the images.

Step 14: After you applied the patches please wait for the Kindle to rebuild itself, this can take up to a couple of hours. If after 4 hours the Kindle is still reacting slow, perform a Kindle Fire HD 8.9" Factory Reset. This option can be found under the More+ > Device > Restore to Factory Defaults. We find this last step is rarely used.
    Update

To All-

I have been cleared by my Doctors to return to work, here is my plan to catch up:

1) 06/12/2013 7:30pm to 11:30pm - Go through PM's respond as needed
    2) 06/13/2013 10:00am - 6:00pm - go through the posts urgent first
    3) 06/14 - 06/20 - Go through Posts
    4) 06/20/2013 - Post an updated version of Kindle Fire First Aide

I would like to thank everyone for there support during my recovery.

Best Regards,

Chris Bryant
    How to update kindle fire first aide

I get errors that the file exists in an otherwise empty directory, twice. I've attached screen shots. I've tried using both winrar and 7-zip and gotten the error both times.

Flinsman,

***************HOW TO UPDATE KINDLE FIRE FIRST AIDE*******************

Step 1: Download the update, save a copy of the update to your desktop

Step 2: Unzip the update TO THE DESKTOP as KFFirstAide32 or KFFirstAide64

Step 3: Navigate to C:\KFFirstAide look in the Backup folder, do you have any Backup images? If yes, Right Hand Mouse Click over the C:\KFFirstAide\Backup folder choose COPY then navigate to your Desktop choose PASTE this will copy the the Backup image folder and images to your desktop in a folder named Backup, there should be 3 images in this folder if you did a 17 Backup with our software. If you never did a 17 backup ignore this step.

Step 4: Navigate to C:\KFFirstAide look in the KindleBackup folder, do you have any images? If yes, Right Hand Mouse Click over the C:\KFFirstAide\KindleBackup folder choose COPY then navigate to your Desktop choose PASTE this will copy the KindleBackup image folder and images to your desktop in a folder named KindleBackup, there should be 11 images in this folder if you did a 13 Backup with our software. If you never did a 13 backup ignore this step.

Step 5: Next navigate to C:\KFFirstAide DELETE the folder and contents

Step 6: Navigate to your Desktop, find KFFirstAide32 or KFFirstAide64. Rename the KFFirstAide32 or KFFirstAide64 to KFFirstAide on your Desktop

Step 7: Inspect the Desktop folder name, make sure it is KFFirstAide

Step 8: Right Hand Mouse Click over the desktop folder named KFFirstAide choose "Cut", next navigate to C:\ - make sure you are not highlighting any folders and choose "Paste" - the folder KFFirstAide will now copy to C:\ - if this fails for some reason choose Copy and Past rater than Cut and Paste

Step 9: Only do this step if you did Step 3, otherwise ignore this step. Navigate to C:\KFFirstAide, Right Hand Mose Click over the folder named Backup, choose DELETE.

Step 10: Only do this step if you did Step 4, otherwise ignore this step. Navigate to C:\KFFirstAide, Right Hand Mouse Click over the folder named KindleBackup, choose DELETE.

Step 11: Only do this step if you did Step 3, navigate to you Windows Desktop, find the folder named Backup, Right Hand Mose Click over the Backup folder, choose "Cut", then navigate to C:\KFFirstAide and choose PASTE. If this fails choose Copy and Paste.

Step 12: Only do this step if you did Step 4, navigate to you Windows Desktop, find the folder named KindleBackup, Right Hand Mose Click over the KindleBackup folder, choose "Cut", then navigate to C:\KFFirstAide and choose PASTE. If this fails choose Copy and Paste.

Step 13: You may now remove the KFFirstAide, KindleBackup and Backup folders on your desktop, if they exist.

Step 14: Let's create a new shortcut. Find the current RunMe.bat shortcut on your desktop, delete it please.

Step 15: Navigate to C:\KFFirstAide find RunMe.bat - Right Hand Mose Click over RunMe.bat choose Send To - Desktop Create Shortcut

Step 16: Navigate to your Desktop find the new shortcut, Right Hand Mose Click choose Properties. Find a box and check "Run Program as Administrator" or "Run As Administrator" - Click Apply.

Step 17: Let's make sure you have the Path statement setup, please drop to a Windows Command

Step 18: Enter these commands:

Code:
    cd C:\Windows\
    adb kill-server
    adb wait-for-device
    adb devices
    If you see a serial number after adb devices you are good to go. Close the Command Windows by typing exit. If the command failed, you are missing the path, we have several posts on setting up the Path, Post the error.

********UPDATE*********

*****Kindle Fire First Aide Revision 4.1.66-Beta RunMe 02/25/13 at 00:30 for Microsoft Windows*****

Kindle Fire First Aide Revision 4.1.66-Beta for RunMe.bat Package: RunMe.zip (Dropbox)

Kindle Fire First Aide Revision 4.1.66-Beta for RunMe.bat Package:RunMe.zip (Box)

Kindle Fire First Aide Revision 4.1.66-Beta for Windows Universal Package: KFFirstAide.zip (Dropbox)

Kindle Fire First Aide Revision 4.1.66-Beta for Windows Universal Package: KFFirstAide.zip (Box)

Kindle Fire First Aide Revision 4.1.66-Beta for Windows 32-bit Version: KFFirstAide32.zip (Dropbox)

Kindle Fire First Aide Revision 4.1.66-Beta for Windows 32-bit Version: KFFirstAide32.zip (Box)

Kindle Fire First Aide Revision 4.1.66-Beta for Windows 64-bit Version: KFFirstAide64.zip (Dropbox)

Kindle Fire First Aide Revision 4.1.66-Beta for Windows 64-bit Version: KFFirstAide64.zip (Box)

7-Zip for Windows 32-bit: Download

7-Zip for Windows 64-bit: Download

Oracle Java SE Update: Java SE Development Kit 7u15

Oracle Java SE 7u15 32-bit : jdk-7u15-windows-i586.exe

Oracle Java SE 7u15 64-bit : jdk-7u15-windows-x64.exe https://dl.dropbox.com/u/54456659/JavaSE/64-bit/jdk-7u15-windows-x64.exe