FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[HOWTO] Unroot, Remove TWRP, and Prepare to Sell your KFHD7"

1,733 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,037

Post Reply Email Thread
I, as well as a few others, are going to sell our KFHD7 devices to get something better *cough* 2013 Nexus 7 *cough*. Before I leave the Kindle community, I would like to help those looking to sell the device. Keep in mind that these are very simple steps and you must have TWRP already working. (You can't really remove something that you don't have, now can you? )

You can choose to do this process entirely on your device or with the help of a computer.

First, grab Amazon's latest update file from http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custom...deId=201016350 (You can do this on your Kindle or your computer) then rename it from WHATEVER-THE-UPDATE-NAME-IS.bin to WHATEVER-THE-UPDATE-NAME-IS.bin.zip

Next, Backup all important data. What YOU classify important data as is all up to you. This could be apps (Free apps are located in "/data/app", while premium and paid apps are in "/data/app-asec". Please note that if you copy a premium app from "/data/app-asec", you must also copy it's corresponding folder in "/data/data".), family pictures from a recent vacation (Most likely located in "/sdcard/Pictures" somewhere.), or just some hard-to-find files that work on all newer android devices. You can choose to zip all the files up and put them on Dropbox, or use your computer to "adb pull" them. If you have any questions about backing things up, leave a comment down below.

Third step: If you downloaded Amazon's update file to your computer, you can transfer it over now or wait a step or two.

Now you need to reboot into TWRP recovery. Once you get there (Shouldn't take too long now, thanks to Hashcode! ), if you downloaded the file on your computer, you can wipe your internal storage (/sdcard), system, data, dalvik cache, and cache now. If not, wipe all above except for your internal storage (/sdcard) and flash the zip file you downloaded earlier then afterwards, wipe your Internal Storage (/sdcard). To those who just wiped everything and have the file downloaded on your computer, got to the "Advanced" menu in TWRP and hit "ADB Sideload". You will need to have the proper drivers if using Windows. (Windows always has drivers issues with Android. :/)

If you need help with anything in this thread, please leave a comment down below.

Now that all that is done, reboot your tablet and you should now be 100% stock with NO ROOT, TWRP REMOVED, ALL DATA REMOVED, ALL IMPORTANT FILES BACKED UP, and YOUR KINDLE FIRE HD 7" IS READY TO SELL.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire HD using xda app-developers app
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to r3pwn For This Useful Post: [ View ]

17th August 2013, 08:19 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 22

More
Do not forget to de-register with Amazon if you have, this is how I got mine so cheap
17th August 2013, 09:30 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 257

More
Useful guide, in any section. I'd say Android development is probably where the people who need this will find it first. And technically, reverting a device is the opposite of development...don't see that thread section on XDA

Sent from my Android Kindle Fire HD 7 Running Cyanogenmod 10.1
18th August 2013, 12:42 AM |#4  
OP Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opensystem

Useful guide, in any section. I'd say Android development is probably where the people who need this will find it first. And technically, reverting a device is the opposite of development...don't see that thread section on XDA

Sent from my Android Kindle Fire HD 7 Running Cyanogenmod 10.1

Thanks. Lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxo

Do not forget to de-register with Amazon if you have, this is how I got mine so cheap

I don't think you need to do this. Wiping all data removes that.

18th August 2013, 08:18 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 22

More

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire HD using xda app-developers app[/QUOTE]

Yes ,but the person that purchases it will have a hard time to register it with Amazon ,they bind device ID to amazon accounts to stop the thief's
18th August 2013, 01:31 PM |#6  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxo

Yes ,but the person that purchases it will have a hard time to register it with Amazon ,they bind device ID to amazon accounts to stop the thief's

Oh. Okay.

18th August 2013, 07:35 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Thanks for this. My old kindle developed a loose charging port, and following a phone call with Amazon, I received a brand spanking new one 2 days later, with 30 days to return the faulty one (excellent service from Amazon by the way). Anyway, time is ticking by and I was thinking I would have to use KFFA to restore it back to its original state. This will save me a lot of time and hassle. Thanks.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire HD using xda premium
22nd August 2013, 11:20 AM |#8  
Jeddah
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Thumbs up useful post
excellent & full informative guide. already added to favorite.
22nd August 2013, 10:07 PM |#9  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr00oo00

excellent & full informative guide. already added to favorite.

Thanks.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)