Originally Posted by SkOrPn
I agree, that was my impression as well. In fact, I tell people that my cable will NOT work for the 8.9" device all together.
Is this still true today? Curious minds need to know, lol...
You are absolutely correct again! The Kindle Fire HD 8.9" Does NOT require the SkOrPn
Factory USB Cable. We
have integrated this function into the latest release of the software. Kindle Fire HD 8.9" Users would:
1. Launch the Kindle Fire First Aide by launching RunMe
2. Unplug the Kindle Fire 8.9" from USB and Power Down the Kindle
3. Choose Option 10, Enter and then Answer y (for Yes it is Powered Off)
4. Next you press Enter and when you see <waiting for device> you Plug the Kindle HD 8.9" Into USB
5. The Kindle Fire HD 8.9" will now boot into Fastboot Mode