Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,126 Members 42,731 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: In your opinion, when looking back at this thread, how easy were the instructions?
Very Easy 83 32.17%
Somewhat Easy 40 15.50%
Easy 70 27.13%
Difficult 28 10.85%
Somewhat Difficult 15 5.81%
Very Difficult 22 8.53%
Voters: 258. You may not vote on this poll

[BACKUP][RECOVERY] Kindle Fire HD and 2 First Aide Software - Noob (Simple) Version

Tip us?

point99trash2011
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Default Re: [BACKUP][RECOVERY] Kindle Fire HD and 2 First Aide Software - Noob (Simple) Versi

Quote:
Originally Posted by prokennexusa View Post
SkOrPn,

You know what is even more sad? The Kindle is built on the TI OMAP4460, this board includes GPS, they have disconnected it at the WiLink, here is a block diagram of the OMPA4470 - they two boards are identical except for the CPU Speed of the OMAP4470 is 1.5Ghz the OMAP4460 is 1.2Ghz other than the speed the two boards are identical.

Here is the block diagram, as you can see Amazon did NOT enable all the features available:

If only it had the fm radio and gps enabled, hell the ext sd would rock too, imagine popping in an sd card with all your movies and things on it, no more copy to internal delays.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk HD

gwbard
Old
Thanks Meter 329
just curious, with all this talk of GPS -- mine works perfectly!
is that because I have the 4g/LTE version?
Samsung Galaxy S4 (i337 AT&T)
BeanStalk
Samsung Note 10.1 (N8013 Wi-Fi)
Hyperdrive
Kindle Fire HD 8.9 (4g LTE)
★Rooted/Hybrid w/Google Apps
Samsung Galaxy Note (i717 AT&T)
★ParanoidKANGdroid
Samsung Galaxy Tab (T-Mobile)
★AOKP SGT7
Samsung Infuse 4G (AT&T)
★BeanStalk
HTC HD2
retired

AmrBanawan
Old
(Last edited by AmrBanawan; 14th February 2013 at 04:45 PM.)
Thanks Meter 44
Quote:
SkOrPn,

You know what is even more sad? The Kindle is built on the TI OMAP4460, this board includes GPS, they have disconnected it at the WiLink, here is a block diagram of the OMPA4470 - they two boards are identical except for the CPU Speed of the OMAP4470 is 1.5Ghz the OMAP4460 is 1.2Ghz other than the speed the two boards are identical.

Here is the block diagram, as you can see Amazon did NOT enable all the features available:

If i understand correctly, This means that we can get GPS and FM-radio and USB host mode on the KFHD if it is enabled in a future kernel, Is that right?!

mikandlotta
Old
Thanks Meter 59
8.9 Fire HD 'bricked'

Is there a prayer for a dark KF 8.9 HD?
I have been sent a dead 8.9 that was rooted then flashed in what was obvious (now) a bad way. Perhaps using factory cable and it seems the bootloader is fried.

The Kindle does not appear to boot at all. KFFirstAide just 'waits for device' when trying to connect from PC. I have tried 1 minute power off button etc but this parrot seems to be dead (to borrow from Monty Python)
It seems a few have fallen into this pit somehow but extensive searching has not yet found any solutions
Is there any hope or is this now a very expensive beautiful paper weight?

bnaivar
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Not trying to be cute but, is the battery charged?

SkOrPn
Old
Thanks Meter 450

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
SkOrPn,

So you like to hike? My ex-wife and I used to hike 12-15 miles every weekend. I used to love it, now it brings up memories that bother me, so at the moment I do not hike, although I used to love it.
Yep, I love to hike but have not in a while. I was serious with it from 1995 to about 2005, but some stuff changed in my life and now not so much. Long off-topic story that does not belong here, lol... We have something in common though Chris, as my hiking was a direct result of my divorce in 94. It gave me something to do that kept me healthy in order to have the strength and energy to raise my daughter Ashley alone. Yes, my ex left us entirely and I did not hear from her for 7 years after she left us.

Well guys, I finally pulled the trigger on a Tablet, however I could not get myself to do the Kindle. It just is not tailored enough for my needs, even though I needed it to learn more about Fastboot and Factory cable use. After much much thought and research I have gone with the Nexus 7. I do not like how there must be hacking in order to get a functional GPS on the Kindle. The only things I found that I like about the Kindle is the screen, the great sound, the 5ghz wifi, and that Chris is working on it, lol. However, I use very nice ear buds for my sound and would like straight Full Android out of the box with years of guarantee that the latest android versions will be available for it. I got the 32gb version and I already have 2tb of wireless n wifi storage to stay connected to. So, I will be hanging out in the Nexus 7 threads for a while learning everything I can about it while I wait for the delivery, lol.

Let me know if anyone needs any Factory Cables, I still have about 150 of them here

unBricked 6 times via "The SkOrPn JIG"
"The SkOrPn Motorola & Kindle Fire Factory Cable"

High Quality is never an accident.
It is always the result of excellent intention, intelligent direction, sincere effort and skillful execution.
It represents the wisest choice of many alternatives! ~ William A. Foster ~ Edited by ME!

stopeject
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Chris,
Is it possible to install some other keyboard; and to disable or replace the lockscreen?

prokennexusa
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 948

DONATE TO ME
Default Kindle Fire HD and 2 First Aide Software - Noob (Simple) Version

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slimepuppy View Post
Arrrggghhhh! This thread is turning into a bad episode of Dr. Who! We have funky diagrams that look like they came out of the 70s, multiple comments re-arranged in time and space, wry humor (and likely humour) coming from all directions, and lensatic compasses duct-taped to high-tech electronics.

Mommy mommy make it stop! (best I could do for 'laughing so hard I'm crying'!)

Ummm...yeah, as soon as I can see straight again I'll certainly give the software another look - but it's growing faster than my 10 year old so chill from the energy drinks a bit for a few days, Chris!

Andy
Slimepuppy,

I went to bed laughing so hard my stomach hurt.

What we have done in the software is added spacers between each command so it is much easier to debug and much easier to understand. When you open the RunMe.bat file, you will see what I have done. We have polished the code too, making the script run faster since this baby is getting quite large. Our goal is to add at least 1 or 2 features a day. Today we will add a restore option allowing a person to restore from there backup. If we have time, we will add the upgraded lock screen toady as well.

Thank you again for your hard work.
Best Regards, Chris Bryant (prokennexusa Team Member)

The Noob Guys, where Simplicity is Key......

Main Line: (707) 774-5923

KFFA Bug Tracking: http://mantis.canonicaldev.com
Pastebin for Info: http://pastebin.canonicaldev.com/

Facebook: prokennexusa@gmail.com
Twitter: #prokennexus

Search XDA for Noob............More to come!

Slimepuppy
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmrBanawan View Post
If i understand correctly, This means that we can get GPS and FM-radio and USB host mode on the KFHD if it is enabled in a future kernel, Is that right?!
Maybe, maybe not. All I've figured out so far comes from these (and frankly, it's short on facts...):

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1891554
http://www.ifixit.com/Teardown/Kindl...ardown/10457/2
http://www.powerbookmedic.com/PartLo...-95-v-294.html
http://www.broadcom.com/products/GPS...utions/BCM2076

It looks like the BCM2076 has WiFi, BT, FM and GPS radios, but I haven't seen anything that suggests the FM or GPS has an antenna or software. At least we know that some of the BT functions are used - maybe we can enable a mode that'll allow us to use a BT GPS directly. Or maybe we can activate the GPS on the software side and hack a connection to a GPS antenna.

prokennexusa
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 948

DONATE TO ME
Default Kindle Fire HD and 2 First Aide Software - Noob (Simple) Version

Quote:
Originally Posted by BELASCO View Post
Tomorrow afternoon, when my brain isn't shorting out I'll see what the earlybirds have discovered & see what trouble I can get into. I got into this not knowing a kernel from a colonel from a bucket of chicken, but the experience has been amusing.

---------- Post added at 04:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:32 AM ----------

My humor is indeed humourous. In schooldays past one's social standing in our sidewalk gang (we weren't allowed in the streets) was determined by how much of "Holy Grail" one could quote verbatim.

And there is no such thing as a "bad Dr. Who episode" - with the possible exception of the entire Peter Davidson era.

Alan
BELASCO,

You are defiantly an asset to our thread, we love you here, do you ever sleep?
Best Regards, Chris Bryant (prokennexusa Team Member)

The Noob Guys, where Simplicity is Key......

Main Line: (707) 774-5923

KFFA Bug Tracking: http://mantis.canonicaldev.com
Pastebin for Info: http://pastebin.canonicaldev.com/

Facebook: prokennexusa@gmail.com
Twitter: #prokennexus

Search XDA for Noob............More to come!

Tags
kfhd system.img restore tool, kindle fire brick, kindle fire recovery, kindle fire restore, kindle fire utility