☼ ☼ [AROMA] Huawei apps ☼ ☼

Search This thread

Mlopik

Jun 6, 2012
Bystřice nad Pernštejnem
huawei_logo_559988771.gif

Overview

This is normal aroma package for flash via recovery. It contains all huawei apps which were posted. If you find some app which isn't here please PM me.

Apps in AROMA

• Huawei Cloud
  • Huawei File manager
  • Huawei Camera
  • Huawei DLNA
  • Huawei Wallpapers chooser

Apps to install

Download

Bugs

• Weather widget isn't working

secXces_debaki

Jul 1, 2012
Ludwigshafen am Rhein
Everything works nearly nice on my htc, but got this 2 error. First wheater widget, second cloud+ acc are register.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda app-developers app

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1358287307888.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1358287307888.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 1,697
  • uploadfromtaptalk1358287319430.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1358287319430.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 1,607

resudo

Nov 16, 2012
Thessaloniki
So after some testing I can say that this is absolutely awesome! Everything works flawlessly on my u8800pro running ShenduOS 4.1.2! Thanks a lot I was looking for this for a long time because everywhere else links were down :good: Sorry for late reply I really didn't have the time.

Mlopik

Jun 6, 2012
Bystřice nad Pernštejnem
Everything works nearly nice on my htc, but got this 2 error. First wheater widget, second cloud+ acc are register.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda app-developers app

Yes. I know this problem. I posted
this problem in First post.

So after some testing I can say that this is absolutely awesome! Everything works flawlessly on my u8800pro running ShenduOS 4.1.2! Thanks a lot I was looking for this for a long time because everywhere else links were down :good: Sorry for late reply I really didn't have the time.

Thanks for feedback.

Sent from my A500 running CM10.1

kred9k

Aug 24, 2011
Odp: ☼ ☼ [AROMA] Huawei apps ☼ ☼

Some ss??

Wysłane z mojego GT-I9100 za pomocą Tapatalk 2

Isis111

Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta
Hi, first thank you for your work. Most people don't understand that you guys work for "free", other then donations. Secondly I am asking you directly because in working with this device I have gotten many different responses. Some have stated that roms written for the U8800-Pro will also work on the U8800-51 from Consumer Cellular. I haven't tried that because others have said installing your rom on my 51 would brick it. I have installed and am running Aurora ICS from this guide on XDA
From stock to ICS a guide for your U8800-51 or AT&T Impulse 4G

I don't want to do anything stupid so since this is your rom I was hoping you could give me a difinitive answer, can I use your ROM on the U8800-51? If not is there a ICS Rom you could recommend?

Thank you very much in advance, this is forum in very confusing and I want to do the right thing since it's not my phone but my husbands.

Krissy

okty2k

Apr 24, 2010
Huawei keyboard is one of the best I have ever seen!
It has one minus (when you type a web address, 'space' is replaced by '.com' by default - you need to press alt), but a huge plus (you can slide to obtain secondary characters instead of long-pressing).
File manager is balanced, not better or worse than others. It is very nicely integrated with the cloud.
Backup application is a good replacement for Titanium (backups data and applications)
I prefer the default 4.1.1 camera. Huawei application has some good points, but still I prefer the default from gapps. Also, please note that Hauwei Gallery does not sync with Picasa!
I don't recommend Huawei Weather, as it does not always work. on the screen in get a location not found.

Mlopik

Jun 6, 2012
Bystřice nad Pernštejnem
Hi, first thank you for your work. Most people don't understand that you guys work for "free", other then donations. Secondly I am asking you directly because in working with this device I have gotten many different responses. Some have stated that roms written for the U8800-Pro will also work on the U8800-51 from Consumer Cellular. I haven't tried that because others have said installing your rom on my 51 would brick it. I have installed and am running Aurora ICS from this guide on XDA

I don't want to do anything stupid so since this is your rom I was hoping you could give me a difinitive answer, can I use your ROM on the U8800-51? If not is there a ICS Rom you could recommend?

Thank you very much in advance, this is forum in very confusing and I want to do the right thing since it's not my phone but my husbands.

Krissy

Thanks for your opinion of this thread. :)

I think that you can try install ROMs for U8800 & U8800pro to your device. But if you like your current ROM so I recommended "don't try it". ;) U8800-51 has different wi-fi and bt drivers so if you'll try install these ROMs your wi-fi and bt won't work. For recommending ROMs you must install all ROMs for your device because all users have diferents requirements. ;)

It has one minus (when you type a web address, 'space' is replaced by '.com' by default - you need to press alt), but a huge plus (you can slide to obtain secondary characters instead of long-pressing).
File manager is balanced, not better or worse than others. It is very nicely integrated with the cloud.
Backup application is a good replacement for Titanium (backups data and applications)
I prefer the default 4.1.1 camera. Huawei application has some good points, but still I prefer the default from gapps. Also, please note that Hauwei Gallery does not sync with Picasa!
I don't recommend Huawei Weather, as it does not always work. on the screen in get a location not found.

I like stock camera app too. :) For weather: app is working but widget don't work. (widget works only on huawei stock ROMs).

Reactions: Isis111

dragontology

Dec 29, 2010
North Carolina
This sounds interesting. I suppose this works with non-Huawei phones? As for the question about Gingerbread, I'm sure these work with a specific version of Android, or rather Huawei's version of Android, e.g. HTC Sense for HTC phones.

In any case, I am curious about the DLNA receiver (or maybe server?) and the keyboard. Had I found this earlier, I could have tested on a couple builds. Nandroid backup my AOKP ROM, then factory reset it, and flash this, test in a clean 4.1.2 ROM, then flash my CM7 Nandroid, factory reset that, flash this, test in a clean 2.3.7 ROM... Woulda been fun. Subscribed to this topic, I'll definitely do all that in a few days when I get a chance, and I will take screenshots if nobody's done it by then.

Isis111

Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta
Thank you so very much. I'll play around with it a bit and let you know what I come up with. Your response is very appreciated and very informative.

Cheers!!!

Krissy

:)

I think that you can try install ROMs for U8800 & U8800pro to your device. But if you like your current ROM so I recommended "don't try it". ;) U8800-51 has different wi-fi and bt drivers so if you'll try install these ROMs your wi-fi and bt won't work. For recommending ROMs you must install all ROMs for your device because all users have diferents requirements. ;)

I like stock camera app too. :) For weather: app is working but widget don't work. (widget works only on huawei stock ROMs).

dragontology

Dec 29, 2010
North Carolina
Aroma appears to have installed nothing. Wallpaper chooser can be installed as a normal app (AFAIK, all wallpaper choosers can... so collect them from ROMs you test, if you like the wallpapers they offer...), not sure about the others. I checked them all in Aroma and it (TWRP I guess) said the flash was successful. But nothing installed. I can push them manually and set permissions accordingly, though.

Camera can be installed as a normal app as well. It's very nice, but it does not support the ICS/JB swipe to preview/swipe back to take another. Also can't seem to record video. It says my internal memory is full (it's not) and that it will save to SD card (that's fine) but pictures take and videos don't record. The record icon doesn't change.

DLNA *seems* to work, but it times out when trying to connect. So does ES File Explorer. Fault: Most likely mine. I suck at networking. I tell Windows 7 to share my damn files and that should be that. Give "Everyone" read permission and no one "write" permission (because f*** you you can't edit my damn files son, but you can look at them). My brother got DLNA (via MotoBlur) to work with PS3 Media Server running in Windows. We use that to stream from PC to Xbox, guess we need it for Android as well (or we could learn networking and not be such chumps, but PS3MS is easy mode).

Not messing with File Manager or Cloud. I already have the best file manager (ES File Explorer, IMO it's the best) and I have a ton of clouds. It feels disingenuous to use Huawei's without buying a Huawei device. They can see you've never used a Huawei device and they can close your account. Whether they will or not is another matter. Dropbox will give you 2GB, Google Drive will give you 5GB, and so will a bunch of others, like Box, SugarSync, and Ubuntu One (the latter doesn't care if you use Ubuntu or not). Amazon also has a 5GB cloud, but no Android app (this is separate from Amazon MP3, which does have an app).

Anyway, thanks for sharing.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    huawei_logo_559988771.gif

Overview

This is normal aroma package for flash via recovery. It contains all huawei apps which were posted. If you find some app which isn't here please PM me.

Apps in AROMA

• Huawei Cloud
    • Huawei File manager
    • Huawei Camera
    • Huawei DLNA
    • Huawei Wallpapers chooser

Apps to install

Download

Bugs

• Weather widget isn't working

Krissy