5,599,190 Members 35,535 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Seidio Case

Tip us?

thunderbolt33
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Pleased to announce that the black version of the active case for the Droid DNA! Here's a link for you guys!
http://www.seidioonline.com/htc-droi...3htddak-bk.htm
If anyone manages to pick this up a review of it along with pictures would be very grateful!

ML417
Old
Thanks Meter 68
all colors are available when you click on them. (tested with blue)

croppz
Old
(Last edited by croppz; 18th January 2013 at 02:34 AM.)
Thanks Meter 149
Default Re: Seidio Case

Now THAT is a great lookin case. Definitely just made my decision easier. Not sure if I want red black or blue.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda app-developers app

ShelW
Old
Thanks Meter 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by ML417 View Post
all colors are available when you click on them. (tested with blue)
Actually, when you click on any color other then black, it says "Under Development"....

Apparently, only the black case is available at the moment.

ML417
Old
Thanks Meter 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShelW View Post
Actually, when you click on any color other then black, it says "Under Development"....

Apparently, only the black case is available at the moment.
not for me, i clicked on the blue and even looked through the two pictures (i was viewing the combo)

EDIT: sorry, i didnt see where it said it, i'm used to seeing the big under development bubble.

jc332986
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Default Re: Seidio Case

Just ordered mine with the holster. Has to better than the Verizon shell holster.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

n8mack33
Old
Thanks Meter 5
I noticed on the site for the Active and Surface cases it now says (I don't think it did when I looked last week) that the cases are not compatible with wireless charging. One user commented that the Surface case does work, but can others confirm this as well for both cases? If one or both do work why would they say it doesn't? Maybe it works with some but not all charging plates. Or maybe it reduces the effectiveness of the charge. I don't see why the Surface case would be any different than the Diztronic case as an example.

I just picked up 2 Nokia Wireless Charging Plates so this is a deal breaker for me if they don't work with it.

ShelW
Old
Thanks Meter 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by n8mack33 View Post
I noticed on the site for the Active and Surface cases it now says (I don't think it did when I looked last week) that the cases are not compatible with wireless charging. One user commented that the Surface case does work, but can others confirm this as well for both cases? If one or both do work why would the
FAIL.

Seriously? Seidio takes weeks to release a case, and it's the ONLY case (that I've heard of) that does NOT work with inductive charging?

Yeah... why would DNA owners want THAT feature?

tuxly
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Just to clarify for everyone, I have the surface case and a nokia 900 charge plate and have been using both together for a week now nightly with no issues. Phone charges just fine. I also have an LG charge pad and just confirmed wireless charge works through case with that one also. Do not know why they say it will not work. Cannot comment on active case. Also, have not noticed any heat issues with case on while charging, at least with the nokia plate.

---------- Post added at 09:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:12 AM ----------

Curiosity got to me so I called Seido and asked about the disclaimer that the DNA cases are not compatible with wireless charging. The tech support person said it is because they do not have access to all the wireless chargers to test the compatibilty and therefore cannot honestly claim that their cases work with such accessories. Seems odd to not just state that on the website rather than saying not compatible, but I guess it could be true.

Anyway, I will update thread if I notice any problems down the line as my surface case is staying on and I will be wirelessly charging nightly.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tuxly For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ShelW
Old
Thanks Meter 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuxly View Post

Anyway, I will update thread if I notice any problems down the line as my surface case is staying on and I will be wirelessly charging nightly.
I have a Tetrax mount, which was used previously for my Thunderbolt.

The way they work is, you install a small x shaped mount onto your vent, and it has a magnet. You then attach, via adhesive, a small, metal disk to the back of your cell phones case, and the magnetic disk holds the phone onto the mount.

Well, I installed the metal disk to the back of my case with my DNA.

Worked fine, BUT... when I went to charge the phone, after about fifteen minutes, I removed the phone with case from my Nokia charger, and the small (about the size of a nickle) metal disk was burning hot! It actually burned my fingers!

I would imagine, based on this, that Seidio's Surface case with kickstand would have the same issue... the kickstand, I would imagine, will get incredibly hot, when you try charging your DNA with the Surface case on the device.

If anyone gets this case, I'd love to hear if it works with inductive charging, or not.