HDMI Splitter

Search This thread

DomCowell

Dec 4, 2010
Hello :)

Basically I was wondering whether a splitter would enable me to plug multiple devices in to my one monitor (as it only has one HDMI port). Looking to plug in a PC, PS3 and HTC MediaLink HD (a spare port would also be appreciated).

So yeah would this work ok - and if so, any suggestions would be appreciated!

(And I am capable of pressing the "Thanks" button!)

DanceOff

Feb 20, 2012
New Delhi

chateau1

Sep 19, 2012
Edit: I really meant to post this under Chromecast but decided to leave it here as well.

I had previously run 3 HDMI cables from my office TV through the attic and walls to three other TVs in my house for a project that I no longer use.

Outputs 1,2 and 3 of the 4-Port HDMI splitter are connected to an HDMI cable running to the other TVs with Output 4 connected to my Office TV.

Just for fun, I plugged my Chromecast into the Input of the HDMI splitter and it does work.

Ran a couple of quick tests and all the other TVs see and play anything that I cast from Netflix and/or Chrome Tab.

Probably not worth the effort normally but I did have everything in place.

Last edited:

hsktommox

Sep 29, 2013
Hello :)

Basically I was wondering whether a splitter would enable me to plug multiple devices in to my one monitor (as it only has one HDMI port). Looking to plug in a PC, PS3 and HTC MediaLink HD (a spare port would also be appreciated).

So yeah would this work ok - and if so, any suggestions would be appreciated!

(And I am capable of pressing the "Thanks" button!)

Not all splitter can plug multiple devices in to your one montitor. Just these 2 way or 4 way as well as 8 way hdmi splitter has this function. So you should buy a correct hdmi splitter best buy. or you will regret to get it.Good luck to you.