Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,784,939 Members 50,117 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Sweet Armor GNote Bumper & Mugen Extended Battery

Tip us?

loodeytunes
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Sweet Armor GNote Bumper & Mugen Extended Battery

First Im sorry if this has been asked before but anyone tried sweet armor yet? If so, will it work with the Mugen Extended Battery? Thanks =)

http://www.thesweetarmor.com/en/13-sweet-armor-gnote-2

Scythe024
Old
Thanks Meter 109
looks awesome but expensive for just a bumper.

tdrussell
Old
Thanks Meter 134
It looks nice- though definitely a little pricey. Also looks a little bulky in the back? Maybe it's the images.
G900V
The Following User Says Thank You to tdrussell For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

badrsj
Old
Thanks Meter 48
Coming from (SGS3 Galaxy S3) - new Note 2 owner
I've tried similar bumper for SGS3 - there is issues of the thing being heavy and adding to the weight of the device.
If the bumper makers had sense - they'd focus on the fit and adding protection - not adding looks/ metal and finish.
Now with extended batteries - the bumpers are a tough fit. Of the several I tried for the SGS3 only one fit.
If anyone knows better please post.

jlczl
Old
Thanks Meter 184
I have the Sweet Armor but no extended battery.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda premium
Verizon HTC One "BB Blue"
Sony Xperia Z
Galaxy Note 2 running Jedi ROM
iPad Mini with Retina Display
Galaxy Note 10.1
Asus Nexus 7
Galaxy Nexus
Galaxy Tab 3 7.0
Nokia 520
HTC Flyer
iPad 2 16gb WiFi version

Verizon, AirVoice Wireless and T-Mobile Value

Daemos
Old
Thanks Meter 45
Looks good...but aluminum will dent if dropped so drop the phone your phone might be protected but you need to get a new case

evolutionqy7
Old
Thanks Meter 31
Looks great, too expensive though.
Nokia N97 < HTC HD2 > HTC HD7 < Samsung Omnia 7 < HTC Titan < Galaxy S III < Galaxy Note II

Search before you post!
Post questions in the questions and answers section

rwa66
Old
Thanks Meter 25
Wow 70$. But i don't need an extra Note 2, I just want the bumper
The Following User Says Thank You to rwa66 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

\/icious
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Ihave a cheap metal bumper with my extended battery. You shouldnt have to worry about denting it but it will reduce signal and gps performance. Im going to mod it and see if I can remedy the issue. The one I bought was only 10 $ but doesnt screw together. I think the screw together versions are better. You should be able to find a cheap Chinese knock off sweet armor on ebay soon enough.
Samsung Galaxy Note 3

loodeytunes
Old
(Last edited by loodeytunes; 15th January 2013 at 03:57 PM.) Reason: Added PS
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
I had a sweet armor bumper and the mugen extended for the GNote 1 and they both fit perfectly, hence i asked =) It is indeed a little pricey so it will depend on personal preference, i guess. I have tried cheaper bumpers for the note 1 and none of them look as good as the sweet armor. Of course i understand some would prefer cheaper bumpers but this one has awesome look and finish. The sweet armor on my Note 1 still look as good today as it was on day 1 when i got it. Admitedly, I haven't dropped my Note 1 (thank god) so i cant say too much about the durability though. Not sure about the cheaper bumpers (i havent used them long enough) but definitely no dents/scratches from everyday wear and tear for this one though.

The only problem i had with the Note1 sweet armor though is that i lost a screw once and i had to replace it (it came with 5 extra screws btw) but that was my own negligence (prob a loose screw), never lost another screw after the first one til today =) the fit was awesome for my Note1, never had a reception problem (or not bad enough for me to notice at least). The extra weight wasnt a problem for me (I use a Note1 with the extended battery remember) but i'd think it wont add too much weight to a standard GNote. Just removed the bumper from my note1, and saw no scratch (from the bumper) on the sides of the phone.

PS: I went ahead and ordered one today and already got my shipping confirmation few hours later. I will try to update here with pics when it arrives. If it doesnt fit my mugen extended then i guess i will use it when im using the standard battery (I usually switch extended/standard battery depending on my need at the time). It will take a while cause i was being cheap and chose the cheaper shipping option.