Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,560 Members 53,316 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Sweet Armor GNote Bumper & Mugen Extended Battery

Tip us?
 
loodeytunes
Old
#11  
loodeytunes's Avatar
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 20
Join Date: Jun 2007
Default Re: Sweet Armor GNote Bumper & Mugen Extended Battery

Okay just got my bumper in the mail today. Fits perfect even with the mugen extended. Quality is awesome. Only complain I have is the side buttons feel a little loose, no biggie. And of course a lil too pricey. Comes with 3 extra buttons and five screws, loving it. It looks awesome =)

Sent from my GT-N7100 using XDA Premium HD app
 
jlczl
Old
#12  
jlczl's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 189
Posts: 892
Join Date: Oct 2005
Default Re: Sweet Armor GNote Bumper & Mugen Extended Battery

Quote:
Originally Posted by loodeytunes View Post
Okay just got my bumper in the mail today. Fits perfect even with the mugen extended. Quality is awesome. Only complain I have is the side buttons feel a little loose, no biggie. And of course a lil too pricey. Comes with 3 extra buttons and five screws, loving it. It looks awesome =)

Sent from my GT-N7100 using XDA Premium HD app
Can you post a pic? I have the sweet armor and am contemplating the Mugen but I'd like to see what it looks like first.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda premium
Verizon HTC One "BB Blue"
Sony Xperia Z
Galaxy Note 2 running Jedi ROM
iPad Mini with Retina Display
Galaxy Note 10.1
Asus Nexus 7
Galaxy Nexus
Galaxy Tab 3 7.0
Nokia 520
HTC Flyer
iPad 2 16gb WiFi version

Verizon, AirVoice Wireless and T-Mobile Value
 
loodeytunes
Old
#13  
loodeytunes's Avatar
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 20
Join Date: Jun 2007
Default Re: Sweet Armor GNote Bumper & Mugen Extended Battery

Am out atm without my note but sure ill post it when i get home. Ill post the phone + bumper + mugen. Any particular close up u want to see?

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using XDA Premium HD app
 
jlczl
Old
#14  
jlczl's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 189
Posts: 892
Join Date: Oct 2005
Default Re: Sweet Armor GNote Bumper & Mugen Extended Battery

Quote:
Originally Posted by loodeytunes View Post
Am out atm without my note but sure ill post it when i get home. Ill post the phone + bumper + mugen. Any particular close up u want to see?

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using XDA Premium HD app
Thanks. A pick of the back and a profile pic would be great.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda premium
Verizon HTC One "BB Blue"
Sony Xperia Z
Galaxy Note 2 running Jedi ROM
iPad Mini with Retina Display
Galaxy Note 10.1
Asus Nexus 7
Galaxy Nexus
Galaxy Tab 3 7.0
Nokia 520
HTC Flyer
iPad 2 16gb WiFi version

Verizon, AirVoice Wireless and T-Mobile Value
 
legionxx
Old
(Last edited by legionxx; 19th January 2013 at 08:02 PM.)
#15  
legionxx's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 38
Posts: 205
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Bandar Seri Begawan
Just ordered one a few days ago. And to compliment it, a white carbon fiber battery cover on ebay. Can't wait for both to arrive
Samsung Galaxy Note II
 
Kokanee483
Old
#16  
Kokanee483's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 17
Posts: 63
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: kingston
Default Re: Sweet Armor GNote Bumper & Mugen Extended Battery

Sweet bumper but wayyy too pricey considering the chinese are banging the same thing out for $10 a unit.

Still please post pics when yours comes in.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using xda app-developers app
 
jlczl
Old
(Last edited by jlczl; 19th January 2013 at 08:43 PM.)
#17  
jlczl's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 189
Posts: 892
Join Date: Oct 2005
Default Re: Sweet Armor GNote Bumper & Mugen Extended Battery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kokanee483 View Post
Sweet bumper but wayyy too pricey considering the chinese are banging the same thing out for $10 a unit.

Still please post pics when yours comes in.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using xda app-developers app
I would love to buy several if they are of the same quality. Could you provide a link where these are available for $10 please?

UPDATE: Saw the other thread you participated in about aluminum bumpers and I see what bumpers you're referring to. While they look nice, you get what you pay for. I tried one of those and the quality is MUCH lower than the Sweet Armor. It is lighter, thinner, and scratches the GN2 easily. I believe in paying for quality if it can be had and the SA is worth it IMO.

No offense to those who bought the $10 eBay bumpers though.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda premium
Verizon HTC One "BB Blue"
Sony Xperia Z
Galaxy Note 2 running Jedi ROM
iPad Mini with Retina Display
Galaxy Note 10.1
Asus Nexus 7
Galaxy Nexus
Galaxy Tab 3 7.0
Nokia 520
HTC Flyer
iPad 2 16gb WiFi version

Verizon, AirVoice Wireless and T-Mobile Value
 
legionxx
Old
(Last edited by legionxx; 19th January 2013 at 09:52 PM.)
#18  
legionxx's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 38
Posts: 205
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Bandar Seri Begawan
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlczl View Post
I would love to buy several if they are of the same quality. Could you provide a link where these are available for $10 please?

UPDATE: Saw the other thread you participated in about aluminum bumpers and I see what bumpers you're referring to. While they look nice, you get what you pay for. I tried one of those and the quality is MUCH lower than the Sweet Armor. It is lighter, thinner, and scratches the GN2 easily. I believe in paying for quality if it can be had and the SA is worth it IMO.

No offense to those who bought the $10 eBay bumpers though.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda premium
I had the SA on my SII, it was sweet but pricey. After I sold my SII to get the Note, I gave the $10 bumper a go for a cheaper bumper look. Unfortunately, it messed up my Note. Plastic started chipping off between the screen and bezel.

Cons: Flimsy built, one time it slipped about half a feet high (in account with the weight of phone). The frame wasn't in the best of shape anymore. Unsatisfying premium look, actually made my phone look cheap. Tight slider, which cause plastic area to chip off over time and possible scratches to screen protector or phone if your not careful.

Pros: Cheap, easily replaceable. (provided not parts/accessory of your phone that needs replacement caused by the bumper)

Imho, you get what you paid for and I paid more. But kudos to those who had no problem with their bumpers. On my Note II, It's just sad case if I had to go thru it again, that's why I'm going back to SA
Samsung Galaxy Note II
 
acb77
Old
#19  
Member
Thanks Meter 8
Posts: 53
Join Date: May 2011
I had one of my Galaxy S1. Well made piece of kit but I ultimately didnt like the feel in the hand and was dubious about the shock protection (on that version there were only a few little thin foam strips inside the bezel.
 
jlczl
Old
#20  
jlczl's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 189
Posts: 892
Join Date: Oct 2005
Default Re: Sweet Armor GNote Bumper & Mugen Extended Battery

Quote:
Originally Posted by whyandroiddude View Post
not sure that it will work with Mugen battery. They have their own leather case for the 6400mah GN2 battery.
Check it here http://www.mugen-power-batteries.com...tery-door.html
Loodeytunes said it fits and will be posting pics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by loodeytunes View Post
Okay just got my bumper in the mail today. Fits perfect even with the mugen extended. Quality is awesome. Only complain I have is the side buttons feel a little loose, no biggie. And of course a lil too pricey. Comes with 3 extra buttons and five screws, loving it. It looks awesome =)

Sent from my GT-N7100 using XDA Premium HD app
Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda premium
Verizon HTC One "BB Blue"
Sony Xperia Z
Galaxy Note 2 running Jedi ROM
iPad Mini with Retina Display
Galaxy Note 10.1
Asus Nexus 7
Galaxy Nexus
Galaxy Tab 3 7.0
Nokia 520
HTC Flyer
iPad 2 16gb WiFi version

Verizon, AirVoice Wireless and T-Mobile Value

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes