Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,324 Members 42,489 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[GUIDE] AOSP MMS CM10.1 on JB Touchwiz (Emoji, Quick Reply, 100% Working MMS)

Tip us?

grgsiocl
Old
(Last edited by grgsiocl; 15th January 2013 at 06:34 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4317
Default [GUIDE] AOSP MMS CM10.1 on JB Touchwiz (Emoji, Quick Reply, 100% Working MMS)

This mod brings you CM10.1 mms on the JB touchwiz ROMS as mentioned in title with POP UP feature and more than 400 emjoi! Tested on DLL7..

Files modified

1. MMS.apk from AOSP ROM
2. TelephoneProvider.apk
3. framework2.jar

Instructions to flash!

1, Make sure you take a backup of SMS & MMS as this mod will delete the database! You are warned!
2. Delete the Secmms.apk from system/app
3. Use root explorer and navigate to data/data/com.android.providers.telephony/databases/ and delete the mmssms.db file
4. Push the mms.apk to system/app and change the permissions to rw-r--r--
5. Push the Sectelephonyprovider.apk to system/app and change the permissions to rw-r--r--
6. Push framework2.jar to system/framework and change the permissions to rw-r--r--
7. Reboot the phone
8. Restore all your SMS

Flashable Zip!

BACKUP SMS & MMS - Flashing this mod will delete all sms and mms! - Download Link

How to revert back to stock sms

1. Backup SMS & MMS
2. Delete mms.apk from system/app
3. Copy the secmms.apk & sectelephonyprovider.apk to system/app
4. Copy & Replace framework2.jar in system/framework
5. Navigate to data/data/com.android.providers.telephony/databases/ and delete mmssms.db
6. Reboot the phone
7. Restore all your SMS & MMS! Profit!

Screenshots!

Credits
------------

Thanks to loserskater
The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to grgsiocl For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

grgsiocl
Old
(Last edited by grgsiocl; 15th January 2013 at 05:13 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4317
HOW TO MAKE THE MOD

Take the following files from your ROM

PHP Code:
system/app/SecTelephonyProvider.apk
/system/framework/framework2.jar (make sure it's framework2.jar) 
  • Decompile both the files!

1. Now navigate to /smali/com/google/android in fraemwork2.jar and delete the entire mms folder

2. Extract the copy of mms from here and copy the folder to /smali/com/google/android in framework2.jar

3. Now navigate to \sectelephonyprovider\smali\com\android\providers\ telephony and replace the following files with the zip attached

PHP Code:
MmsProvider.smali
MmsSmsDatabaseHelper$LowStorageMonitor
.smali
MmsSmsDatabaseHelper
.smali
MmsSmsProvider
.smali
SmsProvider
.smali 
4. Recompile framework2.jar and SecTelephonyProvider.apk

5. copy the mms.apk , SecTelephonyProvider.apk in system/app and change the permissions to rw--r--

6. copy the framework2.jar in system/framework and change the permissions to rw--r--

Note
-----------

on your device navigate to /data/data/com.android.providers.telephony/databases/ and delete following files if you have in order to MMS work

This will delete the entire SMS & MMS, so take a backup before you delete

PHP Code:
mmssms.db
mmssms
.db-shm
mmssms
.db-wal 
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to grgsiocl For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

prasadnaidu66
Old
Thanks Meter 203
Excellent......
Nice work ...
Phone : HTC ONE
Version : KK 4.4.2

webleeper
Old
Thanks Meter 49
Default Email addresses

does this MMS apk have the option to show contact's email addresses?
Note 2: F2FS 4.3 N3bula
Kernel: AGNi pureSTOCK I605 MJ9+ (ULTRA SMOOTH)
Galaxy S3: latest from Newcultking

djzero86
Old
Thanks Meter 29
Thanks men !!!! Good work...

Snott
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Many thanks ! How about an inverted apk with the same possibilities ? Aka quick reply ans so on.
Great work !

MrDeacon
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Excellent work!

Just one small thing; Notification during call doesn't seem to work. However, my gf, who is also running AOSP MMS on her S2 has the same problem. So it's probably not this specific mod that causes the problem.

200mpx
Old
(Last edited by 200mpx; 16th January 2013 at 02:47 PM.)
Thanks Meter 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by grgsiocl View Post
This mod brings you CM10.1 mms on the JB touchwiz ROMS as mentioned in title with POP UP feature and more than 400 emjoi! Tested on DLL7..

Files modified

1. MMS.apk from AOSP ROM
2. TelephoneProvider.apk
3. framework2.jar

Instructions to flash!

1, Make sure you take a backup of SMS & MMS as this mod will delete the database! You are warned!
2. Delete the Secmms.apk from system/app
3. Use root explorer and navigate to data/data/com.android.providers.telephony/databases/ and delete the mmssms.db file
4. Push the mms.apk to system/app and change the permissions to rw-r--r--
5. Push the Sectelephonyprovider.apk to system/app and change the permissions to rw-r--r--
6. Push framework2.jar to system/framework and change the permissions to rw-r--r--
7. Reboot the phone
8. Restore all your SMS

Flashable Zip!

BACKUP SMS & MMS - Flashing this mod will delete all sms and mms! - Download Link

How to revert back to stock sms

1. Backup SMS & MMS
2. Delete mms.apk from system/app
3. Copy the secmms.apk & sectelephonyprovider.apk to system/app
4. Copy & Replace framework2.jar in system/framework
5. Navigate to data/data/com.android.providers.telephony/databases/ and delete mmssms.db
6. Reboot the phone
7. Restore all your SMS & MMS! Profit!
Have made the same but in a little bit simplier way: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=6805

Why you change anything except SecMms.apk? Is there something not working without modified sectelephonyprovider.apk and framework2.jar? I'm just wondering because I havent found anything but perhaps I'm not using all possibilities of sms/mms

Just found that my option gives FC when trying send MMS Will try your method later today!
Think about it - is your overly penetrant signature really necessary? Your pictured signature may be intended as "fun" or "cool", but it might be perceived as immature. It distracts other users from the content they want to read and annoys users that want to contribute to quality discussions. Please reduce the penetrance of your signature and allow users to focus on the information they seek. (с) CaptnKernel

grgsiocl
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4317
Quote:
Originally Posted by 200mpx View Post
Have made the same but in a little bit simplier way: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=6805

Why you change anything except SecMms.apk? Is there something not working without modified sectelephonyprovider.apk and framework2.jar? I'm just wondering because I havent found anything but perhaps I'm not using all possibilities of sms/mms

Just found that my option gives FC when trying send MMS Will try your method later today!
in order to make MMS work, you need to infuse the code of CM10.1 or else, whenever you try to send MMS, the app will look for code in sectelephony and also framework2.jar which is not available (i mean it will have a code of sammy instead of CM10). Hence i need to follow the above said procedure!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to grgsiocl For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Snott
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by grgsiocl View Post
in order to make MMS work, you need to infuse the code of CM10.1 or else, whenever you try to send MMS, the app will look for code in sectelephony and also framework2.jar which is not available (i mean it will have a code of sammy instead of CM10). Hence i need to follow the above said procedure!
I don't know if I understood well but I tried to put the inverted mms apk inverted from 200mpx with the instructions of this thread (aka putting the sectelephony and framework.jar) and mms still didn't work, any idea ? Maybe you will be able to make the inverted apk compatible with your topic ? Thank you for your work !