5,597,762 Members 35,814 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[GUIDE] AOSP MMS CM10.1 on JB Touchwiz (Emoji, Quick Reply, 100% Working MMS)

Tip us?

Crash 1976
Old
Thanks Meter 5891

DONATE TO ME
Thanks my dear friend !!

Hugs
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Crash 1976 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

200mpx
Old
Thanks Meter 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snott View Post
I don't know if I understood well but I tried to put the inverted mms apk inverted from 200mpx with the instructions of this thread (aka putting the sectelephony and framework.jar) and mms still didn't work, any idea ? Maybe you will be able to make the inverted apk compatible with your topic ? Thank you for your work !
+1

Will highly appreciate if you can modify the inverted apk from my post - it is modded to have themes settings etc
Think about it - is your overly penetrant signature really necessary? Your pictured signature may be intended as "fun" or "cool", but it might be perceived as immature. It distracts other users from the content they want to read and annoys users that want to contribute to quality discussions. Please reduce the penetrance of your signature and allow users to focus on the information they seek. (с) CaptnKernel

Gilini
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Thanks for this

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda premium

DubelBoom
Old
Thanks Meter 300
Thanks!
Are you planning to port more AOSP apps to TW?
Maybe someday we will have a rom with Samsung features and stability, and AOSP look (as Chamelon for the SGS2. Or MIUI for our Note 2)
Google Nexus 5 - Black - 32GB

imilleson
Old
(Last edited by imilleson; 17th January 2013 at 02:55 AM.)
Thanks Meter 703

DONATE TO ME
Does this work on gs3

Edit--------------------

Installed and wouldn't boot. Reverted to backup. Oh well

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda premium
Graphic Design, Video Production, Websites, SEO, and more: Sakal Media
My Blogs: Media Blog or Purify Blog
My Portfolio Website: www.IsaacMilleson.com

Phone:
  1. Device: SGH-T999
  2. Modem/Baseband: UEMJC
  3. ROM: Dandroid
  4. Kernel: Stock
  5. Recovery: TWRP (latest)
My Bootanimations

grgsiocl
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4293
Quote:
Originally Posted by imilleson View Post
Does this work on gs3

Edit--------------------

Installed and wouldn't boot. Reverted to backup. Oh well

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda premium
sorry it wont work...the files uswd in this mod belongs to note2 with latest build...but you can follow the guide to make it work for s3.
The Following User Says Thank You to grgsiocl For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

imilleson
Old
Thanks Meter 703

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by grgsiocl View Post
sorry it wont work...the files uswd in this mod belongs to note2 with latest build...but you can follow the guide to make it work for s3.
Makes sense. I really want this so I am starting to follow your instructions to build it for my GS3. The only problem is one of the resources in the OP says is no longer available for violation of terms of services "2. Extract the copy of mms from here and copy the folder to /smali/com/google/android in framework2.jar" Can I get a copy of that so I can compile this ? BTW thank you for such a detailed instruction
Graphic Design, Video Production, Websites, SEO, and more: Sakal Media
My Blogs: Media Blog or Purify Blog
My Portfolio Website: www.IsaacMilleson.com

Phone:
  1. Device: SGH-T999
  2. Modem/Baseband: UEMJC
  3. ROM: Dandroid
  4. Kernel: Stock
  5. Recovery: TWRP (latest)
My Bootanimations

grgsiocl
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4293
Quote:
Originally Posted by imilleson View Post
Makes sense. I really want this so I am starting to follow your instructions to build it for my GS3. The only problem is one of the resources in the OP says is no longer available for violation of terms of services "2. Extract the copy of mms from here and copy the folder to /smali/com/google/android in framework2.jar" Can I get a copy of that so I can compile this ? BTW thank you for such a detailed instruction
i could able to download...anyway .. attached the zip...if you need any assistance, you can share the files as well...

mms.zip
The Following User Says Thank You to grgsiocl For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

grgsiocl
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4293
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snott View Post
I don't know if I understood well but I tried to put the inverted mms apk inverted from 200mpx with the instructions of this thread (aka putting the sectelephony and framework.jar) and mms still didn't work, any idea ? Maybe you will be able to make the inverted apk compatible with your topic ? Thank you for your work !
in order to make a inverted mms, you need to do the themeing, changing colors and also changing the hex codes in styles.xml...it is nothing to do with the smali files..

200mpx
Old
Thanks Meter 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by grgsiocl View Post
in order to make a inverted mms, you need to do the themeing, changing colors and also changing the hex codes in styles.xml...it is nothing to do with the smali files..
I think you did not understand what we are asking - could you please modify this mms apk (see attached) to use it instead of your stock CM apk in your method of secmms replacement? It is already modded to be inverted (black theme) and have themes settings.

Thank you in advance!
Attached Files
File Type: apk MmsCM10_Black.apk - [Click for QR Code] (3.14 MB, 23 views)
Think about it - is your overly penetrant signature really necessary? Your pictured signature may be intended as "fun" or "cool", but it might be perceived as immature. It distracts other users from the content they want to read and annoys users that want to contribute to quality discussions. Please reduce the penetrance of your signature and allow users to focus on the information they seek. (с) CaptnKernel

The Following User Says Thank You to 200mpx For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]