Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[GUIDE] AOSP MMS CM10.1 on JB Touchwiz (Emoji, Quick Reply, 100% Working MMS)

OP grgsiocl

17th January 2013, 08:28 PM   |  #21  
imilleson's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Albuquerque
Thanks Meter: 705
 
1,614 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 200mpx

I think you did not understand what we are asking - could you please modify this mms apk (see attached) to use it instead of your stock CM apk in your method of secmms replacement? It is already modded to be inverted (black theme) and have themes settings.

Thank you in advance!

Maybe you should ask nicely - lol - your asking sounded like a demand
17th January 2013, 08:55 PM   |  #22  
200mpx's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Moscow
Thanks Meter: 74
 
699 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2005
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by imilleson

Maybe you should ask nicely - lol - your asking sounded like a demand

Maybe I'm not very fluent in English, but on my humble opinion the turns of speech "could you please" and "thank you in advance" are quite polite.
17th January 2013, 09:07 PM   |  #23  
imilleson's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Albuquerque
Thanks Meter: 705
 
1,614 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2011
Donate to Me
More
Re: [GUIDE] AOSP MMS CM10.1 on JB Touchwiz (Emoji, Quick Reply, 100% Working MMS)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 200mpx

Maybe I'm not very fluent in English, but on my humble opinion the turns of speech "could you please" and "thank you in advance" are quite polite.

Lol no your doing good with the please and thank you , it was the "I think you didn't understand" but oh well maybe I am hyper sensitive. Cheers

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda premium
17th January 2013, 09:43 PM   |  #24  
200mpx's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Moscow
Thanks Meter: 74
 
699 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2005
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by imilleson

Lol no your doing good with the please and thank you , it was the "I think you didn't understand" but oh well maybe I am hyper sensitive. Cheers

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda premium

It is strange but I did not find you really sensitive, but it is a kind a offtopic
18th January 2013, 12:09 AM   |  #25  
imilleson's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Albuquerque
Thanks Meter: 705
 
1,614 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2011
Donate to Me
More
Question HBO help a brother out
Quote:
Originally Posted by grgsiocl

This mod brings you CM10.1 mms on the JB touchwiz ROMS as mentioned in title with POP UP feature and more than 400 emjoi! Tested on DLL7..

Hey man, I followed your instructions to a T and now after pushing the files to the corresponding places (renamed the old files and setting permissions), deleting the MMS DBs, and restarting, I now am getting FCs on my Messenger and Android.Phone. I used @elesbb's APK decompiler/recompiler for the APK and the JAR file you had me modify. Where did I go wrong? The box that says "automatically sign recompiled APKs" is checked so i know it is signed. I think the framework2.jar is working properly - it seems its the APK i modded that is causing problems. I would ask you to possibly look at my files but i don't know if that would even be helpful in this case
Last edited by imilleson; 18th January 2013 at 12:35 AM.
18th January 2013, 07:41 AM   |  #26  
OP Senior Member
Flag Kurnool, Andhra Pradesh
Thanks Meter: 4,393
 
2,691 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2009
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by imilleson

Hey man, I followed your instructions to a T and now after pushing the files to the corresponding places (renamed the old files and setting permissions), deleting the MMS DBs, and restarting, I now am getting FCs on my Messenger and Android.Phone. I used @elesbb's APK decompiler/recompiler for the APK and the JAR file you had me modify. Where did I go wrong? The box that says "automatically sign recompiled APKs" is checked so i know it is signed. I think the framework2.jar is working properly - it seems its the APK i modded that is causing problems. I would ask you to possibly look at my files but i don't know if that would even be helpful in this case

I never used any automated process for decompilng/compiling instead i do it manually and never faced nay problems though...but where is your files, so that i can have a look

edit: after flashing try to delete all these three files if it is available and again launch the app

mmssms.db
mmssms.db-shm
mmssms.db-wal
The Following User Says Thank You to grgsiocl For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th January 2013, 02:18 PM   |  #27  
200mpx's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Moscow
Thanks Meter: 74
 
699 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2005
More
Here is the apk of inverted modded to have theming possibilities mms app with additional mod - "Read" (mark as read) button in notification in addition to "Call" and "Replay"

Source: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...9#post36867879

grgsiocl, could you please modify it to have working mms possibilities?

Thank you in advance!
Attached Files
File Type: apk Mms_HDPI_V2.apk - [Click for QR Code] (2.34 MB, 20 views)
18th January 2013, 07:28 PM   |  #28  
imilleson's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Albuquerque
Thanks Meter: 705
 
1,614 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by grgsiocl

I never used any automated process for decompilng/compiling instead i do it manually and never faced nay problems though...but where is your files, so that i can have a look

edit: after flashing try to delete all these three files if it is available and again launch the app

mmssms.db
mmssms.db-shm
mmssms.db-wal

Yes i did manually delete those MMS database files, fixed permissions, cleared cache... Here are the files i modified as per your instructions - i don't know if you will be able to see if i screwed them up somehow; i decompiled one, made the changes as instructed, then recompiled. It all went so smooth but they FC on my phone
Attached Files
File Type: jar framework2.jar - [Click for QR Code] (1.85 MB, 1 views)
File Type: apk SecTelephonyProvider.apk - [Click for QR Code] (48.6 KB, 1 views)
19th January 2013, 03:45 PM   |  #29  
Senior Member
Flag Kuala Lumpur
Thanks Meter: 47
 
469 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2009
Donate to Me
i flashed the zip and all, the app worked, however, when i tried to restore a backup, both Titanium Backup and SMS Backup & Restore failed on me halfway. On SMSB&R I get an error ""Unable to find or allocate a thread ID."" whilst TB just stated an element has failed. At first I thought my backups are corrupted, but I did a full wipe anyway to get back to stock, the same backups work on both apps. Now that I flashed your zip again, and i get the same error, any idea? thanks in advance.

EDIT: I have tried restoring the 3 changed files to stock, reboot/wipe dalvik and cache/deleting the .db's/freezing the mms.apk/reflashing the rom (no wipe), before restoring but none worked, only a full wipe would help.
Last edited by Kellicros; 19th January 2013 at 03:52 PM.
19th January 2013, 04:46 PM   |  #30  
OP Senior Member
Flag Kurnool, Andhra Pradesh
Thanks Meter: 4,393
 
2,691 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2009
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellicros

i flashed the zip and all, the app worked, however, when i tried to restore a backup, both Titanium Backup and SMS Backup & Restore failed on me halfway. On SMSB&R I get an error ""Unable to find or allocate a thread ID."" whilst TB just stated an element has failed. At first I thought my backups are corrupted, but I did a full wipe anyway to get back to stock, the same backups work on both apps. Now that I flashed your zip again, and i get the same error, any idea? thanks in advance.

EDIT: I have tried restoring the 3 changed files to stock, reboot/wipe dalvik and cache/deleting the .db's/freezing the mms.apk/reflashing the rom (no wipe), before restoring but none worked, only a full wipe would help.

Use gobackup free app from the market and take a backup and restore with this application...

The Following User Says Thank You to grgsiocl For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes