[App] [4.2] NiLS - Lock Screen Notifications Widget (v1.0.6)
NiLS is a very useful widget that displays notifications on lockscreen using Android 4.2 lock screen widget mechanism.
The app has been reported to work well with WidgetLocker on Android 4.0.4 (see notes below)
1. Handles all dismissable notifications including but not limited to missed calls, SMS, Facebook, Gmail, etc. (the app runs as accessibility service and receives all notifications) - there are issues with some apps, see notes below
2. Allow launching the app from the notifications list.
3. Combines multiple similar notifications into one notification with counter.
4. Turns on the screen when a new notification arrives. (Optional)
5. Display small/big clock with time and date desc above the notifications list.
6. Allow showing full original notification content as it appears on notifications bar.
7. Clear notifications list when device is unlocked (optional)
8. Experimental - clear all notifications when clear button is clicked on android notifications bar. (optional)
9. Allow blacklisting specific apps so they won't display notifications on the widget.
1. Download and install the app from the link below.
2. Goto android settings - accessibility
3. Touch on NiLS and then turn it on.
4. Approve the android warning. (this is standard android warning for every accessibility service, this app DOES NOT collect any information)
5. Lock the screen and add Notifications Widget to the lock screen.
Important: If your Android version is less than 4.2 you'll HAVE TO use WidgetLocker app (paid app on Google Play) to show the widget on the lockscreen, and it still have some issues - see notes below.
Download from Google Play
Unstable dev release:
If you want to receive early updates for alpha/beta versions you can join this group on Google Plus:
And you'll receive an update on Google Play whenever an alpha/beta version is available.
v1.0 release notes
- a new appearance screen with plenty new appearance options - you can customize almost anything!
- Multiple appearance settings for collapsed and expanded states (relevant to Android 4.2)
- Persistent notifications support
- App priorities
- Stability improvements - no more reboots on Nexus 4!
- Reduced battery consumption (on some devices)
- On some cases after enabling the service the web browser starts talking to you. If this happens disable Talkback service as described here
Samsung S4 Users
- this is the workaround for silencing the talk back:
It's a dirty hack, but it works.
1. Install 3rd party TTS Engine, like "Classic Text-to-Speech", but DO NOT install any language pack after installing the app.
2. Go to Android Settings -> Device Settings -> Language and input -> Text to speech output.
3. Choose the new installed engine as your default text-to-speech engine. make sure it has no language installed by clicking on "Listen to an exapmle" and hear nothing.
That's it - your device will stop speaking to you.
Unfortunately this will silent Google Navigation and any app using TTS too...
All of the open issues are listed on
Only issues with milestone are planned for that version.
Please let me know what you think and if you have ideas for improvements.
I will be thankful if you'll post of your ideas and bug reports there, I promise to reply for every issue posted there.
: If you want to support development of this widget, please post a positive review on Google Play, if you want support even more - you can download my game Rolly Poly
. it has a free