Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[N4-Conversion][CM10.1][SOURCE-BUILT][GEEB] CM10.1 nightly (1/17/13)

OP sk8erwitskil

15th January 2013, 08:33 AM   |  #1  
sk8erwitskil's Avatar
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag San Jose
Thanks Meter: 2,637
 
1,362 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2010
Donate to Me
More
you need to do the n4 conversion first.

ok so i compiled a cm10.1 rom from source. your phone will now be recognized as an Optimus G and not a Nexus 4. I will be working on fixing NFC, storage issues and cap buttons. I wanted to get a working source tree for our phone first.

download here: http://d-h.st/U7f

not working:
- only uses 8gb of sdcard
- no external sd
- nfc
- HDMI out (MHL)

Source:
https://github.com/sk8erwitskil/vendor_lge_geeb-cm10.1
https://github.com/sk8erwitskil/kernel_lge_geeb-cm10.1
https://github.com/sk8erwitskil/device_lge_geeb-cm10.1

Thanks to SnowLeopardJB for helping get the fixes for this so far.

Last edited by sk8erwitskil; 19th January 2013 at 12:39 AM.
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to sk8erwitskil For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th January 2013, 08:45 AM   |  #2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 32
 
200 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2011
More
Woah now, this post has been up for 15 minutes and no comments?
Does this require the n4 transformation .tot first?

Edit: After flashing I am not able to boot..Going to test again in a minute just to make sure.
Last edited by MrZim4; 15th January 2013 at 09:04 AM.
15th January 2013, 08:58 AM   |  #3  
_Epic's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Lakeland, FL
Thanks Meter: 1,187
 
1,819 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
More


But awesome job. Can't wait to see progress on Sprint OG.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using xda premium
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to _Epic For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th January 2013, 09:04 AM   |  #4  
sk8erwitskil's Avatar
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag San Jose
Thanks Meter: 2,637
 
1,362 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2010
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrZim4

Woah now, this post has been up for 15 minutes and no comments?
Does this require the n4 transformation .tot first?

yes. thank you for pointing that out
15th January 2013, 09:08 AM   |  #5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 32
 
200 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sk8erwitskil

yes. thank you for pointing that out

Thanks, makes sense why I am black screen-ing. I'm doing the mod and flashing this asap
15th January 2013, 09:32 AM   |  #6  
ChefAnt's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Milwaukee
Thanks Meter: 269
 
1,168 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2012
Donate to Me
More
Thanks sk8!! Seems like everything other than what you mentioned is working And who said the LGOG has crappy development?
15th January 2013, 09:53 AM   |  #7  
HyDRo1X's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Costa Mesa
Thanks Meter: 28
 
265 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
More
So is this a rom? If so doesn't it belong in original android development? And what's the n4 conversion and is there a thread for it? Link?

Thrown up by my LG Optimus G, why you jelly at my superior phone?

---------- Post added at 09:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:45 AM ----------

Never mind on the n4 conversion

Thrown up by my LG Optimus G, why you jelly at my superior phone?

---------- Post added at 09:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:46 AM ----------

Matter a fact forget the whole thing, I read the other threads like we all should be doing and I got all my answers lol

Thrown up by my LG Optimus G, why you jelly at my superior phone?
15th January 2013, 10:38 AM   |  #8  
sk8erwitskil's Avatar
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag San Jose
Thanks Meter: 2,637
 
1,362 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2010
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyDRo1X

So is this a rom? If so doesn't it belong in original android development? And what's the n4 conversion and is there a thread for it? Link?

Thrown up by my LG Optimus G, why you jelly at my superior phone?

---------- Post added at 09:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:45 AM ----------

Never mind on the n4 conversion

Thrown up by my LG Optimus G, why you jelly at my superior phone?

---------- Post added at 09:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:46 AM ----------

Matter a fact forget the whole thing, I read the other threads like we all should be doing and I got all my answers lol

Thrown up by my LG Optimus G, why you jelly at my superior phone?

Its not in original because I didn't create it. I merely kanged some stuff. I'm in the process of compiling a dedicated ROM from source

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sk8erwitskil For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th January 2013, 10:52 AM   |  #9  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 142
 
648 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sk8erwitskil

Its not in original because I didn't create it. I merely kanged some stuff. I'm in the process of compiling a dedicated ROM from source

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

I'm assuming by source you mean LG's UI?

Sent from my LG-E970 using Tapatalk 2
15th January 2013, 11:03 AM   |  #10  
ChefAnt's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Milwaukee
Thanks Meter: 269
 
1,168 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by C2fifield

I'm assuming by source you mean LG's UI?

Sent from my LG-E970 using Tapatalk 2

No. Source is what Devs use to build ROMs and kernels.

Sent from my Optimus G using xda premium

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes