Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,495 Members 37,475 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[BOOTLOADER] 2nd-Bootloader/Recovery unlock process for KFire 2 [TWRP 2.6.3.0]

Tip us?

powerpoint45
Old
Thanks Meter 1,892

DONATE TO ME
Default repo

@hashcode Do you know why this keeps happening?

Code:
Get https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android
  % Total    % Received % Xferd  Average Speed   Time    Time     Time  Current
                                 Dload  Upload   Total   Spent    Left  Speed
  0     0    0     0    0     0      0      0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:--     0
curl: (22) The requested URL returned error: 404
Server does not provide clone.bundle; ignoring.

Donate by buying my launcher: Lucid Launcher Pro
The system wants you dead; be cautious!

Hashcode
Old
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 22,390

DONATE TO ME
Sometimes it takes a few tries if github is having issues.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hashcode For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

MisterSir69
Old
Thanks Meter 7
I want to attempt this, Little Confused on where to place the downloaded files and how to push them and Where to take the files that need to be stored for safe keeping.
The Following User Says Thank You to MisterSir69 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Hashcode
Old
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 22,390

DONATE TO ME
The boot.img and recovery.img download files stay on your computer where you will use the fastboot command to flash them to the device.
The ROM.zip and gapps need to be placed on the /sdcard so that you can browse to them in TWRP.

And save the files that you pull in step #1 somewhere on your PC for safe-keeping.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hashcode For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

MisterSir69
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hashcode View Post
The boot.img and recovery.img download files stay on your computer where you will use the fastboot command to flash them to the device.
The ROM.zip and gapps need to be placed on the /sdcard so that you can browse to them in TWRP.

And save the files that you pull in step #1 somewhere on your PC for safe-keeping.
I think My problem is, I dont know how to pull or push files using ADB. Any step by step process to learn how to do this?

fmkilo
Old
Thanks Meter 187

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterSir69 View Post
I want to attempt this, Little Confused on where to place the downloaded files and how to push them and Where to take the files that need to be stored for safe keeping.
The files that need to be kept, the stock backup needs to be kept safe somewhere on your pc.
You pretty much need to be running mac or linux for the stack override.
put the .zips on your sdcard of your kindle.
you push them with adb
The most important part is that you don't get flustered, and have a factory cable on hand for emergencies..
The Following User Says Thank You to fmkilo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

MisterSir69
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by fmkilo View Post
The files that need to be kept, the stock backup needs to be kept safe somewhere on your pc.
you push them with adb
The most important part is that you don't get flustered, and have a factory cable on hand for emergencies..
not getting flusterd thats for sure, LOL im loving the input and learning how to do this, It keeps me busy. I just dont know how to use the commands that have bee supplied. And where the files will be backedup too so I can save them

---------- Post added at 02:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:08 AM ----------

LOL okay, Looks like I have Figured out how to push these files. Im assuming the TWRP and other 2 files Need to be placed in the SDK/platform-tools Folder. Please correct me if im wrong. The other Files Gapps and Rom need to be placed on the sdcard. Think I have this figured out. Still confused on how to get the backup to run. At cmd prompt I navigate to my SDK/platformtools folder and I type the first command But I get Remote object adb pull /dev/block/platform/omap/omap_hsmmc.1/by-name/boot not a file or Directory

mindmajick
Old
Thanks Meter 2,912

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by fmkilo View Post
you push them with adb
When you say "pretty much"... does this mean it CAN'T be done on windows?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

iytrix
Old
Thanks Meter 45
I noticed you said the HD codec doesn't work? What exactly does this affect?

I use the kindle mainly for netflix now, so will it not load the HD video somehow? I've never really understood codecs even on PCs, just knew that I had to download vlc and everything was fine and dandy haha.

Great work though guys! Thanks for all the time and effort you've put into this. Now that we are over the main hurdle everything should fall into place for getting it all working. Powerpoint will you be working on a ROM at all? It seems like you want to make things for personal use but I'm sure we would all love a much loved and worked on ROM with neat features :P

Once again, thank you all!

fmkilo
Old
Thanks Meter 187

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by iytrix View Post
I noticed you said the HD codec doesn't work? What exactly does this affect?

I use the kindle mainly for netflix now, so will it not load the HD video somehow? I've never really understood codecs even on PCs, just knew that I had to download vlc and everything was fine and dandy haha.

Great work though guys! Thanks for all the time and effort you've put into this. Now that we are over the main hurdle everything should fall into place for getting it all working. Powerpoint will you be working on a ROM at all? It seems like you want to make things for personal use but I'm sure we would all love a much loved and worked on ROM with neat features :P

Once again, thank you all!
netflix won't load nor will hd youtube. He's working on hdcodec.

---------- Post added at 07:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:49 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterSir69 View Post
not getting flusterd thats for sure, LOL im loving the input and learning how to do this, It keeps me busy. I just dont know how to use the commands that have bee supplied. And where the files will be backedup too so I can save them

---------- Post added at 02:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:08 AM ----------

LOL okay, Looks like I have Figured out how to push these files. Im assuming the TWRP and other 2 files Need to be placed in the SDK/platform-tools Folder. Please correct me if im wrong. The other Files Gapps and Rom need to be placed on the sdcard. Think I have this figured out. Still confused on how to get the backup to run. At cmd prompt I navigate to my SDK/platformtools folder and I type the first command But I get Remote object adb pull /dev/block/platform/omap/omap_hsmmc.1/by-name/boot not a file or Directory
Quote:
Originally Posted by mindmajick View Post
When you say "pretty much"... does this mean it CAN'T be done on windows?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
these are very similar, I assume you are both using windows. @mindmajick, if you try to pull the block images from windows, you get the error that @MisterSir69 got.
To circumnavigate this, go ahead and use
Code:
adb shell su -c 'dd if=/dev/block/platform/omap/omap_hsmmc.1/by-name/recovery of=/sdcard/recovery.img'
adb shell su -c 'dd if=/dev/block/platform/omap/omap_hsmmc.1/by-name/boot of=/sdcard/boot.img'
adb shell su -c 'dd if=/dev/block/platform/omap/omap_hsmmc.1/by-name/system of=/sdcard/system.img'
adb pull /sdcard/recovery.img /some freaking directory you remember
adb pull /sdcard/boot.img /some freaking directory you remember
adb pull /sdcard/system.img /some freaking directory you remember
that should eliminate the errors.. and that is how you do that part on windows. the other part is creating the stack, it needs to either be given to a windows user, or the user has to boot into linux or mac to make it.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to fmkilo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]