XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[GUIDE] How to Unlock & Root & Recovery & Google Play for x920e Htc Butterfly

Tip us?

NZtechfreak
Old
Thanks Meter 907
Quote:
Originally Posted by damagedigital View Post
At 1st it was semi-root..but I had modded the method from this thread with another thread instead...I only use this thread to install the open recovery and I used another thread(the one with the GUI tool) to root. So now I got my perm root and an english SuperSu
Can you link to the exact thread?
Twitter: @nztechfreak
Blogs: androidnz.net, blog.clove.co.uk
Facebook: http://goo.gl/baZHQ

Ch1337
Old
Thanks Meter 1
test

Mo4H
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Nice Guide!

Julie Bonnet
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Very nice!

eliaslear
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Default yes

im going to try this tomorrow.

hsnu_976
Old
(Last edited by hsnu_976; 25th March 2013 at 02:56 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Default Deleted system application are auto restored after rebooting

Thanks for your sharing. I've completed the steps you provided, and I have install the google service package successfully.
But I got a problem now, below is my steps before my problems occurs. Kindly need your help to figure out what can I do.
1.Unlock the bootloader (HTC offically)
2.Flash recovery (openrecovery-twrp-2.3.3.1-dlxu.img)
3.Flash root.zip by recovery (SuperSU V0.99)
4.Flash google packages (gapps-jb-20121130-signed.zip) => google market/youtube/... works fine!
5.Delete some apps that I don't need from system/app: AlbumWall.apk/AlbumWall.odex/AliPayMSP.apk/AliPayMSP.odex/...
6.Reboot devices
7.Delete the camera apk for a mistake, and I do factory data reset in the setting page.(In order to resotre camera apk)
===================================
8.After step 7, every time I reboots the device, a application upgrading process is executed once. And the application AlbumWall.apk/AlbumWall.odex/AliPayMSP.apk/AliPayMSP.odex/.. I deleted in system/app are all restored back to the device.
PS. The application upgrading process is after HTC booting splash, a message box displayed(see attached files).

Does anyone have any ideas? Many thanks.

DeXale
Old
Thanks Meter 0
can you please updates the gapps file. the link is dead.
Thanks

allblur
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Default It worked, thanks so much

Hey guys just want to let you know that this thread was VERY helpful. Though I had to switch between my mac and windows for rooting/flashing/ recovery lol This was my first device that I've tried rooting and it worked wonderfully. If any of you have any questions I'll be glad to answer them due to the hour and half of grinding the internet for cmd and terminal access HAHA

veasna.kelly
Old
Thanks Meter 42
Default Any solutions so far?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsnu_976 View Post
Thanks for your sharing. I've completed the steps you provided, and I have install the google service package successfully.
But I got a problem now, below is my steps before my problems occurs. Kindly need your help to figure out what can I do.
1.Unlock the bootloader (HTC offically)
2.Flash recovery (openrecovery-twrp-2.3.3.1-dlxu.img)
3.Flash root.zip by recovery (SuperSU V0.99)
4.Flash google packages (gapps-jb-20121130-signed.zip) => google market/youtube/... works fine!
5.Delete some apps that I don't need from system/app: AlbumWall.apk/AlbumWall.odex/AliPayMSP.apk/AliPayMSP.odex/...
6.Reboot devices
7.Delete the camera apk for a mistake, and I do factory data reset in the setting page.(In order to resotre camera apk)
===================================
8.After step 7, every time I reboots the device, a application upgrading process is executed once. And the application AlbumWall.apk/AlbumWall.odex/AliPayMSP.apk/AliPayMSP.odex/.. I deleted in system/app are all restored back to the device.
PS. The application upgrading process is after HTC booting splash, a message box displayed(see attached files).

Does anyone have any ideas? Many thanks.
Anybody has solution so far? Really boring with the auto set up chinese app as those are not useful.

asty87
Old
Thanks Meter 0
thanks for sharing. gj