Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,501 Members 47,638 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Kept my unlimited plan when I upgraded on 01/06/13

Tip us?

rockingout92
Old
Thanks Meter 24
Default Re: Kept my unlimited plan when I upgraded on 01/06/13

The point is that you CAN'T get unlimited anymore. You can only do everything in your power to keep it. Those that have an existing line with unlimited and want to keep it? Add a line, or upgrade an alternate line and switch the new phone to your unlimited. And for the love of God do not switch to share everything as it will kick the unltd. Off all your lines.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
Verizon Wireless LG G2
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rockingout92 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

shahr12
Old
Thanks Meter 4
[QUOTE=rockingout92;37877724]The point is that you CAN'T get unlimited anymore. You can only do everything in your power to keep it. Those that have an existing line with unlimited and want to keep it? Add a line, or upgrade an alternate line and switch the new phone to your unlimited. And for the love of God do not switch to share everything as it will kick the unltd. Off all your lines.

I agree. You need to be on a shared plan and then use one of two ways that you mentioned to keep your unlimited.

srath16
Old
Thanks Meter 19

You can keep your unlimited data as long as you are using another line for the upgrade. The trick is to not renew the contact for the line that has the unlimited data. Once an upgrade has been done on the account for another line, you can flip flop the hardware wherever you would like.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app

RFrisch
Old
Thanks Meter 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambo172 View Post
I would just switch one of the upgrades to another line that doesn't have the upgrade then switch the note II to your line. Before you do this, ask Verizon. I know transferring an upgrade from a line with unlimited data to a line that doesn't have it works since I triple checked with Verizon (which worked when I did it in December)

Sent from my Note II
+1

Sent from my Transformer using XDA Premium HD app

Acturbo
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjonmoo73 View Post
Has anyone else tried this tactic at any other Verizon dealer? I'm curious if they all know about it or if you were lucky with the Verizon people in your area.
Def not all know about it. If you remove a smartphone from an account the Verizon system automatically takes the data plan off the account. If you add it back after the system would then automatically put the account on the tiered data plan. I am a dealer and have no idea how this was accomplished without one of the other methods mentioned in this thread.

Rootuser3.0
Old
Thanks Meter 108

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acturbo View Post
Def not all know about it. If you remove a smartphone from an account the Verizon system automatically takes the data plan off the account. If you add it back after the system would then automatically put the account on the tiered data plan. I am a dealer and have no idea how this was accomplished without one of the other methods mentioned in this thread.
Some Verizon employee told me if I have a dumb phone add it to my account then it becomes immediately available for upgrade tona 4g phone since it was my own equipment then I can move that alreadyv activared upgrade phone to my unlimited line is this true? I thought if I add a line my whole account which has 3 unlimited lines all go into that share everything BS

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda premium

eraursls1984
Old
Thanks Meter 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by srath16 View Post
You can keep your unlimited data as long as you are using another line for the upgrade. The trick is to not renew the contact for the line that has the unlimited data. Once an upgrade has been done on the account for another line, you can flip flop the hardware wherever you would like.
You use the upgrade on another line but the line that originally had the upgrade is the one that gets the extended contract, but it will still remain unlimited.

textron
Old
Thanks Meter 4
There is another way to keep your unlimited data and upgrade your line. I am not sure how long term it will be but I upgraded my line directly and still have had unlimited data since Dec.

droidstyle
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3320

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by droidstyle View Post
you can use another lines upgrade on your plan and keep unlimited data...however nobody on your plan including yourself can use the upgrade on your line without losing unlimited. this is nothing new alot of us have been doing this for a bit now. Enjoy the note2 its a great device!
bump...
Devices:
VZW Galaxy Note III Dev. Edition
VZW Galaxy S III
Asus T. Prime
---------
VZW Galaxy S Fascinate GUIDE
VZW Galaxy S III GUIDE
VZW Galaxy Note II GUIDE
VZW Galaxy Note III GUIDE

thenuke1
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 27
to the people i sent PMs to about the location and other info for the loophole

if you guys could please update me here.

as far as i know only me (upgraded to note 2) and my sister (downgraded from Droid x to Iphone 4s lol) got the deal.
Phones had
Blackberry 8330 - great little phone served me well. That being said, i will never own a RIM device.

Droid X - my intro to Rooting / unlocking. Learned alot from this device. Hell of a lot of bricking lol

Active Devices

Note II *running Jelly Beans 10*

Galaxy tab 2 *running Sungsonic HD*

Samsung LED 55ES7500

for Trade : Brand New Zoo Gue Galaxy S3 cover Black