5,593,293 Members 32,550 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Casemate Tough Case - Pics/Review

Tip us?

sleshepic
Old
(Last edited by sleshepic; 15th July 2013 at 02:24 AM.)
Recognized Themer - OP
Thanks Meter 5726

DONATE TO ME
Default Casemate Tough Case - Pics/Review

The Tough cases has always been the best I've owned. They have changed the design up for our Note 2 (just like trident, I feel these companies are debuting the latest and greatest with our phone). So I've reviewed it below.

Made a separate review thread here, easier to post a bunch of pics.

http://www.teamvenum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=686
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to sleshepic For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

thehunter88
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Thank you for the info.

My 2 cents: can't see how this is "tough". I used to work in Retail and we carried these Case mate's for other phones, and i can't see how it is better protection than an Otterbox (though sadly they make ugly cases for all the phones I own), or even Ballistic. They seem kinda of .. regular.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thehunter88 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

wase4711
Old
Thanks Meter 3230

DONATE TO ME
40 bucks seems kinda high for a case like that...I know eventually they will come to amazon for a lot cheaper..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wase4711 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sleshepic
Old
Recognized Themer - OP
Thanks Meter 5726

DONATE TO ME
For my S2 I had every case there was and it was always the best for being rugged, slim, and awesome grip. The name may make it sound like a contender with the otterbox defender, but its certainly more in the commuter class if thats what your looking for. The design looks different than previous versions, just hope it works out in a good way.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda premium

randpost
Old
Thanks Meter 225
I will say one thing about case-mate, they seem to have good build quality from past products I've tried. They have less pronounced mold lines etc.

Otterbox's are riddled with ugly mold lines everywhere or at least their recent products.

Pompsdai
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Oops didnt see this thread when i created mine hehe ...

Pre-order is available @ shop andrioid Canada. Another promising looking case. Reminds me of a mix of the Body Glove and Diztronic Case.

Canadian Link: http://ca.shopandroid.com/case-mate-...0/4AA13535.htm

Case mate for Note 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1FP3TdTO0s

Built to withstand sudden drops and accidental falls, the Tough Case is the epitome of protection. A snug, form fitting silicone wrap provides shock resistance, while the hard shell protects against impact. The lightweight, slim case adds support and shields your Samsung Galaxy Note 2, keeping your emotional state intact, one drop at a time.

Features:
- Dual layers of silicone and ABS hard shell plastic combine for secure protection
- Form fit feature covers back and corners
- Impact resistant, flexible plastic shell
- Access to all ports and functions
The Following User Says Thank You to Pompsdai For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

zkyevolved
Old
Thanks Meter 276
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pompsdai View Post
Oops didnt see this thread when i created mine hehe ...

Pre-order is available @ shop andrioid Canada. Another promising looking case. Reminds me of a mix of the Body Glove and Diztronic Case.

Canadian Link: http://ca.shopandroid.com/case-mate-...0/4AA13535.htm

Case mate for Note 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1FP3TdTO0s

Built to withstand sudden drops and accidental falls, the Tough Case is the epitome of protection. A snug, form fitting silicone wrap provides shock resistance, while the hard shell protects against impact. The lightweight, slim case adds support and shields your Samsung Galaxy Note 2, keeping your emotional state intact, one drop at a time.

Features:
- Dual layers of silicone and ABS hard shell plastic combine for secure protection
- Form fit feature covers back and corners
- Impact resistant, flexible plastic shell
- Access to all ports and functions
It also says "Available!" I'd love this case, but 40 bucks for it without any reviews? I'll wait a week and let Youtube and the forum populate a little ^.^ hehe. But I LOVE the tough case! I had it for another phone and it was great. hehe.

sleshepic
Old
Recognized Themer - OP
Thanks Meter 5726

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by zkyevolved View Post
It also says "Available!" I'd love this case, but 40 bucks for it without any reviews? I'll wait a week and let Youtube and the forum populate a little ^.^ hehe. But I LOVE the tough case! I had it for another phone and it was great. hehe.
Yup, Available is always good. My tracking just popped up and I should have it in a few, they had quick turn around on the order. Wish they had a red and black option, but they only just put em out

blaxican25
Old
Thanks Meter 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by thehunter88 View Post
Thank you for the info.

My 2 cents: can't see how this is "tough". I used to work in Retail and we carried these Case mate's for other phones, and i can't see how it is better protection than an Otterbox (though sadly they make ugly cases for all the phones I own), or even Ballistic. They seem kinda of .. regular.
Lol I agree with you can't see how this case is tough lets see someone do a drop test like the ones for otterbox for are phone and then will see just how tough the case is ,,

androidaddict23
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Default Re: Now Available - Casemate Tough Case

I have one purchased from att today love it only gripe a lot of lift where the camera sits.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda premium