Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,799 Members 47,669 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Casemate Tough Case - Pics/Review

Tip us?

vectron
Old
Thanks Meter 1925
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleshepic View Post
Just got my tough case. I am nothing but impressed. This thing is so light and thin! Barely feels like there is a case on the phone yet has great protection, all the corners are well protected, none of the edges pull back like EVERY other case ive had. Will post pics and review in the OP tonight when I can.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda premium
Can't wait for review and pictures!

sleshepic
Old
(Last edited by sleshepic; 20th January 2013 at 04:29 AM.)
Recognized Themer - OP
Thanks Meter 6655

DONATE TO ME
Default Re: Now Available - Casemate Tough Case

My apt has the worst lighting, tryin to set this up for some pics...

Uploading pics to Team Server. Took a whole bunch so am gonna post them on the Team site and create a new thread. Will link in OP. That way I don't feel bad litter the thread with tons of pics
Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda premium
If you enjoy my work, Please Consider a Donation. I go through alot of Coffee

sleshepic
Old
Recognized Themer - OP
Thanks Meter 6655

DONATE TO ME
Posted the link in the OP, whipped together a quick review and put a bunch of pics on the team site, might add more etc tomorrow

http://www.teamvenum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=686
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sleshepic For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Pompsdai
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleshepic View Post
Posted the link in the OP, whipped together a quick review and put a bunch of pics on the team site, might add more etc tomorrow

http://www.teamvenum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=686
nice review :bigthumb:

would you say its in the otter commuter category as well? is there sagging along the lip or is it snug enough not to let particles in?

gpgalanis
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pompsdai View Post
nice review :bigthumb:

would you say its in the otter commuter category as well? is there sagging along the lip or is it snug enough not to let particles in?
The lip around the screen seems much smaller than the commuter and overall I think is below the commuter in terms of overall protection.
The Following User Says Thank You to gpgalanis For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jackwins
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by zkyevolved View Post
Now I'm stuck between UAG and this case :s
Order them both, that what I did

FYI, you can get 50% off ($20) of the case-mate with the "FRIENDS50" promo code.

Your welcome
- Jackwins
I'm your idol, your highest title, numero uno...
The Following User Says Thank You to jackwins For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

LaDoyers
Old
Thanks Meter 99
How are the edges for the PC portion of the case? The tough case I had for my S2 had pretty sharp edges on the bottom portion, ended up sanding it down a bit. No other gripes though, slim case with dual layer protection had survived numerous drops.

sleshepic
Old
(Last edited by sleshepic; 20th January 2013 at 03:02 PM.)
Recognized Themer - OP
Thanks Meter 6655

DONATE TO ME
Default Re: Casemate Tough Case - Pics/Review

To answer a few of the questions, and ill try to update the review so its covered.

The machining and edges are good. They are exact and dont have sharges pieces/areas. Im actually surprised how well the plastic hugs the corners and is flush with the tpu inner.

The rim hugs the phone very well. Since they used a harder material than silicone it does not pull up, and wont let particles in. The one place they can slightly is by the camera, as seen in the pics. But only for about 1/2 mm before it is flush again.

One thing I love, which I def will add to the review, is how solid it is everywhere. There isnt a creak or movement of any type, without feeling too tight like the incipio (imo). With how much this phone creaks holding it naked, the case feels like its holding the phone together
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sleshepic For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sooby77
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Default Re: Casemate Tough Case - Pics/Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by firewater88 View Post
I put calipers on it and it hit 3/8" without squeezing it. I may have to shave a bit off the plug, there is a lot of rubber surrounding the plug.

Thanks for measuring...
If it's anything like the previous Tough Case, the rubber will stretch allowing you to push the headphone plug in just fine. I have the Westone UM3X and it has a lip that won't fit in hard cases, but works fine in my previous Tough Case for my Galaxy S2.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

The Following User Says Thank You to sooby77 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]