View Poll Results: Did LagFix work on your Android 2.x device?
I don't have Android 2.x 96 80.67%
Yes 16 13.45%
No 7 5.88%
Voters: 119. You may not vote on this poll

[APP] LagFix (fstrim) v1.5.1 2013.03.04

OP AuxLV

17th January 2013, 03:34 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Riga
Thanks Meter: 710

430 posts
Donate to Me
More
THIS APP REQUIRES ROOT!

READ FAQ! Read that FAQ BEFORE you try app!

Premium version is now ON SALE! -50% off of the price! Enjoy!

Some Android users suffer from poor performance after some days/weeks of heavy usage. This is due to a well-known TRIM bug affecting these devices (there are reports that some Galaxy Nexus devices also have affected memory chips). Users with -discard mount option are NOT affected!

The source of the problem is that internal storage is not properly TRIMmed when needed. You can find lots of information on XDA - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1971852 and http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1929021 for example. It is also well-known fact that running fstrim Linux tool from time to time fixes the issue until internal memory runs out of free blocks. Other solutions like mounting with -discard or disabling fsync may be slow or dangerous.

LagFix is a user-friendly implementation of fstrim utility. It allows you to select which partitions to trim (you should leave defaults unless you know what you are doing) and run the process easily.

Please note that fstrim output depends on kernel and device. It works fine unless you see errors. You might see big amounts of bytes, zero amount or repeating amount. All are fine! Read fstrim manual to understand why all these outputs are valid.

It is also advised to reboot your device after the TRIM process so that kernel could reinitialize block data.

There are two versions of LagFix:
  1. Premium version (v1.5.1) - no ads + ability to auto-run trimming on specified schedule. The best choise!
  2. Free version (v1.5.1) - trims your memory with one click, has ads, no schedule.

Warning! Premium version comes from different publisher! This is because Google does not allow to publish paid apps from my country. Send your rage to Google (: Both versions are legit, don't worry.

Release notes:

v1.5.1
+ Added CWM SuperUser support;
+ Added android.permission.ACCESS_SUPERUSER permission;
* Fixed disabling scheduler;
+ New notification icons.

v1.5
Full rewrite, dropped RootTools lib, made my own. No more problems!

v1.4
+ Device compatability detection is now completely reworked
* Fixed a crash

Earlier changelogs:

v1.3
+ New UI
+ Added Info screen
+ Added device compatability detection (looks like it should be improved further)
+ Renamed Donate version to Premium
* Fixed scheduling dissappear after reboot (Premium version)
* Some other bug fixes

v1.2 premium
* Added auto-trim functionality which runs on specified schedule. Click Schedule button and you'll see the options. Setup the way you want and click Install. The button will change to Uninstall to remove auto-trim if needed.
* Added detection if your device supports TRIM - run it once and you will know.
* Fixed some bugs.

v1.1
* Fixed chmod not working on some custom Sense ROMs.
* Added Android 2.2+ support.
* Fixed crashes.
* App is now multi-threaded.
* Updated UI a bit.
* New icon.
* App is renamed.

P.S. If your ROM mounts /data with -discard then this app is NOT needed!

P.P.S. Free version is now attached for those, who do not have market for some reasons.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	01.jpg
Views:	22618
Size:	37.3 KB
ID:	1653068   Click image for larger version

Name:	03.jpg
Views:	19795
Size:	19.1 KB
ID:	1653069  
Attached Files
File Type: apk lagfix-1.5-free.apk - [Click for QR Code] (757.3 KB, 2855 views)
File Type: apk lagfix-1.5.1-free.apk - [Click for QR Code] (757.2 KB, 9343 views)
Last edited by AuxLV; 4th March 2013 at 08:37 AM. Reason: v1.5.1 update
The Following 195 Users Say Thank You to AuxLV For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th January 2013, 03:41 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 47

289 posts
More
Excellent!
Thanks for this. only a day ago i pushed a load of music to my OneX and have been suffering ever since.

I'll give this a go and report back!

To be clear, should I now be able to fill the phone storage to almost capacity with this running? (not currently possible as it just slows down and heats up, draining the battery)

update: enabled the defaults and it said it was successful with some large numbers trimmed. rebooting now
Last edited by zombiefly; 17th January 2013 at 03:44 PM.
17th January 2013, 03:48 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Riga

430 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombiefly

To be clear, should I now be able to fill the phone storage to almost capacity with this running? (not currently possible as it just slows down and heats up, draining the battery)

You run this app every time your device becomes SLOW AS HELL. It does not work in background since it would impact performance. Previously I used backup/restore solution once a week to fix lags. So in my case I will now run this app once a week.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to AuxLV For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th January 2013, 04:16 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 479

2,157 posts
More
Wow, just used this on my gnex, and all I can say is: thanks!

I was originally running with the discard Mount option, but it turns out it wasn't doing anything as your app trimmed a quite big number. (I have since removed said Mount option)

Also, I used to have issues with an app that set settings on boot not actually doing so, but after this app it works again. And my phone feels snappy again.

Thanks for this app.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to geoffcorey For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th January 2013, 04:23 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Riga

430 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by geoffcorey

Wow, just used this on my gnex, and all I can say is: thanks!

I was originally running with the discard Mount option, but it turns out it wasn't doing anything as your app trimmed a quite big number. (I have since removed said Mount option)

Also, I used to have issues with an app that set settings on boot not actually doing so, but after this app it works again. And my phone feels snappy again.

Thanks for this app.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I'm glad my app helped! May I ask to do me a favour and rate app in Play Store? That would be nice (:
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AuxLV For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th January 2013, 04:24 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 47

289 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AuxLV

You run this app every time your device becomes SLOW AS HELL. It does not work in background since it would impact performance. Previously I used backup/restore solution once a week to fix lags. So in my case I will now run this app once a week.

thanks. This is brilliant
the problems i talked of in my earlier post appear to have gone now after running Lagfix. My Phone is back to it's usual speed.

I was also using the emergency restore rom image method, glad I don't have to do that anymore, was a major pain.

I was looking into an app i use called settings profiles as I wanted to run lagfix after every usb dismount, unfortunately it doesn't support running applications, which is a shame. Is there any other way of hooking this in to run automatically after (un)mounting as a usb drive?
17th January 2013, 04:29 PM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Riga

430 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombiefly

I was looking into an app i use called settings profiles as I wanted to run lagfix after every usb dismount, unfortunately it doesn't support running applications, which is a shame. Is there any other way of hooking this in to run automatically after (un)mounting as a usb drive?

LagFix trims /data partition, it has nothing to do with /sdcard which is mounted/unmounted. I will add scheduler in the future releases.
The Following User Says Thank You to AuxLV For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th January 2013, 04:35 PM   |  #8  
Flag Surabaya
Thanks Meter: 390

1,026 posts
More
i'll give this a try on Nexus 4 since it's affected too by the slow down write performance if free space left less than 4GB. well done and thanks for keeping it free!
Last edited by chrone; 18th January 2013 at 01:08 AM.
17th January 2013, 04:36 PM   |  #9  
OP Senior Member
Flag Riga

430 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrone

i'll give this a try on Nexus 4 since it's affected too by the slow down write performance if free space left less than 4GB.

I hope to hear your report if it will help in Nexus 4 case since I dont have one to test myself.
The Following User Says Thank You to AuxLV For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th January 2013, 04:43 PM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 29

252 posts
works great!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
fstrim, htc one x, lag fix, nexus 7, trim
Previous Thread Next Thread