{Save Battery} {All Androids}

Search This thread

traceless

Jun 4, 2014
Google Nexus 5
OnePlus Nord
Great tips! Especially the one with disabling 3G. I didn't think about this before, but found it suspicious because switching between Edge, UMTS and HSPA(+) all the time has to affect the battery. Anyway, since I'm not using cellular Internet atm I can relay on GSM confidently.

khanxay

Mar 24, 2015
Thank you. I didn't even know what's governor's used for. Now I'll set it to suit my use.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all ;)
    Here are a few tips i would like to share wid u all. These tips will help u extract the maximum juice out of your androids ;)

Starting wid the simplest one

TIP NO 1 - ENABLE EXTENDED STANDBY MODE IN POWER SETTINGS{xperia 2012 series only}

If u are on stock ics rom , go to settings, power management and check extended standby mode.
    yes do it, this doesn't affects battery drain but enhance the standby time .:cowboy:
    This helps to switch off wifi and data traffic when the phone screen is switched off for sometime.
    Basic but most useful. :cool:
    When this is enabled , u dun need apps like Juice defender or DS battery saver

TIP NO. 2 - DO NOT USE ANY APP KILLERS OR TASK MANAGERS

Most of us use task manager to kill apps running the background regularly.
    But we may notice that most of the apps killed by task managers get restarted by themselves.
    Thus all these app killers continue to drain battery and do the same thing all around,:eek:
    These app killers will also make your phone laggy to some extent because of poor ram management

TIP NO. 3 - UNDERCLOCK

If u use your phone only for basic purposes such as messaging and calls then there is no problem in underclocking.
    800Mhz would be fine wid minimum or no performance glitches.
    This not only relives strain on cpu but saves battery.
    I myself have underclocked this and belive me 800mhz does not affects the performace of most of the games(if u play) ;)

TIP NO. 4 - USE GOVERNORS

There is no defination for governors but u can say these are the engines that control the cpu frequency time to time

There are several governors present most commonly used being ondemandx , conservative and powersave.

1: OnDemand Governor:
    This governor has a hair trigger for boosting clockspeed to the maximum speed set by the user. If the CPU load placed by the user abates, the OnDemand governor will slowly step back down through the kernel's frequency steppings until it settles at the lowest possible frequency, or the user executes another task to demand a ramp.

2: Performance Governor:
    This locks the phone's CPU at maximum frequency. While this may sound like an ugly idea, there is growing evidence to suggest that running a phone at its maximum frequency at all times will allow a faster race-to-idle.

3: Powersave Governor:
    The opposite of the Performance governor, the Powersave governor locks the CPU frequency at the lowest frequency set by the user.

4: Conservative:
    A slower Ondemand which scales up slowly to save battery. The conservative governor is based on the ondemand governor. It functions like the Ondemand governor by dynamically adjusting frequencies based on processor utilization. However, the conservative governor increases and decreases CPU speed more gradually.

go to this page to know more about governors
    http://androidforums.com/xperia-mini-all-things-root/513426-android-cpu-governors-explained.html

For setting up governors (if installed) and underclocking use a free app like Antutu Cpu Master (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.antutu.CpuMasterFree&hl=en )

TIP NO. 5 - DON'T INSTALL APPS UNNECESSARILY

This does not needs an explanation. Just remember that when apps run in background , they consume battery. More the number of unnecessary apps running, the more faster is the battery drain.

Keep only those apps which u use frequently and if u are a rooted user, delete all bloatwares, FREEZE GMAPS AND TIMESCAPE IF U DUN USE IT.

TIP NO. 6 - CHOOSE NETWORK MODE AS PER YOUR NEED

Whether you are using WCDMA or GSM network or WCDMA/GSM , choose it as per your need.
    If u are on the internet only for surfing then use GSM mode and switch to WCDMA only if u need to download.
    This as per my usage has the greatest impact on battery life.

to select network mode , go to settings>more>mobile networks>network mode

While surfing only (xda :D) i use opera mini app wid GSM mode enabled and its very fast .:cool:

P.S. - charging your battery only when it is about to get exhausted belongs to old school now. Charge whenever u can charge ;)

NONE OF THESE TIPS REQUIRES SOMETHING SPECIAL OR TECHNICAL :cool: TRY THEM AND U WILL DEFINATELY FEEL THE DIFFERENCE :D

I hope you like my guide, its not copy pasted , its not stolen:D from someone, its purely my experience.
    If u find any discrepancy plz let me know.

Feel free to share your tips here and discuss your experience ;)
    Sorry forgot to mention
    University is meant for learners and not critics

Sent from my ST25i using Tapatalk 2

Rofl I see someone being pissy

Although your information does what it's intended , but it should be obvious enough to the people who use smartphones

"Viper kills.....again!"

How obvious have u seen people doing under-clocking my friend?? :)
    Have seen several people using android for months years and they still dun know rooting or governors ;)

Just intention to help thats it my friend
    And m not pissed off
    Just didn't liked that captain obvious title

Well, under-clocking is what people usually does to save battery.
    And you want to force people to root and you post it here? :p

Good effort anyway :)

"Imma be what I set out to be, without a doubt undoubtedly And all those who look down on me, I am tearing down your balcony"-Eminem(Not afraid)

Guys, guys. Good thread, seemingly obvious topics; but maybe just obvious to us. ;)

However, you should add much more information to be a "University worthy" thread.
    Re: {save battery} {all phones}

Aren't you being Captain Obvious ...I mean, aren't these things just really obvious?

printf("random signature because I have got nothing else in my mind right now");
    Sgs2 slimbean, asdk kernel, Uc to 1.18.
    Some things I've done and have had a lot of juice saved.......
    #If u have an amoled screen, use dark wallpaper and inverted apps. Bright colors ( white) will use much more power.
    # disable haptic feedback(vibrations).(ringer, keyboard feedback, touch feedback)
    # disable keyboard sounds
    #disable NFC and hotspot functions
    # disable location services
    # change your sync settings to be as infrequent as you can live with.(email, calender, etc)
    #get rid of unnecessary widgets
    # reduce number of home screens to minimum
    # disable profiles if not using
    #purchase apps. Ad supported apps use extra power to deliver those ads.
    #facebook is a very resource Hungary app. Steals your precious battery and your soul.:D
    #Root, debloat, install custom ROM, install custom kernel,underclock
    #Tasker,...nuff said.
    # use the speaker less. use a headset.
    # if rooted, increase WiFi scan interval.
    That's enough for now. By following just half of this list you could add a few hours of discharge time.
    I didn't state the obvious ones for fear of being castrated by the elitists. But after all if you are on xda then you should know what the basics are.

there is no spoon.....
    Re: {save battery} {all phones}

P.S. - charging your battery only when it is about to get exhausted belongs to old school now. Charge whenever u can charge

Rg this does this good for battery ?? I used to do charging only when it is less than 20.. I heard and believed that battery lyf is dependent on number of charge cycles ?? please advise...

If you charge your phone to around 100. Then it will be considered as one charge cycle. And if you are charging it upto 80, 85 then it wouldnt be cosidered qs one. So as OP said, it is safe to charge it frequently.

Sent from my GT-S5360 using xda premium