5,604,686 Members 36,539 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[APP][2.3+][RELEASE][STABLE] Community bulid of XBMC

Tip us?

kemonine96
Old
(Last edited by kemonine96; 4th May 2013 at 11:14 PM.)
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 1184

DONATE TO ME
Default [APP][2.3+][RELEASE][STABLE] Community bulid of XBMC

The XBMCANDROID.com Team Presents...

STABLE RELEASE OF THE XAF CUSTOM BUILD OF XBMC FOR ANDROID

This release is basically the first stable end user friendly version of XBMC for Android that should work great on pretty much any Android powered device. Since XBMC still doesn't support hardware accelerated video decoding on most devices, support for an external video player is included in this release, that way you'll still be able to enjoy a flawless XBMC experience since the external video player itself does support hardware accelerated video decoding.

You'll also find that a bunch of customizations have been made in order to make the whole XBMC experience more enjoyable for the end user, some user experience and some functionality related.

Hopefully this will change the public perception of XBMC just being a media player, and most people will realize that it's much more: a media platform that interfaces with online streaming video content, bringing online streaming technology directly to your favourite devices in an easy to navigate VOD system with endless possibilities.

Installation

Step 1: From within your Android device's built-in web browser, click on the device specific link below to install MX Player Free:
Step 2: Launch and exit the MX Player Free application at least once before continuing.

Step 3: Install the appropriate version of the XAF Custom Build to your device by clicking on one of the following links from within your Android device's built-in web browser:

Special Thanks goes out to kemonine96, staticaDK, DroidFuse, mikkle, phat, PoorCollegeGuy, Android_Adict, GSH, jas0npc, lavero.burgos, Eldorado, bstrdsmkr, mash2K3 and the XBMC Foundation for all their hard work and dedication!

Code:
Release Notes:

- Milestone Release
Code:
Bundled XBMC Addons:

- NuskuNetworks Addon Repo
- XBMCHUB Addon Repo
- 1Channel
- Project Free TV
- Icefilms
- Mash Up
- TV-release
- AwsomeDL
- Watch-Freeseries
- Baltimore Ravens
- Discovery Channel
- XBMCHUB...Maintenance
- YouTube
- XBMC Log Uploader
Code:
Supported External Players (just change setting in playercorefactory.xml file):

- MX Player Free (default, except for SOX and SAMBA streams)
- MX Player Pro
- TPlayer
- DicePlayer
- RockPlayer
- RockPlayer2
- BSPlayer Free
- Moboplayer
- mVideoPlayer
- vPlayer
- Wondershare Player
- Archos Video Player
Code:
Changelog:

2013-05-04
- Stable Release (Based on XBMC 12.1 Vanilla)

2013-01-17
- Initial Testing Release
Enjoy! Like us on Facebook or Follow us on Twitter today!

PS: Check our main site for some of the many Android TV devices on the market such as the Jynxbox Android Mini and other very affordable hardware options!
The Following 45 Users Say Thank You to kemonine96 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

realizerecognize
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Default Re: [APP][2.3+][RELEASE] The First End User Friendly Version of XBMC for Android

What is this exactly? Watch TV and movies from my phone?

That's what I got from the video

Sent from my LG-P999 using xda app-developers app

FMAranda
Old
(Last edited by FMAranda; 18th January 2013 at 02:42 AM.)
Thanks Meter 173
This is the XBMC for Android but, basically, instead of use the internal video player, it uses an external app (such as MX Player) to play videos, etc, also has lots of features.

It's working really good on my GTab 7+, thanks! I hope you can fix the samba issue, I would love to stream the library from my HTPC.
iPhone 5C - iOS 7.1
Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus P6200L - Stock JB 4.1.2
Amazon Kindle Fifth Gen
http://about.me/fmaranda

icu64
Old
Thanks Meter 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by FMAranda View Post
This is the XBMC for Android but, basically, instead of use the internal video player, it uses an external app (such as MX Player) to play videos, etc, also has lots of features.

It's working really good on my GTab 7+, thanks!
ill this apk work on an arm v6 phone?

zman0900
Old
Thanks Meter 208
So is it only MX Player Free that doesn't support samba streams, or is it all external players? I basically only use xbmc for samba streams on my local network since all my media is on my FreeNas. I use nfs to conect with computers and my htpc, but I couldn't figure out how to do nas with android xbmc. If samba is broken for everything, would it work over nas, if that's even an option? I'm running the rc from xbmc.org right now so just trying to decide if its worth installing this one instead since it will be a pain since I assume this uses different signing keys. Anyways, keep up the great work xbmc guys. Being able to run xbmc on all the things is awesome!

mdalacu
Old
Thanks Meter 186
For smb to work with mx player, XBMC should present the file as a http stream, which it does not. So smb whith external player does not work.
You better check xbmc builds with libstagefright enabled. This is the way to go.
As a workaround of you have root then mount the shares on local folders using cifs manager, then the build from this thread should work.
History: Orange SPV c500, Qtek S200, HTC P3600, HTC Diamond, HTC TouchPro, HTC TouchPro 2, HTC HD2, Samsung Galaxy S, HTC DHD, Samsung Galaxy S2, Samsung Galaxy Note, Asus TF201, Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1, Samsung Galaxy Note 2, Samsung Galaxy N9005].
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mdalacu For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

shadow_empire1
Old
Thanks Meter 28
Which version do I have to install for my Nexus 10?
thx

donyll
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Anyone know if you are taken back to xbmc once you close mxplayer?

Thanks

ice0901
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Default Re: [APP][2.3+][RELEASE] The First End User Friendly Version of XBMC for Android

Great app works on Galaxy Tab 7.7

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app

webleeper
Old
Thanks Meter 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by donyll View Post
Anyone know if you are taken back to xbmc once you close mxplayer?

Thanks
Yes, it brings you back to XBMC after closing out mx player.
Note 2: F2FS 4.3 N3bula
Kernel: AGNi pureSTOCK I605 MJ9+ (ULTRA SMOOTH)
Galaxy S3: latest from Newcultking