Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,412 Members 45,444 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM] [JB 4.2.2]cm10.1/sgt7 [discontinued]

Tip us?

idontwanttobeanoob
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Default Re: [rom][true tablet ui alpha build]

Ummm I typed adb shell, su, reboot boot loader, then verified I had fast boot with fastboot -i 0x1949 devices. And then followed from there.... Took me a while to realize fastboot commands wouldn't be recognized without the -i 0x1949. So I spent a good half hour tracking down drivers issues that didn't exist

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire2 using xda app-developers app
-the bad idea fairy is real... and shes out there, giving bad ideas to the only people who could possibly make incredibly stupid things happen.... like the president for example, those two have been best friends for a long time...

you can take my guns, when you pry them out of my cold dead fingers.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to idontwanttobeanoob For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Jowyn
Old
(Last edited by Jowyn; 18th January 2013 at 09:55 AM.)
Thanks Meter 12
Thanks for this rom, PPT, I'll definitely give it a try over the weekend and send some feedback.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jowyn For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

iytrix
Old
Thanks Meter 45
Hey PPT.

Thought I'd make a forum post.

ROM works fine. If you notice overlapping of icons or whatnot in your launcher, so far it is verified that if you use apex launcher with the margins set to none everything appears normal.

I personally love the unified bar.

I'm going to ditch this for the SGT7 probably, but good ROM if you want the tablet mode!
The Following User Says Thank You to iytrix For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

RevMike
Old
Thanks Meter 20
Default Problem with gapps

I flashed this on top of Hashcode's Jan 15 build.

In my recent experience with CM on my Galaxy Nexus, I didn't need to reflash gapps every time I updated to a new nightly, so I didn't bother here. Unfortunately, when the system came up my google account was missing. I went back and reflashed gapps and then signed back into my account and it is all working now.

Others may want to make a note of this so that they don't have to reboot a second time.

powerpoint45
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1853

DONATE TO ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevMike View Post
I flashed this on top of Hashcode's Jan 15 build.

In my recent experience with CM on my Galaxy Nexus, I didn't need to reflash gapps every time I updated to a new nightly, so I didn't bother here. Unfortunately, when the system came up my google account was missing. I went back and reflashed gapps and then signed back into my account and it is all working now.

Others may want to make a note of this so that they don't have to reboot a second time.
Yeah you will need to reflash gaps...I will put that in thread

Donate by buying my launcher: Lucid Launcher Pro
The system wants you dead; be cautious!

powerpoint45
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1853

DONATE TO ME

Just wanted to say that I am compiling sgt7 right now and if everything works will be uploaded later today

Donate by buying my launcher: Lucid Launcher Pro
The system wants you dead; be cautious!
The Following User Says Thank You to powerpoint45 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

idontwanttobeanoob
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by powerpoint45 View Post
Just wanted to say that I am compiling sgt7 right now and if everything works will be uploaded later today
Can't wait man, I'd love to be able to do that kind of work, but beyond the fact I'm a major newbie at that kind of thing I have no way to set up a development environment. Got one laptop and its an Acer netbook. Wish I could be of more help

fmkilo
Old
Thanks Meter 187

DONATE TO ME
I'm going to be releasing a .bat and a .sh that would automate this process of getting twrp and the boot.img on the device.
The Following User Says Thank You to fmkilo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

iytrix
Old
Thanks Meter 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmkilo View Post
I'm going to be releasing a .bat and a .sh that would automate this process of getting twrp and the boot.img on the device.
That would be fantastic. It seems like that's the biggest issue people have right now. Any way to lessen the steps will make it easier

persano
Old
Thanks Meter 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by powerpoint45 View Post
How I made this rom Tablet UI? Look here:

Code:
Select Code
------------------------------------FILE------------------------------------------------------------ESTIMATED LINE NUMBER
frameworks/base/policy/src/com/android/internal/policy/impl/PhoneWindowManager.java                 #1269-1287
frameworks/base/services/java/com/android/server/wm/WindowsManagerService.java                      #6839
frameworks/base/packages/SystemUI/src/com/android/systemui/statusbar/phone/NavbarEditor.java        #179
packages/apps/Settings/src/com/android/settings/Utils.java                                          #653
frameworks/base/tools/layoutlib/bridge/src/com/android/layoutlib/bridge/impl/RenderSessionImpl.java #1132
frameworks/base/packages/SystemUI/src/com/android/systemui/statusbar/policy/DateView.java           #88
can make this in the stock kinlde fire hd or kindle fire 2, in the stock rom