Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,436 Members 45,023 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Best cheap heavy duty case i ever bought

Tip us?

tritran18518
Old
(Last edited by tritran18518; 18th January 2013 at 03:51 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 122
Default Best cheap heavy duty case i ever bought

- Hi everyone, i just want to share with you all my new case i bought yesterday for $3.39 ..yeah, that's cheap .

link to buy: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Heavy-Duty-D...item484e9f5e5e

Pros:
- Cheap, no1 priority
- Nice design, i guess, and it has multiple colors option for you to pick.
- Nice material. Hard plastic has matte surface ( like our phone Polycarbonate body but a little bit slippery.) The rubber is really soft, smooth and doesn't attract dust a lot( or maybe because the color of my case, i don't see them a lot. The case feel really nice and hight quality in hand
- Very protective for your phone ( raised up in front and around camera lens so you don't need to worry about how you put down your phone in any surface..)
- Case is perfectly fit the phone, except the usb port is a little bit not align but it will not affect when you plug in your usb cable.
- The case is design with curve along it edges + rubber is not really sticky , so it is very easy to put the phone in or pull the phone out of your pocket.

Cons:
- If you pay attention into detail , you will find out that rubber part is not sharply cut ( usb port, micro hole..), just some small details. For this price, i don't expect this case has to be like otterbox...
- Power button/ volume rocker are not raised up. But the rubber is really soft so you will have a nice feedback when you press them. You know what you are pressing at.
- Take very long time to get the phone ( took me 25 days, maybe due to chritmas/new year holiday)

Phones: nokia 5530>ipod touch>htc hd2>samsung captivate> samsung focus>htc mytouch 4g> lg g2x>google nexus s>htc sensation>samsung galaxy s3> htc one S
Tablets: motorola xoom>galaxy tab 10.1>asus transfomer tab tf300
TV: logitech revue
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tritran18518 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

954wrecker
Old
Thanks Meter 453
Default Re: Best cheap heavy duty case i ever bought

Got some eBay bucks and patience so I think I'll order the black and red one to go with the red venom viperxl

Sent from my HTC One XL

Dramamoose
Old
Thanks Meter 4

How thick/solid seeming is the rubber part? Also, are the volume buttons raised up and if not how easy are they to press/would they press accidentally?

Sent from my One X using xda app-developers app

tritran18518
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 122

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dramamoose View Post
How thick/solid seeming is the rubber part? Also, are the volume buttons raised up and if not how easy are they to press/would they press accidentally?

Sent from my One X using xda app-developers app
Rubber part is as thick as a normal tpu case (or just a little thicker) . volume and power button are not raised up but I have no problem with accidentally press them when phone is in my pocket.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using XDA Premium HD app
Phones: nokia 5530>ipod touch>htc hd2>samsung captivate> samsung focus>htc mytouch 4g> lg g2x>google nexus s>htc sensation>samsung galaxy s3> htc one S

joshua54
Old
Thanks Meter 85

DONATE TO ME

Hey u notice one of ur pogo pins is covered, its kinda driving me crazy that sellers are saying these cases are compatible with both one x and xl. Yes they fit but there ARE differences like the pogo pins, camera alignment and sometimes usb cutouts...

Sent from my HTC EVARE_UL using xda premium

954wrecker
Old
Thanks Meter 453

The one xl pogo pins are unfortunately 100% useless so nobody on this forum cares if they are there or not

Sent from my HTC One XL

tritran18518
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by 954wrecker View Post
The one xl pogo pins are unfortunately 100% useless so nobody on this forum cares if they are there or not

Sent from my HTC One XL
+1, i don't know what to do with that pogo pin either . If you use desktop/car dock then it won't fit the phone with any cases on. For this case, i have no problem with camera/usb port cut-out.

tritran18518
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 122
Default Re: For a Heavy duty case..

Wrong oost

954wrecker
Old
(Last edited by 954wrecker; 14th February 2013 at 08:52 PM.)
Thanks Meter 453

I got the red/black version today. It is what it is but for me I can't deal with all the imperfections. Maybe I'm spoiled by my incipio lining up perfect with every button and cutout. The feedback from the power and volume buttons just won't work for me either. It will go in the collection of free backup cases until something happens to the incipio. The devil is in the details for me. The $20 difference is huge but the fit and finish difference is huge too in my opinion.

EDIT: The pics honestly make the $3 case look ok, but in person and up close you can see and feel the drastic differences in quality.

Sent from my HTC One XL
The Following User Says Thank You to 954wrecker For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

tritran18518
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by 954wrecker View Post
I got the red/black version today. It is what it is but for me I can't deal with all the imperfections. Maybe I'm spoiled by my incipio lining up perfect with every button and cutout. The feedback from the power and volume buttons just won't work for me either. It will go in the collection of free backup cases until something happens to the incipio. The devil is in the details for me. The $20 difference is huge but the fit and finish difference is huge too in my opinion.

EDIT: The pics honestly make the $3 case look ok, but in person and up close you can see and feel the drastic differences in quality.

Sent from my HTC One XL
^^,that's why this case costs $3. BTW,in my opinion, this case is $3 then your case should be around $10 . (> $20 is just too expensive )