OEM Vendor Plute on Alibaba - Sold as the "iSMRTV"
Official Page (Translated to from Polish to English)
User Manual (Scroll down for English section)
Specifications on website
- Main chipset: Cortex-A5 Telechip TCC8925;
- Processor: 1GHz; @ 800
- RAM: 512MB DDR III
- Memory: 4GB NAND Flash
- External memory: Micro SD card or USB memory stick
- System: Android 4.0 (Ice-cream Sandwitch)
- Connectors and Ports
- 1 x USB Port
- SD card slot: 1 x Micro SD (Up to 32GB)
- 1x Micro USB port (power)
- Plug HDMI port to connect the device to the TV
Firmware download - This is v1.1 and have yet to upgrade to this (link was only posted today) but a quick look at update.zip shows at least the Play Store apk in there. This update doesn't flash onto my stick for some reason. I'm chasing down the reseller and the vendor to find out more info and possibly source another update file.
- Restore factory settings
- Copy update.zip to a USB flash drive or MicroSD card
- Plus in USB flash drive or MicroSD card into dongle
- Go Settings > About Tablet > System Updates > Install System Update > From USB Storage (USB Flash drive) OR From SDCARD External Storage (MicroSD card)
- Select Install Now
- Wait for installation to finish and done!
How to Root (thanks to tatubias)
- Download file from here
- Unzip cx-01.zip
- Connect the dongle to your PC via Micro-USB cable. Ignore USB malfunction warning, PC will detect device once the dongle has finished booting (can take a few minutes, took me a while to figure this one out)
- When the installation driver screen appears, select advanced option to select the folder driver from the file that you have unzipped
- When driver installation is complete go to the folder Root-Script
- Run Root-Script.bat
7a - Select option 1 and verify the connection if OK
7b - Select option 2 and check if your device can be rooted (with this script)
7c - If its ok select option 3 when finished the dongle will be rebooted
That's all I have for now. AFAIK there isn't a custom ROM available for this device as yet. Wouldn't mind getting into it myself.