[ROM] 01/21/13 S3licious 4.1.1 I747 BLL1 Google Wallet, 4.2 Camera US Users Only

OP ATGAdmin

19th January 2013, 04:49 PM   |  #31  
Flag Pismo Beach
Thanks Meter: 117

199 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by usafle

Wait, I'm supposed to flash that build.prop file too after I install wallet?

Installing the ROM doesn't reference and install / flash the build.prop?

I activated wallet last night on my girls' phone w/o touching the build.prop file so I'm confused.

When you downloaded the ROM, your build.prop was altered automatically, as were the files needed for GWallet to work. This allowed you to have gwallet in your app drawer right from the start.

Once you have finished setting up your gwallet, you download and flash the build.prop file to revert the file back to what it should be. If you don't, everything will still work, except you'll find that Google now thinks you have a Galaxy Nexus, Play Store will not allow you to download apps, if the Nexus isnt a supported phone, the name of your phone will now be Nexus, etc....
The Following User Says Thank You to Covart For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th January 2013, 06:45 PM   |  #32  
Flag Texas
Thanks Meter: 29

897 posts
More
Very nice!!
I just wanted to say very nice ROM...I am very impressed with it. Everything that I needed and wanted..Glad we have the same taste....I am going to run this one for a day or so and report back. Just wanted to commend you all the way around on this ROM...I am in no way asking for anything as I am simply making a suggestion to YOUR ROM is there anyway to add OTA update?
19th January 2013, 08:16 PM   |  #33  
OP Senior Member
Flag Western NY State
Thanks Meter: 1,043

1,368 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by slawcop`

I just wanted to say very nice ROM...I am very impressed with it. Everything that I needed and wanted..Glad we have the same taste....I am going to run this one for a day or so and report back. Just wanted to commend you all the way around on this ROM...I am in no way asking for anything as I am simply making a suggestion to YOUR ROM is there anyway to add OTA update?

OTA update would fail if it were in there, as the /system/apps have apps added that aren't native to this build, and it's been debloated. It was removed to circumvent the "failed update" when attempting to update.
Question: If you're using a custom ROM, why would you even want to take OTA?
19th January 2013, 08:16 PM   |  #34  
OP Senior Member
Flag Western NY State

1,368 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Covart

When you downloaded the ROM, your build.prop was altered automatically, as were the files needed for GWallet to work. This allowed you to have gwallet in your app drawer right from the start.

Once you have finished setting up your gwallet, you download and flash the build.prop file to revert the file back to what it should be. If you don't, everything will still work, except you'll find that Google now thinks you have a Galaxy Nexus, Play Store will not allow you to download apps, if the Nexus isnt a supported phone, the name of your phone will now be Nexus, etc....

Exactly and ty for responding bro!
19th January 2013, 08:19 PM   |  #35  
OP Senior Member
Flag Western NY State

1,368 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghstudent

is there any way to go back to stock theme on this Rom?

Sent from my SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

You could always do a full wipe and install this ROM instead. Completely stock build 747mumbl (it's the base for this ROM)
19th January 2013, 09:46 PM   |  #36  
Flag Texas
Thanks Meter: 29

897 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATGAdmin

OTA update would fail if it were in there, as the /system/apps have apps added that aren't native to this build, and it's been debloated. It was removed to circumvent the "failed update" when attempting to update.
Question: If you're using a custom ROM, why would you even want to take OTA?

thank you for educating me....makes perfect sense.
21st January 2013, 03:51 PM   |  #37  
Flag philly
Thanks Meter: 43

798 posts
More
Re: [ROM] 01/18/13 S3licious 4.1.1 I747 BLL1 Google Wallet, 4.2 Camera US Users Only
I know it says in the op that it can be used for any carrier's that are in the usa...but this will work with T-Mobile correct..?...sry I know some of you are probably banging ur head right now...thanks in advance...

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda premium
21st January 2013, 08:21 PM   |  #38  
OP Senior Member
Flag Western NY State

1,368 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by phordych05

I know it says in the op that it can be used for any carrier's that are in the usa...but this will work with T-Mobile correct..?...sry I know some of you are probably banging ur head right now...thanks in advance...

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda premium

I have been told that it indeed does work with TMobile
21st January 2013, 11:29 PM   |  #39  
Thanks Meter: 31

139 posts
Possible to change lock screen apps or is that deodex thing?
21st January 2013, 11:33 PM   |  #40  
OP Senior Member
Flag Western NY State

1,368 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by torred

Possible to change lock screen apps or is that deodex thing?

You're welcome to make changes as you see fit.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread