Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,225 Members 53,659 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][SGH-T889 / t0ltetmo][KK][4.4.4] CyanogenMod 11 official nightlies

Tip us?
 
teshxx
Old
#21  
teshxx's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 3292
Posts: 1,621
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: FL

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by superti3000 View Post
is there anyway we can do this wit TWRP recovery?
You can flash it via twrp or cwm. It doesn't matter what recovery you use to flash files.
If you think I was helpful buy me a brew or coffee or hookah
================================================
-- ---
================================================
[-::REF::-] Kernel Governors Explained!
[-::SGH-T889::-] Factory Images, Roms, Kernels, & Modems
[-::SGH-T889V::-] Factory Images, Roms, Modems, & Kernels
================================================
The Following User Says Thank You to teshxx For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
zzabbas
Old
#22  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 122
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Westbury
AMAZING to have CM on this device.

If ONLY I didn't need Wifi Calling at work (I get no signal otherwise)...
Current Phone: T-Mobile Note II (PTMR3 Roms -> SlimBean)
Current Rom: SlimBean Build 1
Current Kernel: Saber Kernel

Prior Phones:
T-Mobile G1 (JesusFreke -> Haykuro Roms -> Cyanogen Roms)
Verizon Droid 2 (Matt4542 Roms -> Cyanogen Roms)

Thanks to ALL involved.
 
skater4690
Old
#23  
skater4690's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 57
Posts: 1,014
Join Date: May 2010
Location: houston
Quote:
Originally Posted by teshxx View Post
Couple things that I came across.

(1) 3g/h/h+ icons keep disappering (Data is still connected just the icon is missing. Comes back in few seconds)
(2) Auto rotate doesn't work at all.

Other than that it's pretty solid. Thanks.
Maybe you need to reinstall. Auto rotate works perfect here. Works for browser launcher and well anything that rotates lol. Just no menus for dev options
T-Mobile Samsung galaxy note 2
ROM: stock rooted for now
RECOVERY: stock for now
PARTITION: 16gb internal and external

love at first flash!!! (.)(.)
 
teshxx
Old
(Last edited by teshxx; 18th January 2013 at 07:19 PM.)
#24  
teshxx's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 3292
Posts: 1,621
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: FL

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by skater4690 View Post
Maybe you need to reinstall. Auto rotate works perfect here. Works for browser launcher and well anything that rotates lol. Just no menus for dev options
I did. I fresh installed twice (and yes I did factory reset). Will try it one more time.[COLOR="Silver"]

BTW to enable dev options in 4.2+, tap on build number 7 times.

UPDATE:

Auto-Rotate DOESN"T work. I flashed it a 3rd time and got the same result.
If you think I was helpful buy me a brew or coffee or hookah
================================================
-- ---
================================================
[-::REF::-] Kernel Governors Explained!
[-::SGH-T889::-] Factory Images, Roms, Kernels, & Modems
[-::SGH-T889V::-] Factory Images, Roms, Modems, & Kernels
================================================
 
madmack
Old
#25  
madmack's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4361
Posts: 3,512
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Boston, MA

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by teshxx View Post
I did. I fresh installed twice (and yes I did factory reset). Will try it one more time.[COLOR="Silver"]

BTW to enable dev options in 4.2+, tap on build number 7 times.

UPDATE:

Auto-Rotate DOESN"T work. I flashed it a 3rd time and got the same result.
not the first time i see this. some folks over at the i317 forums report that flashing a tw kernel, rebooting, system hang, reboot into recovery and flash back to cm10.1 fixes it.

i'm not able to replicate the problem on my device so far so it's difficult to fix.

it would help if you can provide a logcats of the system bootup.
 
teshxx
Old
(Last edited by teshxx; 18th January 2013 at 07:32 PM.)
#26  
teshxx's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 3292
Posts: 1,621
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: FL

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by madmack View Post
not the first time i see this. some folks over at the i317 forums report that flashing a tw kernel, rebooting, system hang, reboot into recovery and flash back to cm10.1 fixes it.

i'm not able to replicate the problem on my device so far so it's difficult to fix.

it would help if you can provide a logcats of the system bootup.
Refresh my memory on how to do a logcat. I will be more than happy to provide. Excellent work nonetheless.

BTW I though stock twkernel was not compatible with cm. Also, if I force landscape in Nova Launcher it does rotate to landscape, but need to force rotate again to portrait to get it back normal.
If you think I was helpful buy me a brew or coffee or hookah
================================================
-- ---
================================================
[-::REF::-] Kernel Governors Explained!
[-::SGH-T889::-] Factory Images, Roms, Kernels, & Modems
[-::SGH-T889V::-] Factory Images, Roms, Modems, & Kernels
================================================
 
madmack
Old
#27  
madmack's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4361
Posts: 3,512
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Boston, MA

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by teshxx View Post
Refresh my memory on how to do a logcat. I will be more than happy to provide. Excellent work nonetheless.
enable usb debugging from dev menu (google on how to activate dev options in 4.2) then from CMD type "adb logcat > logcat.txt" and pastebin the resulting logcat.txt file
 
cmenard
Old
(Last edited by cmenard; 18th January 2013 at 08:16 PM.)
#28  
Retired Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 1233
Posts: 464
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Atlanta

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by madmack View Post
not the first time i see this. some folks over at the i317 forums report that flashing a tw kernel, rebooting, system hang, reboot into recovery and flash back to cm10.1 fixes it.

i'm not able to replicate the problem on my device so far so it's difficult to fix.

it would help if you can provide a logcats of the system bootup.
Updating ssp and the sensorhub firmware in the kernel should fix the issue for everyone. I'll resync CM10.1 tonight and submit a patch to gerrit.
AOKP Samsung p31xx and p51xx Device Maintainer

homepage - AOKP Home
twitter - @cwmenard
github - cmenard
 
teshxx
Old
(Last edited by teshxx; 18th January 2013 at 08:30 PM.)
#29  
teshxx's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 3292
Posts: 1,621
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: FL

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by madmack View Post
enable usb debugging from dev menu (google on how to activate dev options in 4.2) then from CMD type "adb logcat > logcat.txt" and pastebin the resulting logcat.txt file
NM Check post #34
If you think I was helpful buy me a brew or coffee or hookah
================================================
-- ---
================================================
[-::REF::-] Kernel Governors Explained!
[-::SGH-T889::-] Factory Images, Roms, Kernels, & Modems
[-::SGH-T889V::-] Factory Images, Roms, Modems, & Kernels
================================================
 
charlie81
Old
#30  
charlie81's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 198
Posts: 924
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Westland,Mi
cant wait to flash this so i see only minor bugs from what everyone is saying i can live with those
[Phone]-T-mobile Note 3
[Rom]-Darthstalker
[Recovery] Twrp 2.6.3.1

[Phone]-T-Mobile Note 2
[ROM] - Beans Rom
[Recovery] -Twrp 2.4.4.0


[Old Phone]- Epic Touch
[Rom]- Goodness v16.65
[Theme]-Stock
[Recovery]-Cwm 5

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes